Contest - CAG Foreplay #23: Win a Sega Saturn w/ X-Men: Children of the Atom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember having my Saturn modded with a dip switch in the back to run import games--of which, my fave was Radiant Silvergun by Treasure. I was able to finally track down a copy on eBay back in the day. It was great, probably a bit overhyped, but great nonetheless. Anyways, my favorite game on the Saturn has to be Dragon Force! Anyone else remember this strategy game? So insane to see so many sprites doing battle at that time.

I remember Xmen children of the Atom! I had it for my Saturn. Fun as hell game.

Cyclops was Cheeeeeeeeap, "beam! beam! beam! beam!" Bah!

I have so many fond memories with my saturn, its a shame i went with saturn tho instead of PSX... i feel like i lost out in that generation as all the great games i wanted to play were either multi-platform anyways, or only PSX.

Anyways, Nights, Xmen, and Megaman X4.... i played those games to DEATH! :)

I never touched a Saturn before, I remember even completely dismissing it even though as a kid I dreamed of the days of an eventual 32X :lol: If I were so fortunute to get the win, I'd have to track down all the flagship Saturn titles on ebay to truly experience the machine.

Children of the Atom on the other hand was a dream come true. I remember first playing it at a water park for most of the day at my Dad's company picnic. I was a Street Fighter nut and an X-Men nut.

Picked up Panzer Dragoon Saga and a Saturn when Toys R Us in Lima put them on clearance. I only ever picked up a couple of games for it since everyone was stocking only N64 and PS1 titles at that point. PD Saga was and still is amazing.

Great prize!

I want me some sweet Saturn action. Favorite game? Im probably most anticipated to play NiGHTS.

Panzer Dragoon is awesome too, but theres no chance im ever gonna be able to touch that game :p

Never did own a Saturn, but I often played it at the Target demo kiosk back when I was young. I always did like Nights, it was pretty exciting to just fly around, although I didn't know what the goal was. I also enjoyed Fighters Megamix, with its combination of Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers characters (With armor damage, something that was somewhat of a novelty back in those days). I probably stopped playing it around the time that the N64 kiosks came out with Mario 64 and replaced the Saturn kiosks.

I already have a slim PS2 and a N64, I might as well have a Saturn to complete the generation (And maybe pick up a few games like Nights at the local independent games retailer).

my favorite would have to be the xmen vs. street fighter import, which i still have. it was a hassle to start but boy was it worth it. first you had to put the loading cart then switch that cart with the 4 meg cart at just the right time to get it working. sadly, i traded the saturn to get a dreamcast...but that turned out to be well worth it. i havent read the rest of the thread but i think anyone who names BUG! or BUG! TOO!...uggh... they should be disqualified.

Ive never had a saturn but I do think I have played one a few times. was there an awful 3d sonic on it? Panzer Dragoon Saga always seemed like a game I might like.

Sega Saturn... sadly few, but they awesome memories were had with the console.

One of my old friends was the only person I knew to have a Saturn, and the best game for the system, was easily Sonic R. I know I'll get a lot of crap for this, but it was an amazing racing game, even though it could be 100%'d in less than a half hour, but god, I could replay the game over and over (and still do on occasion to this day on Gems Collection or PC). Another good Saturn game was some DBZ game that I don't know the name about, besides the fact it was an import and my friend beat me as Frieza multiple times D:

So that's what I've got on the Saturn, sadly few, but it seemed like an awesome system.

And if I were to get this, the first game I'd get would be Burning Rangers, because it seemed awesome/bad at the same time from what I've seen on it.

The original Panzer Dragoon really impressed me at the time, and I would love to be able to play Panzer Dragoon Saga if ever happen across a rarified copy of it. :)

The Saturn Bomberman game is still the best game in that series and is the best game I've played on that system.

I used to play Saturn at my babysitters house, when I was around 10. They had a pretty large collection and I enjoyed playing it everyday. I played games like NiGHTS and Virtua Fighter, but I got attached to Tomb Raider. At 10 that game was scary as hell and really challenging for my young mind. I never beat it but it was fun and easily my favorite of all the Saturn games that I played. Too bad I've never played, let alone seen a Saturn since those days.

Saturn had so many great games. X-men vs. Street fighter was the one I had the most fun with, also the D&D Arcade games. Just wish they had those come out in the US.

Nights: into dreams was by far my favourite Saturn game but alas when I moved to China a few years back (I'm back in Canada now) I had to sell my whole game collection! /cry

Having a Saturn again would be awesome my wife and I would enjoy playing some arcade classics together on Saturn =D

Saturn is one of the only systems I have never laid hands on, it just seemed like NONE of my friends got one. I even knew someone who had a 3DO for pete's sake. I'm most interested in trying the crazy expensive stuff like radiant silvergun. I hope I win!

i absolutely LOVED X-Men: COTA in the arcade, so that'd have to automatically be my fave saturn game (since i've never actually played a saturn..)

Best game is obviously Saturn Bomberman. It's the only Bomberman to support 10-man multiplayer and is also one of the earliest online console games. 28k-4-LIFE!

I wouldn't mind having a Saturn. It has a few good games. Besides it would look great with with the Sega, 32x, and Dreamcast I have hooked up in the basement.

probably not the best, but i have fond memories of CLOCKWORK KNIGHT.

a straight ahead side scrolling platformer that looked great at the time...

i do remember that i was a game that you had to beat in one sitting, no saving...thats crappy.

I'll have to go with Guardian Heroes. Treasure is probably one of the top five developers in Japan.

Wow, what an awesome prize. I guess I'm one of the relatively few people to have actually played and completed Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game was really impressive for that generation, and doubly for me because I was very immersed in the Final Fantasy style of RPG at the time. PDZ had such a unique visual and gameplay style that it really made an impression. Plus the dragon combat was really fun. Too bad I'll never ever be able to find a non-expensive copy of the game if I win the Saturn. :)

I never had a Sega Saturn (had a Sega Master system though) but NIGHTS into dreams looks really cool and I look forward to NIGHTS on the WII.

I still play my Saturn at least once a week. Here are my favorite Saturn games:

Saturn Bomberman (Best party game ever! 10 freaking people on one screen)
Dragon Force 1 & 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Astal
Nights and Christmas Nights
The fighting games, my god where do I begin? Real Bout FF, KOF 96, Groove On Fight, Rabbit, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, Nightwarriors, and Cyberbots.
Shining Force 3
Burning Rangers
Radiant Silvergun...best shooter ever!
Guardian Heroes
KO Attack Squadron

My favorite system of all time (PSX who?) and good luck to whomever takes it.

Virtual On was by far my favorite Saturn game. Fast and fun Mech Battling Action. The mechs had great character and awesome attacks. Even better if you had the twin sticks. Boo ya!

Shining Force 3, great game one of the last good ones if I remember correctly. I played all the shining forces except for Shining Force 3, I even played the game gear one and I beat that one like 4 times thanks to corrupted save files..,

Anyways, Shining Force 3, go.

My Favorite Saturn game,I would have to say Nights. Mainly because of the countless childhood hours of sleep I gave up to play it, when my dad rented a Saturn from Blockbuster.Way back when blockbuster actually rented out consoles.

Nights, and Virtua Cop were fun stuff. I'd love to be able to run through those games with a free Saturn.

I spent countless hours playing NiGHTS...such a classic.

NiGHTS complemented by Virtua Cop and Daytona = Gaming bliss.

[quote name='blueaurora']Memories of Nights into Dreams and Daaaaaaaaytoooooooooonaa! Spring to mind. I am still bitter of Sega's defeat that generation. I bet my money on the wrong horse. I got in when they offered the 3 free games. Daytona USA, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter 2 if I am not mistaken.

Virtua Cop was a Fav.[/quote]

Ahhhh i remember that deal, my brother's came with that when he got it for christmas.

My favorite game on the saturn was most deffinitely Dark Savior (spiritual sequel to Landstalker for the Genesis by Climax entertainment). That game was incredible. Depending on how fast you beat the opening sequence, it changed the entire outcome of the game- You're a bounty hunter and start off on this ship thats transporting this super-villan creature thing to this island to be executed but he escapes and you have to make it to the captains room before he does. I think there was like 7 different ways you could play the game depending on how fast you did that part, like you could get there before he does and kill him, or if youre too slow then he kills the captain and escapes loose on the island, or even if you get to him you can die and then you play in this like alternate universe and its like a boss mode.

yeah, anyway, i guess I got carried away. but the game is awesome. damn impossible though, I played it on an emulator a while ago and I can't even imagine playing it without save states.

So yeah, that game and Die-hard arcade, of course are the best

I'd love to have one - Have Resident Evil for it but no system to play it on. And then would have to track down Panzer Dragoon Saga and see just how good it really is. And Nights and WSB and a few other games.

I'd love to have a Saturn. It's the one classic system that a friend of mine does not have, because he can't find a working one at a decent price. I'd probably have to give it to him.

There are a bunch of games that I've enjoyed the sequels to that I haven't been able to play the originals on the Saturn. But I think I'd most want to play Nights Into Dreams before the new Wii game comes out.

Before Xbox Live and the Dreamcast, the Saturn was the first console to go online...there's a very good internet browser for the Netlink, and 5 games support direct connect play.

As for games, every Saturn owner should check out Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Saturn Bomberman, and Virtua Fighter 2. I believe Virtua Fighter 2 is the first (and still only) Sega published game to break the 1 million copies sold mark in Japan.

As much as I love my Dreamcast, Xbox, and Xbox 360, I have to rate the Saturn as my favorite system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back