Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='NovaKane']This discount can be used for used and new games at any time?[/quote]

Used games only.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't notice it till they reprinted my sticker at another GS due to the magically disappearing ink they always use on the original getting to the point that the scanners couldn't read it.[/quote]

I saw an employee tell a customer this weekend that he couldn't use his Edge card "today" because the ink was too faded. I would have gone nuclear. In fact, I think I'm going to drop Consumerist an interesting note.

[quote name='seen']Can anyone who has recently sent in their postcard tell me how long it took to receive the card? Thanks![/quote]

From what I've read here the wait is about 1-2 weeks; so apparently, the turnaround is pretty fast. Some (like dmorr) have been waiting over three weeks though. I'll be giving it a shot myself this week.

Got it yesterday - took exactly one week. Used it today no problem. The card actually runs 13 months with a 12/08 expiration. Thanks for posting this great deal.

Got mine the other day!! Whoo-hoo!

How much you wanna bet the next time they print up the reply cards, the "Edge Card only" option will be history?

[quote name='dark-star']How much you wanna bet the next time they print up the reply cards, the "Edge Card only" option will be history?[/quote]

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Employees are supposed to push the EDGE card, but how can they make their quotas when the internet community knows that for $2, they can bypass a poor salesman's tactics and gain a quality deal without mailbox filler?

Personally, I enjoy the magazine fairly well, but I wouldn't pay retail subscription prices. I just renewed and got a two year subscription for $7ish on eBay a month or so ago.

I got mine today, however they haven't cashed my check for 2$. I used the online PDF form. My card said Gameinformer subscription on the back so I hope they don't start billing me for the subscription!

Just thought I'd chime in.... my friend (who isn't on CAG) did this after I gave him the card and he got his after 2-3 weeks. So yeah, seems to work well still.

There's probably not too many people bothering to do this, just a select few of us, the general public still thinks the subscription deal with the magazine is a good deal.

[quote name='SaraAB']There's probably not too many people bothering to do this, just a select few of us, the general public still thinks the subscription deal with the magazine is a good deal.[/quote]

i hella havent done it lol.

question: my card expires in may but if i reup now in store, will it be 12 months fron now or 12 months after its original expiration date may?

So just print out first picture and mail it in an envelope to them?

Not sure if thats it since their is a postcard or if i need to print iboth sides of the thing and mail that in.

Or can you just stuff the important side in an envelope and label it yourself?

I haven't read all of the pages but,

How does this work? I just print these two things and then....? I'm new at mailing things so you must bear with me. I want to put $2 cash but since it's a postcard I don't know how that works..

[quote name='Brian9824']So just print out first picture and mail it in an envelope to them?

.....just stuff the important side in an envelope and label it yourself?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Hopefully this answers shaveice's question as well

uhm, Last time i went to get one of these cards it was 5 dollars..
so i got the card and a year of game informer... idk what you guys are saying with that whole 20 dollars shit.

[quote name='Limit']uhm, Last time i went to get one of these cards it was 5 dollars..
so i got the card and a year of game informer... idk what you guys are saying with that whole 20 dollars shit.[/quote]

I think that's only if ya renew it in store it's $20. I don't think it's ever been as low as $5. I know it was $10 or $15 when I started getting it from Funcoland back in the day, before GS bought them up too.

It took hella long for mine to come in, I just got mine a few days ago, but sent the card in around late October.

I got my card from this awhile ago, haha, making them pay for my psotage by taping together the front and back of two printed out sheets to look like a post-card is absolutely awesome.

For those wondering, it took less then two weeks for them to cash my check, and to send me my card, it's valid until sometime in 2009 too.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I got my card from this awhile ago, haha, making them pay for my psotage by taping together the front and back of two printed out sheets to look like a post-card is absolutely awesome.

For those wondering, it took less then two weeks for them to cash my check, and to send me my card, it's valid until sometime in 2009 too.[/quote]

Essentially you made the two pics into a postcard, if that were the case, how did you manage to stick the check on?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think that's only if ya renew it in store it's $20. I don't think it's ever been as low as $5. I know it was $10 or $15 when I started getting it from Funcoland back in the day, before GS bought them up too.[/quote]

You guys must get jipped lol
My friend just got one yesterday for 5 dollars. lol

[quote name='Veronica Mars']How do the send the post card with the check? Can't someone just take it? I feel ever worse writing my debit card info.[/QUOTE]

You put it in a envelope.

I also only printed one side of the postcard.

Hmmm my credit card was charged for $2 on the 8th of December but I haven't recieved my EDGE card yet.

How long did it take after your all card was charged or check was cashed for you to receive anything in the mail? Wondering if I should call or not.

[quote name='OGHowie']You put it in a envelope.

I also only printed one side of the postcard.[/quote]

I think he was asking the poster who taped both pics together for free shipping.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Hmmm my credit card was charged for $2 on the 8th of December but I haven't recieved my EDGE card yet.

How long did it take after your all card was charged or check was cashed for you to receive anything in the mail? Wondering if I should call or not.[/QUOTE]Seems to be taking 2-3 weeks. If you really want to call over a $2 purchase, go ahead, I guess.

bread's done
Back