Consolidated Metroid Prime Trilogy Thread: GameStop-Exclusive T-Shirt

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
230637b.jpg

Amazon- Metroid Prime Trilogy - $46.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ATY7JE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
There appears to be no regular edition listed, and the Collector's Edition also appear to be exclusive to Amazon.

Best Buy- $49.99 + $10 GC
[quote name='eau']BestBuy RZ members get a free $10 GC with in-store purchase of the game.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_METRD[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy- $49.99 with Free Baseball Cap
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14445
pre_metroid.jpg

GameStop- Metroid Prime Trilogy - with Bonus!- $49.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982

Pre-order at GameStop for a free t-shirt, seen below (yep, awesome):
230637_bonusLG.jpg

Text from Joystiq's article:

If you were jealous of Japan's New Play Control releases of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, don't be. Nintendo of America just announced plans to release all three (non-pinball) Metroid Prime games on a single Wii disc as Metroid Prime Trilogy. The press release says that it was developed by "Retro Studios and Nintendo." Did Retro itself work on the refit before leaving Nintendo, or does the Retro credit apply only to the original games?

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be enhanced with a widescreen mode and the pointer-based Wii controls from the Japanese re-releases. Metroid Prime 3 won't be, because it was already a Wii game and already has them. The collection will feature a "new unlockables system" that allows access to bonus artwork and other rewards based on accomplishments in all three games -- Corruption's "token" system applied to the whole series.

Trilogy will be out in North America on August 24 for $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I don't own a wii. The best they can come up with are GCN ports. And the fact that devs keep on making PS2 games is holding the wii back since all multiplatform games are the PS2 version with wii mote tacked on

Well what about Mario Galaxy, Boom Blox, and original games like that. You gotta understand something. The Wii is a money making machine. Much like the PS1 was when it came out. Everyone and their were creating games for the system, whether they were good or bad. So if you develop a low budget game for the Wii, chances are you are going to double the money you put out to make it. But every system has something good to offer. Now a game like Mario Tennis, I could see making it for the Wii, and this Metroid Trilogy is perfect, seeing as Corruption was great and had awesome controls, but Pikmin, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat....what the hell? But there are some great titles on the Wii. That is why I will always buy every major system. Because I am a gamer and not a fanboy. Last comment not intended for you.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']This is why I don't own a wii. The best they can come up with are GCN ports. And the fact that devs keep on making PS2 games is holding the wii back since all multiplatform games are the PS2 version with wii mote tacked on[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your useful insight on how to troll a deal thread.

Anyway, I'll probably pick this up since I wouldn't mind replaying the Prime series with Wii motion controls. Prime 3 did a pretty good job with them.

I didn't start Prime, got halfway through Prime 2, and beat Prime 3, so I think it's a buy for me.

But... This isn't actually a deal...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Holy crap, what a deal. This seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo. But good game Nintendo, good game.[/QUOTE]

True. The last time they did even something remotely as good as this was the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for the GameCube.

[quote name='imacgod']I didn't start Prime, got halfway through Prime 2, and beat Prime 3, so I think it's a buy for me.

But... This isn't actually a deal...[/QUOTE]

I never played any of them =/

Also, when Amazon lists it for $3 less than normal, it will be a deal, if half of the deal threads are any indication ;).

Now I am tempted to trade MP3 in on the EA Sports Active deal. Doesn't seem much point in holding onto the standalone, if I'll be picking up the 3-in-1 later.

I got part 1 & 2 for cheap and they've been sitting in my back log forever. I never got part 3 since I never played 1&2. Now I can ditch those two copies for the cube, and buy this. With the justification that it cost the same as Part 3 alone.

Plus I'm sure some place is bound to have a deal on it. Punch out has a deal and that a new game. This is a remake & rerelease so there are going to be alot of people who don't buy it. And that means places will have to run sales on it.

I will probably buy this as a daily/gold box deal like when I picked up RE4 Wii (even though I already had it for the GC). The widescreen upgrade will be worth it for me.

Thanks for the notice OP, though this really should have been posted in the Wii forum since you can't even preorder it anywhere yet.

Why are people posting game announcements in the deal forum? :/

At any rate, this is going to be one of the best compilations of all time.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']This is why I don't own a wii. The best they can come up with are GCN ports.[/QUOTE]
Whatever. Metroid Prime is better than any game on Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. So if any of those systems had it, it would be the best games on them, as well.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Why are people posting game announcements in the deal forum? :/[/QUOTE] It all depends on your interpretation of what a "deal" is. Metroid 3 + 2 updated free games sounds good to me. :)

[quote name='Thrinn']It all depends on your interpretation of what a "deal" is. Metroid 3 + 2 updated free games sounds good to me. :)[/QUOTE]

By that logic, the announcement of every compilation should be posted in here as a "deal."

This is an announcement, not a deal.

Holy shit this is a great deal. Let's hope Capcom learns a lesson from Nintendo and releases the GC Resident Evils as one compilation disc.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Holy shit this is a great deal. Let's hope Capcom learns a lesson from Nintendo and releases the GC Resident Evils as one compilation disc.[/QUOTE]

Too late for that. The "Archives" releases of RE0 and REmake are sold separately.

What do you suppose the odds are of having a 3-part players' guide? Probably pretty good considering they re-released a tiny Pikmin guide.

I've been looking for a Prime 1 and Prime 3 guide forever.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
At any rate, this is going to be one of the best compilations of all time.

Whatever. Metroid Prime is better than any game on Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. So if any of those systems had it, it would be the best games on them, as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, CE. You never fail to make me laugh.

Damn, that's awesome. I'm on it if Amazon still has the discount. I'd like to replay the games with 3D controls.

What a great deal! In for 10!

As good as it is to get 3 awesome games for 1, it's not a deal since it is MSRP. Nintendo is giving us a heck of a deal, but it is the same price everywhere. Now when you can actually pre-order it and when it is on sale somewhere, come back and try again OP...
:roll:

Really didn't care for any of the Prime games on GC, but the motion controls might be enough to get me to try them out again.

How does my post about Fallout 3 GOTY edition (with all 5 DLC included) get brushed from the deals section, but this one is left untouched?

Neither thread has a link to a pre-order, both are great deals...

CAG confuses me :)

Will be getting this at some point. Will trade in MP3, but anyone know the value? Or if MP1 and MP2 get anything worth while?

Looks like I'll be trading in my Fallout 3, Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3, for Fallout GOTY and Metroid Prime trilogy, I am so pumped. This isn't a deal, it's just freaking aweosme.

Give it a week and the pre-order 'deal' will come in from Amazon with $3 off and everyone can stop bitching about it not being a deal.

Plus, MSRP or not, 3 great games with enhancements on 2 of them is definitely a deal to me, if I didn't already have a Wii I'd be getting one just for this release. No matter the correct section, thanks for the info OP.

Held off on 2 because I couldn't find a great deal on it and never bought 3 because I haven't beat two

When I get some cash I'm picking this bad boy up :]

Thanks for the post

Damn, I hardly got any use out of my Metroid Prime 3 on Wii because I was positive it was going to be a keeper for the collection anyway and thus I was not worried about the value going down in time. Looks like I'm gonna unload it immediately now. I'm sure I'll find a deal on the Trilogy in the future so what's the point of keeping the standalone version of 3?

I'm going to click on it everyday until it shows up in my gold box..then I will pre-order it with an ECA code (hopefully SOON)..and this way..I can have it pre-ordered for a while so if it DOES lower in price..I can get this for as cheap as $40! :shock:

While not a deal per se, it is notable for this forum as it immediately impacts used game prices and makes importing the Japanese Play On Wii re-releases inadvisable.

[quote name='awp']Hmm..tempted to trade in my MP3 (which I haven't played yet) toward this.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop TIV just went down to $9.75, might drop even lower as people trade them in

Prime is one of my all time favorite games and I've yet to experience the second and third game. I will be buying this immediately. Even at its standard price, this is an amazing deal.

[quote name='the_punisher']http://www.amazon.com/Metroid-Prime..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243028732&sr=8-2

Now with the ECA discount, it's sort-of a deal, so you guys can finally shut it.

I know it's not technically a deal, but let's be honest: nobody reads the Wii forums ;).[/QUOTE]

The ECA discount is not even working right now. This is NOT a deal. In fact, for those of us who already have all three games, this is a straight up rip-off/cash grab by Nintendo to get us to rebuy the two earlier games again. Please post these kinds of items in the appropriate forum. All of us have access to other news sites, we don't need you cluttering up the deals forum with crap like this.

bread's done
Back