Contest (CAG Foreplay #61): Win DSi Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying one for my GF because that color blue is her favorite color. I'm happy with my lite though...

I'm not going to buy one. I already have a real camera and a camera phone and $170 is not worth it. If Nintendo made DSi ware BC, I'd buy it for my Lite. Or if they gave me full DS Lite functionality w/GBA slot, then I might've considered it for $160, but otherwise no.

I may consider buying one, but a few things would need to happen first.

1. The price would need to drop to $130 or below
2. The store would need to prove to be worthwhile

Otherwise I see no worthwhile improvement over the existing DS Lite.

I want to get a DSi, just not right away. My biggest problem is that I don't have enough money right now. The other thing is, I want to know is if you'll be able to connect your wii shop acount with your DSi shop account. I would hate to have to add points to both accounts seperately just to buy games. It would be much more simple to just have one account for both systems. I went to a DSi event as well, in Denver, but the employees at the gamestop couldn't answer that question either. I did enjoy the DSi. I got to play it for like 30 mins or so. Rythm Heaven is great by the way. I think that the best thing is the improvment of the menu & the little things like being able to go from in game back to the DSi menu without turning it off. But once I get more money & the DSi has been more established then I will for sure buy it.

Nah, I'm happy with my Black Pokemon DS Lite. I guess long term, maybe - but it doesn't seem like we can be that far from a DS 2 or whatever, which I would guess will have the same capabilities and more.

Yes, I just dropped O.G. DS in water and i'm afraid to turn it on. So, yeah, I'll be upgrading sometime soon.

I plan on getting one as soon as cash flow increases. My DS Original right button is going out and I am finally done playing through my GBA stash I bought at a yard sale two years ago.

if DSi only software comes out, then ill bite.... if not, then i'll probably stick with that i have, DSware doesnt really interest me enough to make the jump

Voted yes because I've been meaning to upgrade from my original DS. Never got a lite, so now's a perfect chance.

I voted no. At least for now, there's no reason for me to spend the extra money. I heard that they could introduce a virtual console for the DSi that sells Gameboy, GBC, and GBA games. If they release that in the US and make Pokemon Crystal available, I'll buy it.

I voted yes, as eventually, barring the release of a successor, I will likely pick up a DSi to replace my original DS. And my view on the situation is that there isn't as much incentive for someone with a Lite to upgrade until the hybrid and DSi-exclusive carts come out, but someone with a "Phat" may have a bit more to consider, especially when considering the smaller things that the DSi is supposed to improve over the Lite (Slightly more "clicky" d-pad, hot-swapping, in-game brightness controls, on-screen battery indicator, slightly bigger stylus).

Last edited by a moderator:
Like a few of the other people who voted "yes" on the poll, I'm really waiting to see what the DSiware is like. If it turns out like Wiiware, and there are only a few games worth buying, I might just skip out on the DSi.

Or if any homebrew can run off the SD card slot, that'll help my purchase, too.

While the extra features are interesting, they're not enough to justify it's high price point in NZ (even after trading in my DS Lite).

Its possible I might pick one up at sometime. My 5 year old _really_ wants a ds, so at some point I may giver her my old lite, and get me a new dsi. But I think the 2 colors are gross, and it this point, its not too big of a deal sharing the ds between the two of us. Time will tell.

Voted no because of the GBA slot. Gouging consumers to buy GBA games again as DLC is just really, really stupid.

I plan on getting a DSi sometime in the next six months. Mainly because I like the new features and the L-shoulder button on my DS lite is broken, making me switch to a DS with a broken screen to upgrade in Henry Hatsworth.

I voted no for now. I think I'll wait for a few good download games to come out before I bite the bullet.

I've already bought 3 DS's. A Phat when that was released, a Lite for the missus when that was released, and a second Lite when the wife dropped her first one.

So there's going to have to be something earth-shatteringly amazing about the DSi for me to pay up a 4th time.

I voted no because I do not have the money right now

I bought a DS at launch so I still have the old school model and need the upgrade...but I do wanna play some GBA games.

I voted yes--I traded my DS Lite at Gamecrazy for $90 towards the $170 price of the DSi. I don't see Nintendo dropping prices (they haven't on the DS Lite, which I bought a couple of weeks before launch at a Target that broke street date. I figured it was $130 at launch and I used it for 22 months, so I got my money's worth out of it. Really I only paid the $40 differential between the DS lite's retail price, and the extra $40 toward the DSi's retail price for a total of $80+$8 tax. I saved the tax on the $90 trade in as where I live tax isn't charged on trade-ins.

Anyway, I have had it for ~2 weeks now and am really enjoying it. The bigger screen makes a big difference. I like that the firmware is upgradable. Let's hope that they can come up with a way to use the new wireless system on old DS games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back