Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

Found an old slip from one of my GI, sent in about a week ago. Just noticed they cashed the check on the 9th.

Oh, GS probably changed it and added that ($7 for shipping and handling) just to be jackasses. Funny how 7+2=10, not that I'd pay $9 for it either. Screw Gamestop.

Got It Today
They Also Cashed It Yesterday Too, So They Mailed Before They Cashed .... ?

Says Expire In 2009 no month stated What that mean ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was a scam but I figured what's $2, so I sent it out the check with a printout of the postcard, and 3 weeks later to my surprise I received my Edgecard. It really works, no BS

So I print the pdf out then fill it out then mail it with check and wait for it to come?

also, do we make the check to "gameinformer magazines" ?

[quote name='morphineseason']Where's the old PDF located? The one in the OP is marked as $10 for the edge card.[/quote]

Here it is (courtesy of the Wayback Machine):

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.gameinformer.com/images/Corp/PDFs/subcard.pdf

I took the one from the Oct 29, 2007 backup, located here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071009070832/http://www.gameinformer.com/images/Corp/PDFs/subcard.pdf

Hope this helps you guys!

UPDATE: I just got mine today, good thru October 2009, thanks OP!

I printed up the old PDF with the $2 EDGE card deal about a week ago and my wife said that it was deposited. We'll see what happens. It looks like this is still going on.

Looks like my check was cashed yesterday. I can see the image online, and they circled my name and wrote my address right on the check. Odd, but I'm hoping that means my edge card is on it's way :applause:

Out of curiosity, I am about to print this out, however I'm not sure what the dimensions should be, so I don't want to print it up, and have them deny it because it's larger.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, it looks like the deal is still going strong.
I got my $2.00 check deposited on Monday and today I got the EDGE card just like the others have. Another year of deals.
Do any of you know where I could get a discounted subscription to "Game Informer"? I still enjoy the magazine.

[quote name='buff89']Hey guys, it looks like the deal is still going strong.
I got my $2.00 check deposited on Monday and today I got the EDGE card just like the others have. Another year of deals.
Do any of you know where I could get a discounted subscription to "Game Informer"? I still enjoy the magazine.[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199721

Check out this thread, I havent ordered from it but it seems like many other CAGs have.

Got mine today. It has the sticker on the back saying that it's valid thru 11/09, so it should work fine, correct? And just for reference, all I did was print out the JPG image in the original post on two sides of a piece of paper (it wasn't even lined up correctly or anything), and then I printed the postage paid side again on a separate piece of paper and glued it to an envelope. My point being, you don't have to print this perfectly to get it. It was originally a PDF file, so I'm sure they expect some messy print jobs.

Also, I sent this to the old "3rd floor" address that's on the original pre-paid card and it still made it to the 4th floor, so don't be afraid to take advantage of that free postage. Big thanks to the OP for this great deal (assuming my card works).

My original $2 GS/EB Edge card is going is only valid till 11/08,
so I think I'm gonna have to order up another one real soon :p

Glad to hear this is still working :)

[quote name='chior']anybody still has the link for the old $2 subcard pdf file?
thanks[/quote]
Looks like their website has already updated the pdf to $10 for the card :bomb:

[quote name='chior']anybody still has the link for the old $2 subcard pdf file?
thanks[/QUOTE]

Like I said in my post, just use the JPG file, because that's what I used, and I got mine just fine. They apparently aren't looking for top quality/perfectly printed copies here.

Also bludd, no you do not need a subscription. That's what makes this such a great deal.

I kinda sorta fu*ked up on this. I had an old issue laying around and I just ripped it out wrote down my credit card # and checked the box for the EB/GameStop more card. I sent it in and a few days later I check my invoice online and I got charged for a 2 year subscription(I didn't check the box for) and the card(i did check the box for). It crossed my mind that who ever opened my envelope decided to fu*k me over and take a pen and check the subcription box to make some $$ off me.

Still waiting on my card. I'm jealous of you guys that got it the day after your check was cashed; it's been about a week since they cashed mine.

I think using a check would be the greatest / safest Option.

Just to let everyone know they aren't looking for a NICE CARD or anything. I sent them a triple folded, taped up piece of paper with a check and they still accepted it =P

[quote name='morphineseason']Like I said in my post, just use the JPG file, because that's what I used, and I got mine just fine. They apparently aren't looking for top quality/perfectly printed copies here.

Also bludd, no you do not need a subscription. That's what makes this such a great deal.[/quote]

Ty Sir for the answer. :D

Deal is still good. Printed and filled out the .pdf, sent off a $2 check, and I got my Edge Card today!

A word of advice, if you dont have a checking account, send a postal money order instead. Sending cash is very risky, there are many holes en route, and there's no way to prove that it was ever recieved. With a postal money order, you can know if it were ever cashed, and unlike cash, it's only written out to one person, unless the theif's name is Game Informer. Sure its an extra dollar, but thats still pretty good for the card.

waiting for my card as we speak
AAA.gif

It worked for me, thanks OP. I used a card from a 2006 (I don't remember what month) Game Informer. I attached a small piece of paper to the non-address side with 3 staples to form a pouch, put the check in the pouch, and taped it at the top. 8 days later, I had my new card, which is good through November 2009.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Does anyone have a PDF version of the $2 one? I'm digging through the thread trying to find it, but am only turning up dead links...[/quote]
ppssssstttttt - it's in the OP:
from cranguy:
Also, if you prefer, here is a PDF of the subscription card from GI's website:
http://www.gameinformer.com/images/C...Fs/subcard.pdf
(edit: also found by KrAzY3)
Edit: Found that this is the $10 option, not good.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Does anyone have a PDF version of the $2 one? I'm digging through the thread trying to find it, but am only turning up dead links...[/quote]Here's the link I posted to this thread back in August: LINK

Not sure if it still works as it blockered at work now. I'll check again after I get home.

bread's done
Back