Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='eugaet']Here's the link I posted to this thread back in August: LINK

Not sure if it still works as it blockered at work now. I'll check again after I get home.[/quote]

Yes, the link works! :)

I had two GI discount cards so I filled out one of them and put it in an envelope with a check. Then I glued the other card on the front of the envelope and mailed it.

The card said no postage needed so I thought it was ok, but now I'm thinking it meant no postage needed if only the card is being mailed. Now its been a week and my check hasnt been deposited yet and theres no way of knowing if its been mailed correctly since I didnt put a return address on the envelope.

Should I wait longer or mail another one? I want to get the card before BF deal. thx

I sent a $2 check in with the $2 pdf about 2 weeks ago, and the card just came in today! (11/25/08) Thanks everyone, awesome deal!

I sent in the printout and even pasted the "no postage necessary" part on the front of the envelope so I wouldn't have to use a stamp :) and I got my card yesterday. I did this last year as well. Really, really huge thanks to the OP!

I'm almost tempted to do this again, despite doing it back in the summer, to get another Edge card good for a couple more months... anyone try doing 2?

[quote name='Justin42']I'm almost tempted to do this again, despite doing it back in the summer, to get another Edge card good for a couple more months... anyone try doing 2?[/QUOTE]

As I said above - I did it last year and now just again. No problem. My old card expires at the end of this month, though. If I were you I'd just wait. I get the impression that they don't plan to stop accepting the $2 forms. I would think they would have refused ours now if they were ever going to refuse them.

Like the people above I did this offer last year and as my card was about to expire I did it again recently. Just got the card yesterday after a 1 1/2 week wait... Good till Nov. 09 :p

[quote name='kylerg']I think I will finally do this sometime this week.[/quote]
lol me too. I'm doing it tomorrow since I have to go out anyway. DO I just print it out. I did and the paper is pretty big.

I got mine today with the big paper and all. $2 works for me as I didn't find game informer worth the subscription price anyway.

Just got mine... again... two years of Edge card usage for only $4 total--a complete deal, IMO :D

Hope it's still alive come next December.

who do we make checks payable to and which options do we check...

2 year sub + edge card then insert $4 check?

[quote name='superoreo']who do we make checks payable to and which options do we check...

2 year sub + edge card then insert $4 check?[/QUOTE]

There is no option to get a two-year edge--I was referring to the fact that this thread has been up for well over a year now, and I had already done the deal once last November.

Damn, this is still alive? I was about ready to pony up at the local GS when I saw my card from this deal was about to expire. Of course, I had to check this thread first. . .

[quote name='superoreo']hi guys. i cannot find a jpeg or pdf of the $2 edge card. does anybody have it?[/quote]

It looks like any other edge card...just walk to your local Gamestop if you want to see one. However, if you're talking about the pdfs to apply for one, I believe they're in the OP's post.

slickdeals has the $2 version.Go there and search for posts by mjain275 to find it.

Im gonna send it in this week.I will update later if i get the card or not.

I took the .png image from SD and uploaded a copy to my site. Just so there's another copy in case there's problems w/ the SD link. I don't think you can link direct to the attachment, you have to click on the link from within the SD forum...or at least that's what I had to do, gives a 403 Forbidden if you're not coming from SD. Checks the referrer attribute. Credit to formulanerd [SD] for posting the image.

http://www.eugaet.com/download/cag/$2edgecard.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']I took the .png image from SD and uploaded a copy to my site. Just so there's another copy in case there's problems w/ the SD link. I don't think you can link direct to the attachment, you have to click on the link from within the SD forum...or at least that's what I had to do, gives a 403 Forbidden if you're not coming from SD. Checks the referrer attribute. Credit to formulanerd [SD] for posting the image.

http://www.eugaet.com/download/cag/$2edgecard.png[/quote]

Hmmm .... Right you are .... here's the direct link to the original uploader's (formulanerd [SD]) post on SD ... again as a matter of redundancy

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=13126354&postcount=62

Thanks Taboner, one thing though, the edge card on that link shows $10 not the $2 I did almost a year ago.. so do we send in $10?

*edit* nm, got the SD link to work and printed out the $2 one haha. Here's to nothing.

I've got a card that will expire in June.

I got a Game Informer subscription from one of the online discount mag sites. Any chance of taking an issue to GS and getting a renewal card?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='my2k2zx2']I've got a card that will expire in June.

I got a Game Informer subscription from one of the online discount mag sites. Any chance of taking an issue to GS and getting a renewal card?[/quote]

Probably not, when you think about it, the discount card and magazine subsccription are two different entities, sold seperately by GI, but sold in a combo deal from GS. YMMV as usual if you can convince a GS employee to give you a card.

Of course, the reason for this thread is the $2 deal, so why not try sending it in and hoping for the best? Many of us have gotten it to go through.

It's pretty impressive that this still works... I imagine there's not that many people who know about it and actually use it, so here's to hoping it'll be around this time next year :)

I guess they really don't mind giving us an Edge card for only $2 so that we would frequent their stores and buy more used stuff more often than we would without the extra 10% off. A win situation for them, and a win for us.

So is the Edge card like a debit card? Cause when I traded in some games, I believe they put the credit on their? Can I like, use it on their website or something?

[quote name='Riyonuk']So is the Edge card like a debit card? Cause when I traded in some games, I believe they put the credit on their? Can I like, use it on their website or something?[/quote]

Yes and yes.

I pulled out some of my old issues of GI and found a few of the $2 forms that have a "Bill me" option. Has anyone tried this?

Well, as started to check out at Gamestop I realized my Edge card had expired. I'd like to try for another $2 one, but when was the most recent date that anyone has gotten this to work exactly? I see that they changed it but I don't know when they changed it or if anyone has gotten it to work since then.

I sent in an old form($2 one) about 2 weeks ago.Just checked my bank account and the $2 check has been cashed.So i should be getting the card soon :)

bread's done
Back