Consolidated Metroid Prime Trilogy Thread: GameStop-Exclusive T-Shirt

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
230637b.jpg

Amazon- Metroid Prime Trilogy - $46.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ATY7JE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
There appears to be no regular edition listed, and the Collector's Edition also appear to be exclusive to Amazon.

Best Buy- $49.99 + $10 GC
[quote name='eau']BestBuy RZ members get a free $10 GC with in-store purchase of the game.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_METRD[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy- $49.99 with Free Baseball Cap
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14445
pre_metroid.jpg

GameStop- Metroid Prime Trilogy - with Bonus!- $49.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982

Pre-order at GameStop for a free t-shirt, seen below (yep, awesome):
230637_bonusLG.jpg

Text from Joystiq's article:

If you were jealous of Japan's New Play Control releases of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, don't be. Nintendo of America just announced plans to release all three (non-pinball) Metroid Prime games on a single Wii disc as Metroid Prime Trilogy. The press release says that it was developed by "Retro Studios and Nintendo." Did Retro itself work on the refit before leaving Nintendo, or does the Retro credit apply only to the original games?

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be enhanced with a widescreen mode and the pointer-based Wii controls from the Japanese re-releases. Metroid Prime 3 won't be, because it was already a Wii game and already has them. The collection will feature a "new unlockables system" that allows access to bonus artwork and other rewards based on accomplishments in all three games -- Corruption's "token" system applied to the whole series.

Trilogy will be out in North America on August 24 for $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my GameStop.com order. The game is listed as "pending", and my order shows two shirts, both listed as back-ordered...

Edit: One of the shirts is now listed as "cancelled." Strange.

[quote name='snowmint']I didn't go to BB cause there was no coupon to use but in the end i got two 2 and posters at GS.[/QUOTE]

wait! that's what I've been looking for...the OP states you get a $10 GC if you're a reward zone member. However, myrewardzone.com is shut down all day!!

I was on the fence about getting this, but have decided I want to get it. Is this $10 GC via a coupon from the internet, or will it apply automatically?

well I went to gamestop today to pickup up preorder of metroid and of course they have already run out of t shirts. Well I think this will be last new game I ever pick up at gamestop. With the Eca and amazon credit I already have 8 games preordered and paid for. I will just use my gamestop credit to flip used games to amazon.

Is anyone else as pissed about this poster thing as I am?

Not admittedly Gamestop did send me a $10 coupon, but I honestly think I would have wanted the poster more.

More importantly what brings my piss to a boil is the fact that the website listed it as "ONLINE ONLY" and guess who gets it? The guys that pre-order in the goddamn store.

Had I known this I would have done a in-store pre-order.

fuck.

Congratulations Gamestop. This is the first and last time I'm ever pre-ordering anything with you.

I got my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy after they price matched my local Fred Meyer's ad! And I got the $10 gift card as well for being a Gamer's Club Reward Zone member. After my $10 Reward Zone certificate, I only had to pay $20!

I had a $125 gift card anyways, and coupled with the $10 card they just gave me, it only cost me $10 in gift cards for MPT!

Awesome day!

I preordered at my local gamestop and got both the shirt and poster. I just want everyone to know that the shirt is OKAY, but hte poster is very nice.

My friend also preordered and picked up his game and both items... BUT he will be returning the game because pre order items are not listed on the receipt. Anyone who wants these items, I suggest you do the same.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I preordered at my local gamestop and got both the shirt and poster. I just want everyone to know that the shirt is OKAY, but hte poster is very nice.

My friend also preordered and picked up his game and both items... BUT he will be returning the game because pre order items are not listed on the receipt. Anyone who wants these items, I suggest you do the same.[/QUOTE]

I probably would at this point if my local Gamestops even had any of the preorder items. One store didn't get the game and of course no bonuses (when I had it preordered there) and the other one had only the game. Needless to say I just canceled...

[quote name='maximumzero']That being said, anyone want to sell/trade their poster?[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure if you're that into it you'll probably enjoy it much more than I would. BTW I'm only getting a poster because I submitted a complaint online from my cancelled preorders (since the stores had no preorder bonuses whatsoever) and the district manager called and said she'd send me a poster and also a shirt if she could find one. YMMV of course but it was actually a surprisingly pleasant phone call from Gamestop...

[quote name='sabanoo']Yeah sure if you're that into it you'll probably enjoy it much more than I would. BTW I'm only getting a poster because I submitted a complaint online from my cancelled preorders (since the stores had no preorder bonuses whatsoever) and the district manager called and said she'd send me a poster and also a shirt if she could find one. YMMV of course but it was actually a surprisingly pleasant phone call from Gamestop...[/QUOTE]
That's very surprising that you got that phone call. Would never had expected that. Whereabouts is your GS store? Changing gears...checked on BBB and GameStop has a rating of F (anybody surprised?). Checked Newegg and they have an A. That makes me feel better since I do a lot of business with them. Never had any trouble with them. One nice thing about ordering from Newegg (which is were all but three out of 11 of my Wii games came from) is you don't pay taxes or shipping (on most games anyways). If anybody goes with Newegg in the future, you will see shipping charges on your receipt (you won't be charged though), but on a few of my preorders that was removed once they shipped.

[quote name='tew2110']That's very surprising that you got that phone call. Would never had expected that. Whereabouts is your GS store? Changing gears...checked on BBB and GameStop has a rating of F (anybody surprised?). Checked Newegg and they have an A. That makes me feel better since I do a lot of business with them. Never had any trouble with them. One nice thing about ordering from Newegg (which is were all but three out of 11 of my Wii games came from) is you don't pay taxes or shipping (on most games anyways). If anybody goes with Newegg in the future, you will see shipping charges on your receipt (you won't be charged though), but on a few of my preorders that was removed once they shipped.[/QUOTE]

I was also surprised. The two Gamestops I went to (and submitted complaints about) are both in Rutland, VT. Although interestingly enough another nearby Gamestop in West Lebanon, NH had both Metroid Prime and the bonus items on the 24th (although they weren't selling/giving anything out yet).

For anyone who cares, the shirt is now listed as "shipped" with a different tracking number. The game should arrive Friday; no date is listed for the shirt...

are they gonna ship the poster with the game or with the shirt?
GameStop.com claimed they never received the poster from the supplier, so no one who ordered online from them is getting one.

I got lucky by going to a brick-and-mortar GameStop, explaining the situation, and walking out with a free poster. And I still have the $10 coupon from GS.com!

[quote name='lutherjw']GameStop.com claimed they never received the poster from the supplier, so no one who ordered online from them is getting one.

I got lucky by going to a brick-and-mortar GameStop, explaining the situation, and walking out with a free poster. And I still have the $10 coupon from GS.com![/QUOTE]

wow. thats not right. so u guys got the email automatically about not having a poster and giving u a $10off coupon?

I was wondering if there are any differences between the GS version and the amazon.com version... i recall the amazon.com version being "limited" or "collectors" ... has anyone compared the two copies?

thanks!

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']I was wondering if there are any differences between the GS version and the amazon.com version... i recall the amazon.com version being "limited" or "collectors" ... has anyone compared the two copies?

thanks![/QUOTE]

The two copies are identical as far as the metal tin and slipcover, etc... The posters for both versions are also the same although my poster that came from amazon was folded to be the same size as the game and poster I just received from Gamestop came in a normal poster tube.

I mentioned this in a previous post but contacting my district manager and complaining about not receiving any of the preorder goodies from my local Gamestops (Rutland, VT) did net me a poster and t-shirt sent over from Schenectady, NY (where I'm guessing the disctrict manager is) so anyone else nearby might have some luck submitting a complaint (YMMV - especially at this point since I submitted the complaint on release date)...

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']I was wondering if there are any differences between the GS version and the amazon.com version... i recall the amazon.com version being "limited" or "collectors" ... has anyone compared the two copies?

thanks![/QUOTE]

I have the GS version and based on the Amazon description and reviews, it sounds the same: metal casing, slipcover, extra artwork inside.

Gamestop was an EPIC FAIL when it came to the preorder bonus on this!
When I picked mine up on Tuesday, they did not have ANYTHING! yea yea no poster, but no shirt or anything! The guy acted like I did not kow what I was talking about and when i told him what it was supposed to be, he was like OH yea he then checked in the back and said that they did not get any of the bonus stuff on the shipment and for me to check back later this week to see if they get it in on a different shipment. I am going to be by there later tonight so I may stop in, but I am not holding my breath. EPIC FAIL! At least I reserved it when I got 25% off another used game. that was a sweet deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back