Contest (CAGcast #122) Win 1 of 3 1600 Microsoft Point Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably buy bionic commando rearmed and happy tree friends false alarm; either that or use the points to buy the (good) games that will be delisted :)

I'd also spend a whopping 80 MS points to have lunch with wombat, assuming he pays for the food =D

I would buy Bionic Commando, Doom and maybe Contra. If you want to know what I'd like to see on XBLA, check out my "Xbox Live Arcade: Most Wanted" blog post HERE. Yeah I know its on Gamespot but I'm still a noob here at CAG. I'm really looking forward to CAG 2.0 and the ability to post blog posts. (Note that I recorded all that game footage myself, it took a long, long time). My number 1 most wanted game is easily X-Men: the Arcade Game.

If MS would stop locking down points to regions, I think I'd download 5% of the outfits available for THE iDOLM@STER. Choosing which will be the hard part.

I would definitely buy Bionic Commando Rearmed and save the rest for the eventual release of Fez. Or possibly Happy Tree Friends though my judgement is reserved until I play the demo as to whether the gruesome deaths of numerous small furry animals makes for a compelling game (it certainly sounds as if it would be bigger tragedies have happened.)

[quote name='bardiya27']Well I would use the 1600 points on the Guitar Hero 2 DLC that included the Guitar Hero 1 tracks!

And spent the rest on gamerpics.[/QUOTE]

You'd need more then 1600 points. I only bought the first 3 out of the 5 packs -- and that cost me 1500.

I think I would pick up one of my fav. games for the original xbox that is now available for download on live...Indigo Prophecy!

I would buy a bunch of Rock Band DLC, and hopefully have some points left over for the future GTA IV content.

I'd buy the Pixies album Doolittle for Rock Band when it comes out on the 24th.

Apparently the album is going to be 1520 space bucks, but I only have somewhere around 1200. I'd buy the points myself, but being a stupid kid with no job I have no money to buy it with. I did have 100 dollars, but I'm going to have to spend that on a new Rock Band drum controller and a 2 year replacement plan because my other one just broke. I'd return the kit through EA again, but they just instituted a new 60 day warranty policy so it's now impossible for me to return it. So in conclusion I will be broke with no Pixies album if you don't help me!

I'd use the points on the Penny Arcade game.

I like PA a lot, but there is NO WAY in fucking hell I'm dropping $20 on an XBL game - a game is only the first chapter, to boot.

Mind you, I own all the .Hack games. That was about $200 for the first four and $150 for the last three. At least I have the physical media that I can take to a different PS2, in case one of mine breaks. (Plus, the first four came with bonus DVDs with the Limitality anime.) When, not if, my 360 breaks again (for good), will I have problems downloading/ transfering the game to my new 360? Who knows? Microsoft surely fucking doesn't, judging by all the DRM protection people (including the Ships) have had.

I considered getting in on the Target $15 XBL points card just for the PA game. I'd do 25% off for a regular game, but $15 is still a lot for one downloaded game - especially for the first of a series.

I absolutely refuse to give one dime out of my own pocket to fund this ass-raping. "Complete digital downloading is the future of gaming" - well, the future can lick my balls, because if this succeeds, I can see this turning into a trend once the retailers can be done away with.

Yes, I know I'm ranting, but that is just an expression of my torn opinion. I would really like the game, but I hate/ fear the business model. My peace of mind can only be returned if I won one of the points cards. I rationalize this by believing that Microsoft supplied the cards, so therefor, they are not only paying for the game, but it is a better compensation than a 1-month free XBL card that I received the last time I sent my 360 in for a RRoD.

I would use them to take wombats wife out on an amazinggg datee but i guess if they wouldnt accept microsoft points i would buy penny arcade and the sumtim sumtin of death

I would buy all those decks for Texas Hold'em and Uno that I refuse to buy because I'm to cheap. But if they were free I would take them since they are not necessary to enjoy the game but would be nice to have. Beside they should have been free anyway.

I would use the points to buy "Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3," and no, not just for the Street Fighter beta access. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back