Consolidated Metroid Prime Trilogy Thread: GameStop-Exclusive T-Shirt

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
230637b.jpg

Amazon- Metroid Prime Trilogy - $46.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ATY7JE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
There appears to be no regular edition listed, and the Collector's Edition also appear to be exclusive to Amazon.

Best Buy- $49.99 + $10 GC
[quote name='eau']BestBuy RZ members get a free $10 GC with in-store purchase of the game.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_METRD[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy- $49.99 with Free Baseball Cap
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14445
pre_metroid.jpg

GameStop- Metroid Prime Trilogy - with Bonus!- $49.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982

Pre-order at GameStop for a free t-shirt, seen below (yep, awesome):
230637_bonusLG.jpg

Text from Joystiq's article:

If you were jealous of Japan's New Play Control releases of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, don't be. Nintendo of America just announced plans to release all three (non-pinball) Metroid Prime games on a single Wii disc as Metroid Prime Trilogy. The press release says that it was developed by "Retro Studios and Nintendo." Did Retro itself work on the refit before leaving Nintendo, or does the Retro credit apply only to the original games?

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be enhanced with a widescreen mode and the pointer-based Wii controls from the Japanese re-releases. Metroid Prime 3 won't be, because it was already a Wii game and already has them. The collection will feature a "new unlockables system" that allows access to bonus artwork and other rewards based on accomplishments in all three games -- Corruption's "token" system applied to the whole series.

Trilogy will be out in North America on August 24 for $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop updated their listing to note that the art card thingy isn't a bonus, but included with the game.

So you get two bonuses from GS over Amazon--the Poster and T-Shirt. I'm a whore for gaming T-Shirts so I'm still getting it from GS this time.

The Poster is also online only >_> but they have contradictions in their own statement.

Reserve Metroid Prime Trilogy and receive a Metroid Prime Trilogy poster. This poster will make a perfect addition to any dorm room, 1980's skating rink or national archive. Available for online customers only.

Online Customers: Metroid Poster will be shipped with your game.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: Metroid Poster will be available at time of game pick-up.

[quote name='62t']isnt the gamestop version also a Collectors Tin?[/QUOTE]

yup GS has the tin cover as well.

OP needs to update that there is only one version of MP3 trilogy: the collector's edition. Amazon offers the poster too, so the only exclusive preorder thing Gamestop has is the t-shirt at full 49.99 + tax.

Hrm.

If the art book/card pack comes with the game as standard equipment AND the steelbook case is standard, then I may just cancel my preorders entirely and pick the game up at Best Buy or even hold for a sale.

All three Prime games were utterly phenomenal. Must haves. Thankfully, I already have them, so I can be patient.

After tax gamestop is $54 and after ECA amazon is $42. I really want that t-shirt but not for $12 and it's probably two sizes too large since people think most gamers are fat-asses.

Retro has not left Nintendo. However, they did lose key people. Senior programmer Mark Haigh-Hutchinson died of cancer in January 2008, and in April 2008 design director Mark Pacini, art director Todd Keller, and principle technology engineer Jack Mathews all left the company to form Armature Studio.

Retro did all of the work on Metroid Prime Trilogy, but nobody knows what else they're working on right now.

Obviously I'm a huge fan...in for one on Amazon, since I couldn't care less about the t-shirt.

[quote name='imacgod']I do want that Metroid poster... GameStop it is...[/QUOTE]

Amazon also has the poster.

[quote name='Alkaline']Amazon also has the poster.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon picks up the other two bonuses, that would be gravy.

I want that shirt but as stated above, i don't know if it's worth that much cash... that is a decent looking shirt though.

Hrrrm, I have a $10 coupon at Gamestop (left over from the GameDays cancelled order fiasco)-- is it absolutely confirmed that the Gamestop version comes in the tin/Steelbook as well? As it sounds like GS has the better deal going on this (with my coupon than ECA discount)...

[quote name='Justin42']Hrrrm, I have a $10 coupon at Gamestop (left over from the GameDays cancelled order fiasco)-- is it absolutely confirmed that the Gamestop version comes in the tin/Steelbook as well? As it sounds like GS has the better deal going on this (with my coupon than ECA discount)...[/QUOTE]
I like to know too. I got the same $10 coupon. GS is having a better deal with this coupon plus they have a free preorder t-shirt.

To me, it looks like the only difference between the two is actually the t-shirt. Thanks for the comment guys, i updated the OP, hopefully i'm right this time.

I just got this email from Gamestop, asking if the game comes in a Steelbook/tin case (which the Amazon order DOES specifically say)-- that said, it looks like it's a tin INSIDE the case but the fact they're saying it's not a tin makes me think it's not a tin at Gamestop?

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately, that is a metallic-looking sleeve that goes over the main
case of the game. The game itself is not coming in any kind of tin or
steelbook case.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

hmmm... does it say "collector's edition" on the gamestop.com's website... what are the differences between amazon's and sgamestops

Everything I had read (Googled) indicated there was no "normal edition", they're all CEs... but Gamestop's email has me curious, especially given Amazon does say tin.. I know I'd rather have the steelbook than the shirt.... hrrm. decisions, decisions. I just hope Amazon doesn't pull some stunt and remove the case from their product listing.

Sorry to bump this but anybody know why the wall-scroll was removed from the Gamestop page listing? Is it no longer included or what?

EDIT*
Nevermind, I just learned through an email response that they ran out of the wall scrolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Sorry to bump this but anybody know why the wall-scroll was removed from the Gamestop page listing? Is it no longer included or what?

EDIT*
Nevermind, I just learned through an email response that they ran out of the wall scrolls.[/QUOTE]

Wall Scroll? You mean the poster? It's still listed on the Gamestop site.

Edit: Anywho, I pre-ordered on Gamestop along with Muramasa. Amazon's selling for $47 it seems so I guess I can pay an extra $7 to get a shirt.

[quote name='Vinny']No, I mean wall scroll. At least, that's what I think they called it.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/Metroid_bonusLG.jpg[/QUOTE]

Oh, oh, oh, that's the art book.

Gamestop removed it as a bonus item because it'll be packed in with all copies of the game, no matter where you buy it. So it's not technically a Gamestop pre-order exclusive.

On the Gamestop Site:
Metroid Prime Trilogy comes with a Metroid art booklet. The art booklet contains 5 double sided panels printed with metallic ink on high quality premium gloss paper. The booklet contains development, sketch, and concept art accompanied by the history of Metroid and Samus. Unfolded the total booklet length is just under 36 inches.

Someone feel free to correct me on this.

[quote name='maximumzero']Oh, oh, oh, that's the art book.

Gamestop removed it as a bonus item because it'll be packed in with all copies of the game, no matter where you buy it. So it's not technically a Gamestop pre-order exclusive.

On the Gamestop Site:

Someone feel free to correct me on this.[/QUOTE]

That's odd... when I emailed them, they said they exhausted their supply of the wall scrolls. But I think you're right, guess it's part of the CE... that part wasn't part of the original page description.

There's an art book in every edition and that picture earlier is of it.

Chiming in on the game itself, I played Metroid Prime and Corruption and they are unbelievably fantastic games. I had Echoes on the shelf for years and I'll pick this up just to have everything consolidated with widescreen support and motion controls.

It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me how Corruption did so poorly. I know being first person was probably a big handicap for the japanese market but it is the best looking Wii game by a mile and probably the best game in the series.

Hold on...awesome game aside...

"Reserve Metroid Prime Trilogy and receive a GameStop Exclusive Metroid Prime Trilogy t-shirt. This stunning t-shirt will let the world know that you can be formal, but what you really want to do is party! Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last."

Wat?

I got an e-mail from Nintendo, and supposedly Gamestop is offering the collector's edition with the T-shirt AND the poster. The only reason to order on Amazon is if you can get a better price, but I'd rather pay extra for the T-shirt.

[quote name='Fatbot3']It's honestly a bit of a mystery to me how Corruption did so poorly. I know being first person was probably a big handicap for the japanese market but it is the best looking Wii game by a mile and probably the best game in the series.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played 2, but I loved 1, and can't stand 3. The control is horrendous. It would be okay if they adjusted the game so you don't have to make any quick aiming or anything, but if anything it actually requires it MORE than 1 did, despite the broken controls.

I expected a lot from it, and it's one of the biggest reasons I own a Wii...but I never bought the full game, and am thankful I didn't.

I got an e-mail from Nintendo, and supposedly Gamestop is offering the collector's edition with the T-shirt AND the poster. The only reason to order on Amazon is if you can get a better price, but I'd rather pay extra for the T-shirt.

With ECA it's 42.70 and for most people it's tax free.

So the question is:

1. Is the shirt worth it from GS? It looks good but I don't need another XL I have to use as a hand towel.

2. Do you want 10 bucks you have to spend at BB? The coupon makes the deal about the same as Amazon and a bit better for people who have pay taxes either way.

[quote name='chakan']As much as I want the steelbook and the lower price, I must have that shirt and poster.[/QUOTE]

All copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy have the steelbook case. Where'd you get the idea that it was exclusive to Amazon?

You shouldn't even need to pre-order if that's the part you're worried about. I probably won't even wear the tshirt, but since I'm paying full price anyway I'll take the shirt over saving a few lousy bucks.

[quote name='hpv']All copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy have the steelbook case. Where'd you get the idea that it was exclusive to Amazon?

You shouldn't even need to pre-order if that's the part you're worried about. I probably won't even wear the tshirt, but since I'm paying full price anyway I'll take the shirt over saving a few lousy bucks.[/QUOTE]

Just to add to this I went to GameStop today to preorder NGS2, and they had a few sample display copies of this. It is a steelbook case with an outer slipcover at GameStop as well.

did anyone who pre-ordered at a Gamestop B&M store get their poster & t-shirt at time of pre-order?

I just pre-ordered it today at a GS, and I got the t-shirt, but completely forgot to ask whether I'll still get a poster when I get the game...

Still debating where to pick up this game. I'll probably pick this up on Amazon when I received my trade-in credit from Amazon in a few weeks. I want to give this game a chance especially with the new play control. I just couldn't get into the ones on the Cube mainly due to the annoying control scheme.

Has anyone seen pre-order boxes of Metroid at Best Buy? I already preordered at Gamestop to get the poster and t-shirt but the BB deal is better except I can't find Metroid on their website.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']did anyone who pre-ordered at a Gamestop B&M store get their poster & t-shirt at time of pre-order?

I just pre-ordered it today at a GS, and I got the t-shirt, but completely forgot to ask whether I'll still get a poster when I get the game...[/QUOTE]
I preordered mine awhile back ago and didn't recieve anything. I thought we got the bonuses when the games released. Idk, I haven't preordered from gamestop since castlevania:por released so its been a while.

bread's done
Back