Considering selling the majority of my collection to help my family thru a rough time

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Due to some extremely frustrating, unemployment-related circumstances, I’m seriously considering putting up the majority of my game collection for sale so that I can make sure my family makes it through the month. To give you an idea how dire the situation is, I’ve got my Xbox 360 up for sale, my non-GH Silent Hill, and my hard-earned copy of Suikoden II.

I need some help; I’m kind of out of the loop as far as the values of this stuff goes, so if you all could throw out some rough estimates as to how much I might ask for all of this, I would truly appreciate it... Feel free to make offers, as well, if you’re interested. I’m hesitant to part single items out at this point but for the right offers I would definitely consider it. I’d obviously prefer selling it to a CAGer rather than putting it on eBay.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. All titles are complete & in good or better condition unless noted. Also no greatest hits unless noted.

XBOX 360

Premium System w/Media Remote
Extra Wireless Controller
Play & Charge Kit
WiFi Adapter

Burnout Revenge
Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Edition

GBA (All cart only)

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Metal Slug Advance
Metroid Fusion
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Sword of Mana

GCN

Baten Kaitos (Missing Instructions)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I&II (Original Edition, online key never been used)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Calibur II
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tales of Symphonia

PC

Oblivion
Tomb Raider Legend
Battle For Middle Earth II Collector’s Edition

PS1

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (GH)
Chrono Cross (GH)
Colony Wars: Vengeance
Darkstalkers 3
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VIII
Incredible Crisis
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Madden NFL 2002
Parappa the Rapper
R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
Resident Evil 2 (Original, non dual-shock Edition)
Silent Hill
Soul Blade
Suikoden (Single Jewel Case)
Suikoden II
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III GH
Tomb Raider: Revelations
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Vagrant Story

PS2

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Dragon Quest VIII
Escape From Monkey Island
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser Generations (Standard Edition)
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Jak III
La Pucelle: Tactics (sealed)
Mega Man X8
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat Deception: Premium Pak
Onimusha
Onimusha II
Onimusha III
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Phantom Brave Special Edition (Sealed)
R-Type Final
Radiata Stories
Samurai Warriors
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shadow Hearts From the New World
Shining Tears
Siren (Manual in poor condition)
Soul Calibur III
Star Ocean III
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Xenosaga Episode I (sealed)

Wow, that is an awesome collection there.
I'm sure a lot of CAGs here will be interested in a lot of them, so you should be able to grab some really nice prices here.

I'm sorry for the troubles you're going through, and hope you the best.

Man, I don't even know where to begin... A lot of this stuff is (can be) pretty pricey, and I'd hate to give a price, because I'm not the best person at pricing things. Were you wanting people to make offers, or help you identify what good prices would be for a lot, or what? There are a few up there I'm a bit interested in, but again, not sure how you want this to work.

Also, I hope things get better man. I hate to see a CAG down on his luck like that.

First I wont be the first to say this. If you are worried about money then dont bundle it all up. You will make more selling single items.

Secondly good luck.

Not to be an asshole, but if you're desperately in need of the money like you say you are, I'd dump the games as single items on Ebay... you will make about 2x the value putting them on there, which will help in the long run.

You could get $120 for Suikoden 2 alone, no CAG will even offer $100.

I just got done selling alot of the same games you did and came out very well off on Ebay... PM me if you want and I can help you with prices.

Thanks for the support - I appreciate it. This is one of the only places on the internet where posters genuinely seem to be decent people.

I lost my "good" job back in May and have been working as a help desk temp since then while putting out resumes... still havent had a bite and the temp job just isn't cutting it for me anymore. I hate doing this but I've got a 3-year-old and a 4-month-old, and we have to eat : /

Snake I know you're right. I should part it out to make the most of it... I guess I'll revise and start putting individual prices up here tonight... in the meantime, any suggestions are very welcome. Glad to hear that there may be some interest, at any rate. Thanks again everyone!

[quote name='Roufuss']Not to be an asshole, but if you're desperately in need of the money like you say you are, I'd dump the games as single items on Ebay... you will make about 2x the value putting them on there, which will help in the long run.

You could get $120 for Suikoden 2 alone, no CAG will even offer $100.

I just got done selling alot of the same games you did and came out very well off on Ebay... PM me if you want and I can help you with prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're absolutely right - I'm gonna single em out.

The thing about ebay though is that I'll get hit with fees. I may resort to ebay, but I want to try CAG first, not only because of the lack of fees, but because y'all are a nice bunch of blokes.

Beware of ebay too, peoplecan be real jerks on there. Someone ended my auction with buy it now then unregistered themselves from ebay and never answered emails or paid. still in disputes to get my fees back or a relisting. :(

I PM'd you, but you didnt respond. Im intrested in

Phantasy Star Online Episodes I&II (Original Edition, online key never been used)
Skies of Arcadia
Final Fantasy X
All JAK Games
Radiata Stories

And my friend is intrested in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

You all rock. I'm getting bombarded with PM's right now which I appreciate trememdously... It may be a little while before I can respond to all, so please be patient... still trying to determine what I'm gonna do with this list (I've actually gotten a few attractive bids already on both individual games and the lot as a whole) so please bear with me and I'll try to sort through it all tonight after work.

Thanks again CAGs!

If you need help selling on ebay just ask me, I am not on ebay anymore but I am sure me and many others can tell you what to do..looking at your list real quick..

Looking at your list I could make about $1400 easily off everything....if I really pushed it I could make near $2000...actually looking at it slower

Yes, I could make about $1700 after fees and shipping are discounted off..you've got some real gold there and if you really are going to sell it then sell it for what it's worth..

I swear if I had the money I'd buy everything off you for about $1300.

Once you decide what you're going to do, how you're going to sell them, etc. let me know about the following games, if you would:

GCN:

Resident Evil

PS2:

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Jak III
Samurai Warriors
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

Best of luck to you in your situation, man. Hope things look up for you soon, and I hope you get the type of money you're looking for off of your games.

Darkstalkers 3 and maybe Ridge Racer Type 4 seem interesting. I might want them. PM me and let me know... thanks.

Do you accept cash payments? If you do then how much would you like for Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon? Let me know, thanks.

bread's done
Back