Contest (CAG Foreplay #31): Win Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myron Reducto, why? Two words: SHRINK GUN! More words: Hello. mail bomb. Assassination. Fertilizer. Same-sex marriages. Patagonia. NADER FOR PRESIDENT.

Satan, in the book of Job, the original 'adversary.' He's not an evil guy, just trying to call God out on some likely bullshit. Good stuff.

My favorite fictional lawyer would have to be Romo Lampkin of the Battlestar Galactica universe. He's a very shifty fellow and has a very entertaining accent.

321px-Romo_Lampkin.jpg

Image:Romo_Lampkin.jpg
Image:Romo_Lampkin.jpg

Gordon Bombay from the Mighty Ducks movies. He looked out for the kids in the movie (especially in D3). Also, who knows a lawyer that plays hockey?

I like Matlock, because not only did he prove his client innocent, but he also found the guilty person and solved the entire crime. Matlock even had some undercover operatives working for him.

Vinny Gambini from the movie "My Cousin Vinny". If a Phoenix Wright based My Cousin Vinny game came out, I'd be first and only in line. He's so cool that he doesn't even need to say "Objection".

For me its gotta be Vincent Gambini from the Classic movie My Cousin Vinny. I say him because of the artful way he picked all the witnesses apart during each of there testimony.

*edit* I didnt read the previous posts. D:

Vincent ‘Vinny’ LaGuardia Gambini, hes the best worst lawyer ever. Incompetent but he got the job done.

Also Hyperchicken and Old Man Waterfall from Futurama.

I think that I'm going to have to go with Phoenix Wright. I love his delivery in his trials and the fact that he can't win a darn case without me. Sometimes, not even with me! :)

Didja Get that Entry I sent ya?

Peter Potamus (Harvey Birdman), cause he's always on top of pressing matters...as far as inter office mail is concerned.

second choice would've been ally McBeal...cause she's a single female lawyer.

I took a whole 3 seconds to think...Vincent Gambini! Joe Pesci played as him in my cousin Vinny!

Why?!? Cause he was the man! Got the job done, and fasionably done as well I may add. AND! His girlfriend was insanely hot!

I love Harvey Bird Man. He has an amazing show opener. And it's good to see the failed superhero, failed talk show host, FINALLY land on his feet and defending the likes of Scooby-Doo, Secret Squirrel, Boo Boo, and Fred Flinstone.

Since Lionel Hutz has been named many times, I'll have to go with Futurama's Single Female Lawyer!

Or Paul Biegler from Anatomy of a Murder (played by Jimmy Stewart). The scene with him playing the judge as a "humble country lawyer" always gets me.

Gotta be the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from Saturday Night Live. I can imagine him playing the DS in the courtroom as the verdict is read...

I was going to say Lionel Hutz as well, but now that I've been reminded, Maggie Lizer from Arrested development was awesome. Definitely my favorite eps of arrested development, though I've only seen the first season so far

[quote name='Omex']I was going to say Lionel Hutz as well, but now that I've been reminded, Maggie Lizer from Arrested development was awesome. Definitely my favorite eps of arrested development, though I've only seen the first season so far[/quote]

Really though, Bob loblaw....Yeah, great episode, but ill say Lionel Huntz is pretty fab too

id have to say, its phoenix wright or von karma (the old dude, not the chick with the whip). or maybe mr. jaggers from charles dickens' Great Expectations

While Johnnie Cochran is definitely not fictional, his appearance on South Park prosecuting and then defending Chef over "Stinky Britches" with the famed "Chewbacca Defense" was an instant classic.

Transcript:

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: (pulling down a diagram of Chewie) this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! (jury looks shocked)

Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this case? (calmly) Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Later in that same episode, Cochran has a change of heart and defends Chef when Chef sues the record company. Again, he uses the Chewbacca Defense, although with some minor changes:

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, you must now decided whether to reverse the decision for my client Chef. I know he seems guilty, but ladies and gentlemen... (pulling down a diagram of Chewbacca) This is Chewbacca. Now think about that for one moment -- that does not make sense. Why am I talking about Chewbacca when a man's life is on the line? Why? I'll tell you why: I don't know.

It does not make sense. If Chewbacca does not make sense, you must acquit!

(pulling a monkey out of his pocket) Here, look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey! (one of the juror's heads explodes)

Eventually, Chef wins the case and all is well.

As much as I'd love to be all smart and choose some obscure lawyer character, you really can't do any better than Phoenix Wright himself. If you've played it, you already know why anyone would choose him. If not... well, there shouldn't be anyone reading this who hasn't. (If so, you're a CAG, what are you waiting for, an invitation on a silver platter?)

~Justme8800

Jackie Chiles is without doubt the best fake lawyer ever
JackieChiles.jpg

Image:JackieChiles.jpg

Jackie Chiles: You fool. You're having her try the bra on over a leotard. Of course the bra isn't going to fit on over a leotard. A bra's got to go up against the skin. Like a glove.

I dont know many fictional lawyers, so I'm going to have to say Von Karma (forget her actual name) from Phoenix Wright 2. Just because she looks cool :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back