Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

Sounds like this is still working. Going to send in a $2 check to renew. Don't really need the magazine, but I'll take the cheap card. Thanks again OP!

yea i got my mine the other day, it also took about a month to deliever but hey it was two bucks, even though honestly all you need to do is buy a card between your friends and just give everyone a copy of the number and you get the discunt, hey if you know eight people you can get the discount for 25 cents a piece

so let me get this straight, all i need to do is print this out, put in envelope and send with check included ($2.00) i dont need to buy a subscription?

[quote name='mitchondria']so let me get this straight, all i need to do is print this out, put in envelope and send with check included ($2.00) i dont need to buy a subscription?[/quote]
Bingo.

I think I'm going to try this now as my Edge sub runs out in April. I figure if I mail it in now I ought to know by then. I didn't mind too much paying the $15 because GameInformer is at least a decent casual read. But I really don't think I'll get much out of my Edge membership the following year so I'll give the $2 thing a shot.

I was at GS few days again searching for PS2 games while the 25% off coupon was active. When the manager was ringing up some purchase for a customer, she offered him the GI subscription (/w Edge) for $5, saying it's a special $10 off. Not sure if it's a managers special or a regional/national promo. It was the huge GS with movie stuff in Salem.

I got my card back and it now expires in Jan of 09. Problem was, my old one expired in May of this year so they don't add it on to your old one- you just get a new card. Still, I got a 7 month extension for $2.

SI

So have people been sending in printouts of the insert or the printable pdf? I want to send in the printable pdf but it says "Gamestop value card" instead of EDGE card, does this still get you the same thing?

[quote name='Vcize']So have people been sending in printouts of the insert or the printable pdf? I want to send in the printable pdf but it says "Gamestop value card" instead of EDGE card, does this still get you the same thing?[/quote]

I sent the pdf and they sent me the EDGE card so you should be good sending the pdf.

I just did a search in the topic, no one who used a credit card reported back with it working. Checks only. I've got a gift card with money still on it, should I use that or go ahead with check?

I just did a search in the topic, no one who used a credit card reported back with it working. Checks only. I've got a gift card with money still on it, should I use that or go ahead with check?
I used a CC and it worked just fine - you have to write the CC # down so I used an Visa gift credit card with exactly (you guessed it) $2.00 USD on it.

They charged the card in 4 days - they sent me my edge card 2 weeks later.

I mailed my payment (check) and order card nearly 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just checked my bank statement, and the little SOB's cashed the check back on 12-5 of last year, but no card.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I mailed my payment (check) and order card nearly 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just checked my bank statement, and the little SOB's cashed the check back on 12-5 of last year, but no card.[/quote]

Lost in the mail maybe? Call 'em up.

[quote name='chakan']Now why would I flame a double poster?

I remember when Edge cards were $5 *sigh*[/quote]
without the subscriptions, yea I remember:cold:
Oh and yea, I got this like 3 months ago...

[quote name='animemaniac14']got mine yesterday as well!!!! took about 3 weeks for me :whistle2:D[/quote]

I sent out my $2 MO yesterday. Hopefully it takes less than 3 weeks, as I live about 10 miles from the address.

[quote name='tsmvengy']Got mine in the mail yesterday - took about a month![/QUOTE]

Then hopefully there is still hope for me to get mine -_-

[quote name='CaoPi']I sent money order still havn't received anything about 4 wks almost......[/QUOTE]

It took almost a month from when they cashed my check to when I got my card, so it can take a while.

What's so good about the EDGE card? I just so happen to have a giftcard from Gamestop buried in my wallet, and never realized the EDGE written all over it in big lettering. Is this the supposed EDGE card ya'll have been paying $2 for:

03-01-08_0148.jpg

I thought it was just a gift card? Received it quite some time ago by just trading some games in...but is this one capable of receiving the 10% discount?

This thread is...still surprisingly on page one? I thought the 10% discount only worked while subscribed to the magazine? Even then, it states on the card and in CAGWiki that it only works on used games/accessories.

So if you're getting the card without the magazine, the card is pretty much worthless, isn't it?
If you're getting the magazine subscription without a great interest in the magazine, but instead looking for the discount, you need to spend & trade-in a total of $150 before you break even.

So, all of that said, where's the deal in this? Are there this many people that buy used games that frequently from this specific store? Or are there this many people that subscribe to the magazine?

[quote name='vi3tmix']This thread is...still surprisingly on page one? I thought the 10% discount only worked while subscribed to the magazine? Even then, it states on the card and in CAGWiki that it only works on used games/accessories.

So if you're getting the card without the magazine, the card is pretty much worthless, isn't it?
If you're getting the magazine subscription without a great interest in the magazine, but instead looking for the discount, you need to spend & trade-in a total of $150 before you break even.

So, all of that said, where's the deal in this? Are there this many people that buy used games that frequently from this specific store? Or are there this many people that subscribe to the magazine?[/quote]

lol

[quote name='vi3tmix']This thread is...still surprisingly on page one? I thought the 10% discount only worked while subscribed to the magazine? Even then, it states on the card and in CAGWiki that it only works on used games/accessories.

So, all of that said, where's the deal in this? Are there this many people that buy used games that frequently from this specific store? Or are there this many people that subscribe to the magazine?[/quote]

Dude, just get the card. It's $2!!!

[quote name='hordak']Dude, just get the card. It's $2!!![/quote]

Well, when you put it that way...I guess my current EDGE card is getting a little dirty.

[quote name='vi3tmix']Well, when you put it that way...I guess my current EDGE card is getting a little dirty.[/quote]

You don't have to send in anything other than the $2 for you to have a working EDGE card. I would rather pay $2 than pay the stupid fee GameStop is charging. We have to pay GameStop only to tell them that we are going to be loyal customers? That makes no sense at all.

[quote name='vi3tmix']So, all of that said, where's the deal in this? Are there this many people that buy used games that frequently from this specific store?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It's GameStop, the biggest national chain of video game stores in the United States.

I got one of these a while back and I have to say a huge thank you to the OP! It has way more than paid (the $2) for itself. A true cag will print out the business reply thing as well and stick that onto the envelope. Why pay for postage? :)

I think the point is that normally you have to automatically subscribe to the magazine to get the card. This is a workaround to just buy the card for $2. I don't believe there is any synchronization between using the card at the store and someone checking the magazine subscription list. You normally can't get one without the other so there is no point. Now, getting 10% off of used games and an extra 10% on trades pays for itself rather quickly. If I buy a $50 used game, it lowers my price by $5 (and I'll probably take another 10% off with the coupon that is always around). That one transaction pays for itself two fold. How can this not be considered a deal?

Sent my check on 1/23/08, check cleared through my bank 2/21/08 so hopefully I should receive my card soon. I think my current card expires the end of March!

I sent my pdf in on 2/14 and the bank just cleared the check two days ago. So going off of glockglock, I assume I still have a long wait LOL

bread's done
Back