Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

Well I just got my card today so I don't know what to tell ya Caopi. Maybe there was some mix up?

Also mine has a yellow sticker. Don't know if that will affect the problem of the cards not working online.

[quote name='chakan']I glued the second image to a blank envelope. I admit that was ultimate cheapassedness, but I was out of stamps.
[/quote]

hmm i think imma do the same

stamps are getting expensive these days

-__-

hey...i just want to say thanks to the OP...i got my card in the mail a few weeks ago, and used it once, but i have since discovered an issue. The numbers on the sticker on the back of the card have completely faded away! Is there any way to get my sticker re-printed/reissued? The gamestop clerks always complain when i use it b/c they cannot read the number on the back of the card.

[quote name='CaoPi']I highly doubt so no way to track money order...:cry: It's been more than 2 months even my free blu-rays came already, this was awhile back when I sumbitted them, the same time I sent in the money order. I didn't want to personally enter by credit card info since I have heard several people getting charged twice.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten my card and sent for it back in December. They cashed my check Dec 12 but haven't sent it yet. Try calling Johnathan at 612-486-6106. He's supposed to be over the Edge cards andd he may be able to help you. That's who customer support pointed me to.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']CaoPi and Vex11, I guess I was wrong. I just got my card in the mail today so here's to hoping that you also received yours or will receive it sometime this week.
[/quote]

Glad you got it. Definitely gives me a bit more hope.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']CaoPi and Vex11, I guess I was wrong. I just got my card in the mail today so here's to hoping that you also received yours or will receive it sometime this week.
[/quote]

I highly doubt so no way to track money order...:cry: It's been more than 2 months even my free blu-rays came already, this was awhile back when I sumbitted them, the same time I sent in the money order. I didn't want to personally enter by credit card info since I have heard several people getting charged twice.

Well I just got my card today so I don't know what to tell ya Caopi. Maybe there was some mix up?

Also mine has a yellow sticker. Don't know if that will affect the problem of the cards not working online.

[quote name='chakan']I glued the second image to a blank envelope. I admit that was ultimate cheapassedness, but I was out of stamps.
[/quote]

hmm i think imma do the same

stamps are getting expensive these days

-__-

hey...i just want to say thanks to the OP...i got my card in the mail a few weeks ago, and used it once, but i have since discovered an issue. The numbers on the sticker on the back of the card have completely faded away! Is there any way to get my sticker re-printed/reissued? The gamestop clerks always complain when i use it b/c they cannot read the number on the back of the card.

[quote name='CaoPi']I highly doubt so no way to track money order...:cry: It's been more than 2 months even my free blu-rays came already, this was awhile back when I sumbitted them, the same time I sent in the money order. I didn't want to personally enter by credit card info since I have heard several people getting charged twice.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten my card and sent for it back in December. They cashed my check Dec 12 but haven't sent it yet. Try calling Johnathan at 612-486-6106. He's supposed to be over the Edge cards andd he may be able to help you. That's who customer support pointed me to.

I got mine today in the mail... they cashed my check March 19th. Also, lol @ the yellow sticker on the card... it's like the same ones they use to print prices on used games :whee:

i'm sooo happy each of you has been able to screw gs out of subscriptions. although if you re-up in store i think you should at least be able to score some decent "shawag"

I got mine today in the mail... they cashed my check March 19th. Also, lol @ the yellow sticker on the card... it's like the same ones they use to print prices on used games :whee:

i'm sooo happy each of you has been able to screw gs out of subscriptions. although if you re-up in store i think you should at least be able to score some decent "shawag"

Sent March 29th
Recv'd April 12th

I sent the printout the application inside a regular stamped envelope. My card is valid until the end of April 2009.

[quote name='davo1224']Sent March 29th
Recv'd April 12th

I sent the printout the application inside a regular stamped envelope. My card is valid until the end of April 2009.[/quote]

Same. Got mine under 2 weeks.

I'll be hopping on the gravy train as well this weekend as soon as I reorder some checks.

Edit:
It cost $18 to reorder checks from Bank of America? Thanks but no thanks....thats highway robbery.
I'm assuming check is the only way to pay? sorry can't read the whole thread.. i'm at work right now.

[quote name='jp554731']I'll be hopping on the gravy train as well this weekend as soon as I reorder some checks.

Edit:
It cost $18 to reorder checks from Bank of America? Thanks but no thanks....thats highway robbery.
I'm assuming check is the only way to pay? sorry can't read the whole thread.. i'm at work right now.[/quote]

Use a credit card. Also, those online check places usually have good deals on books of checks. So, go and get your Garfield on!;)

I'mma make this Slurpee coupon last all month, yo!

[quote name='jp554731']I'll be hopping on the gravy train as well this weekend as soon as I reorder some checks.

Edit:
I'm assuming check is the only way to pay? sorry can't read the whole thread.. i'm at work right now.[/quote]

Use a credit card. Also, those online check places usually have good deals on books of checks. So, go and get your Garfield on!;)

Yup. Got mine too a few weeks ago. The guys at GameStop said it would never work because only the stores have the ability to print that yellow sticker. Well, sure enough... I got my card, with yellow sticker on back, and it worked just fine! :)

If you don't have checks, you can usually go to your bank and have them print out a perforated page of them for free. I know they will do this at US Bank at least.

[quote name='hordak']Yup. Got mine too a few weeks ago. The guys at GameStop said it would never work because only the stores have the ability to print that yellow sticker. Well, sure enough... I got my card, with yellow sticker on back, and it worked just fine! :)[/quote]

Mines does NOT have a yellow sticker on the back and therefore doesn't work.I was told to contact GI online since thats where I got it,but I haven't done so...

Did this happen to anyone else??

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Mines does NOT have a yellow sticker on the back and therefore doesn't work.I was told to contact GI online since thats where I got it,but I haven't done so...

Did this happen to anyone else??[/QUOTE]

This happened to me. I didn't even realize it until I tried using it at GameStop. The sales guy called corporate to try and get the number, but they informed him that the card expired last year. I told that has to be a mistake since I just received the card a month ago... But there wasn't anything else they could do. Luckily, the sales guy was nice enough to let me use his Edge card for my purchase.

[quote name='djinni']This happened to me. I didn't even realize it until I tried using it at GameStop. The sales guy called corporate to try and get the number, but they informed him that the card expired last year. I told that has to be a mistake since I just received the card a month ago... But there wasn't anything else they could do. Luckily, the sales guy was nice enough to let me use his Edge card for my purchase.[/quote]

Hey,I just called GS customer service and the rep. told me he couldn't find my account since it was done thru GI but he did say GI has an edge fulfillment rep.He gave me his name and number and told me that person may be able to get me a sticker or verify my account.I'll call tomorrow since he gone for the day.I'll post what happens or anyone can pm me if they'd like the info as well.

How odd that you guys didn't get a sticker. The little sticker on my card says it was issued by Gamer Informer Subscription. I think you should call the 877 number on the back, tell them your situation --- give them the account number printed on your card and ask them to give you the number that should be on the sticker didn't come printed. That way the GS clerk can just manually type in the code that would otherwise be on the barcode.

[quote name='hordak']How odd that you guys didn't get a sticker. The little sticker on my card says it was issued by Gamer Informer Subscription. I think you should call the 877 number on the back, tell them your situation --- give them the account number printed on your card and ask them to give you the number that should be on the sticker didn't come printed. That way the GS clerk can just manually type in the code that would otherwise be on the barcode.[/quote]

I did,that's how I was given a number to a rep. who specifically deals with these types of things..I'll post what happens tomorrow..

Anyone think it will be possible for me to call gamespot customer service and get them to apply the discount to a order I placed a few days ago. I got the card today and would like my 10% off on it.

[quote name='HockeyDOg3133']Anyone think it will be possible for me to call gamespot customer service and get them to apply the discount to a order I place a few days ago. I got the card today and would like my 10% off on it.[/quote]

lol gamespot.com rulezzz super great dealzzz

Got my card today, yellow sticker and all. It definitely arrived quicker than I expected - I sent the form out last Friday.

Decided to stop putting it off and sent mine in. Got it today with about a 3 week turn around time, just in time for the buy 2 get 1 sale. Thanks OP!

[quote name='blackmilk']Decided to stop putting it off and sent mine in. Got it today with about a 3 week turn around time, just in time for the buy 2 get 1 sale. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yeah, like a moron I let my regular sub expire before sending in for this (I thought it was good through end of April but apparently not). And despite having the actual GI post cards to mail in for the last several months I put it off till just a few days ago. So I will miss this sale but will probably get my card in 2-3 weeks when it is useless. My own damn fault though...

Hey guys, I'm going to assume this still works?

How can I sign up for the $2 edge card? Print the PDF's and send a check in the mail? Or is there an online thing I can use?

I'm confused :( (I read the majority of this thread too lol)

The guy at my GS said it may not be applicable anymore but I see you guys are getting yours still. Any help is appreciated!!!

I wouldn't want the card without the magazine. It is a great mag, and for $15 a year it isn't bad at all.

[quote name='djinni']This happened to me. I didn't even realize it until I tried using it at GameStop. The sales guy called corporate to try and get the number, but they informed him that the card expired last year. I told that has to be a mistake since I just received the card a month ago... But there wasn't anything else they could do. Luckily, the sales guy was nice enough to let me use his Edge card for my purchase.[/QUOTE]

It happened to me, too. I didn't realize it until I was checking out with the B2G1 sale. But instead of using using his Edge card, the Gamestop employee very helpfully suggested I get the card in-store next time :roll:

bread's done
Back