Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Gen Discussion & Info

Motion effect are intentional. Supposed to represent Ethan being kinda shitfaced the whole game. Plus, even the first game had exaggerated "movement" when you did stuff like crawl through holes in fences, climb stuff, etc.

I miss the old Ethan though. Both his voice and the fact that I think he was asian in the first game. The new one isn't terrible though, but I think the game kinda blew it by not having some sort of epilogue where he gets cleaned up.

I did miss the old Rosa, but I found myself caring more about the new Rosa. Old Rosa was more original but I just didn't feel that "bond" between Ethan and her like in the second game. I am at least glad the new Rosa is realistically "pretty" (reminds me of that Michael Michelle chick from ER). So her makeover is nowhere near as insulting as making Ethan into the Warrior Within Prince of Persia's asshole older brother.

Yeah I wasn't all impressed with how the last level was laid out. I appreciated the first game more. The story was looking to be a 9 or so then hit a mid 7 towards the end. The combat has been greatly improved at least, and Emo Thomas was a lot easier to put up with then I thought he would be.

Crime Scene multi player is a blast even with the whopping four maps, but the other multi player seems to be a waste and completely thrown in. I'm just hoping they address some lag issues via patchs and perhaps even some more maps because Crime Scene is a big hit with me.

I'd give the first game a 8.5 and this a 8.4 with the saving throw being the combat system which was greatly improved, yet the story was not as good as the first

I'm just glad for one thing
There is obviously going to be another sequel. Granted as long as Monoloth is content with this game selling under 250k copies in the US, at least the current trend looks to be that way on VGchartz. I'll gladly put my money down on Condemned 3.

[quote name='Malik112099']i just finished this game and thought it was pretty good considering the end....i was looking around the net and found this site :

http://offsettheevil.com/

it is a condemned 2 site but fucked up in a whole different way[/quote]

Holy shit, that's awesome. Why haven't I seen this before?

*Edit*

LOL! Forest of fairy flowers is hilarious. Just a bunch of links to things that make you less evil. Whoever thought of this site is fucking awesome.

[quote name='Malik112099']i just finished this game and thought it was pretty good considering the end....i was looking around the net and found this site :

http://offsettheevil.com/

it is a condemned 2 site but fucked up in a whole different way[/QUOTE]

The songs that play prior to each flash game are awesome!

Question on how this game saves. Do you have to play each level through without turning off your 360? It saves checkpoints and I can exit out to the main menu (of Condemned 2) and then continue my game but if I turn off the 360 (or exit to the dashboard) when I boot the game back up the only option is to start the level from the beginning.

I should probably play around with it more, but it's a pain in the ass to play through the beginning of a level multiple times.

Okay, well I did try it again after the first save point of the next level and it worked fine. I was able to turn off the 360 and then continue when I powered back on. Maybe it's a problem with turning off the console before exiting back out to the main menu? That's the only thing I can think that I did differently. Guess I'll just try to be careful and exit back out and hope it doesn't lose my checkpoint again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished this game and wow, it got decent reviews, but i thought this game was pretty shitty. Throughout the game its really annoying at times. I dont like the combat, and when it goes into that QTE combo its hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. The voice move is stupid, takes forever for it to work. Then there are parts where the screen goes crazy, flashes, goes blurry where you cant see anything. Really i dont see how this got good ratings, i was so glad to have finished it. I think i unlocked unlimited ammo, so i might try to get some of the achievements, but wow i didnt like this game at all really.

The reason why I love the Condemned series is because it is the only media series to continually scare me. I find horror movies hilarious and I find it hard to believe that anyone could get scared by anything in print. I tried FEAR because I thought, "well, it's in the name" but it was startling at best. But Condemned continually surprises me at how frightening it can be.

The first one was very fun, 2nd one I couldn't get through because of a various number of things.

If you like condemned, you may want to try the suffering. Its a very fun backcompat game. I put it in the same realm as Dead Space and Condemned

[quote name='jd_james_427']The reason why I love the Condemned series is because it is the only media series to continually scare me. I find horror movies hilarious and I find it hard to believe that anyone could get scared by anything in print. I tried FEAR because I thought, "well, it's in the name" but it was startling at best. But Condemned continually surprises me at how frightening it can be.[/QUOTE]

The only parts where i was scared was when people/manikins poped out of nowhere, which is a given in any game. Also the chase scenes with the bear and those robots you had to get with the magnet. But other than that i didnt really think it was scary outside of those moments.

[quote name='slickkill77']The first one was very fun, 2nd one I couldn't get through because of a various number of things.

If you like condemned, you may want to try the suffering. Its a very fun backcompat game. I put it in the same realm as Dead Space and Condemned[/QUOTE]

Dead Space is nowhere near Condemned. It wasn't even creepy. It was more of a comedy on how cliched it was.

I never said either game was creepy. I said they were both fun....
But since we are one the subject, I felt that Dead Space had better atmosphere than Condemned. Honestly Condemned didn't do much that was scary.

bread's done
Back