Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

Castle Crashers is my favorite. Mainly because it's such a great oldschool style brawler that I can play online with my brothers, and the multitude of characters and rpg elements add a good amount of replay value.

Castle Crashers.

Hours and Hours of fun with your friends. "Nuff said.

...Puzzle Fighter is a runner up...only because I like puzzle games like that. :D

[quote name='joshingit']Contest # 2. Lacks originality, I know.

How to Enter: Post your favorite XBLA title, along with why.
Restrictions : One entry per person.
Ends : Randomly selected Sunday, Oct 12, 2008

What you'll get:
-1600 MS points card
-ONE new in box Castle Crashers Knight - It might be blue...it might not. :)[/QUOTE]

My favorite XBLA game (as of now) is definitely Go! Go! Break Steady!. When I first played this at GDC08, I fell in love instantly. It was the closest thing to Bust A Groove on PSX (another huge favorite of mine), and combined with the Zuma part, it was like 2 games in on. If I could improve on it I'd love a versus type mode where you can attack the opponent with moves, and a way to dodge. I just really love it, and it's a shame there were literally nobody online when it came out, I could never find a game for it. I eventually had to boost the online achievements with someone. The only achievement I have left is the offline co-op one, and I doubt I will be able to find another person to help. I may have to attempt to use two controllers at once. I'm s0 hardc0re.

Runner-ups:

Puzzle Quest
Castle Crashers

Awesome contest thanks alot,

My favorite is definetly castle crashers, best beat em up ive played (Close with TMNT arcade). I love the boss levels the most, there pretty creative.

My favorite XBLA game is Pac-Man: CE. I loved Pac-Man in the first place and the remix of a game I enjoyed as a kid is even better. It defines the 'arcade' in Xbox Live Arcade and it has been something I've gone back to playing every once in awhile.

Braid, for the overall experience. It's challenging, looks good, plays well, and has a surprising amount of depth to the storyline.

My favorite XBLA game is TMNT! It's a blast from the past. Im a huge fan, so I can't help it being my favorite. Right underneath is Fable 2 PG though.

My favorite XBLA has to be Castle Crashers. Knowing how hard the developers have worked on it to be as flawless as can be (nothings perfect),it sure damn is close to it. 4 player Co-Op,Local or Online,RPG Elements, and pretty good graphics make this game a no brainer for $15,1200 MS Points.One of the things I actually like is the minigame eating contest and how we all have to fight for the Princesses' kiss in multiplayer.

oh boy oh boy I hope it's blue
>_>
Anyway, my favorite XBLA game thus far is Bionic Commando Rearmed. It feels like a complete video game. The graphics and sound are spectacular, and grabbing from ledge to ledge is rarely more fun. Some bits of the "story" were pretty funny as well. At a $10 price, it's undoubtedly, in my mind, the best deal on XBLA.

My favorite XBLA game has to be Duke Nukem 3D, because it is my favorite remake of a good old game, and i've been waiting for a game just like it

my favorite XBLA game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the arcade game. It's fun and brings back memories . It's a short game but a fun time with friends.

my favorite is Castle Crashers cuz its like the only one I have, but I really like the multi and the story is pretty fun

I'd have to say Castlevania: Symphony of Night, It was a great game 10 years ago and is still a great game now.

Bomberman LIVE, everything about Bomberman just screams fun. And the XBLA version has customization and in depth features while still having that pick up and play mechanic that made the original Bomberman games good.

Ikaruga. Because I'm a hardcore vertical shooter fan, and ikaruga is one of the best ever.

I think it's amazing that it got published on Live Arcade, and was happy to buy it.

In regards to Castle Crashers - I would love to win this game. My workmates speak very highly of it.

RezHD played it on the DC, and was as good or better than I remembered when I played it again on xbl arcade. RIP Dreamcast.

My favorite XBLA game is clearly N+. It is an ultra simplistic platformer-puzzle game that challenges the mind and provides countless hours of pure fun (or pain, depending on how good the player is :)). Features such as a comprehensive Level Creator, Race, Survivial, and full Coop modes only make the game that much better. I implore anybody who hasn't heard of the game to at least download the demo to get a feel of what the game is all about.

My favorite live arcade game would have to be TMNT the arcade game. I come from a time and generation when cartoons were still cartoons no cgi stuff. They hey day of saturday morning cartoons as i like to think of it. This title was big time in teh arcade at the mall. Now the games at home are way better than arcade ever dreamed of and well really the turtle game just reminds me of a better time and place.

How to Enter: Post your favorite XBLA title, along with why.
Favorite XBLA title: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Why?: I grew up playing mortal kombat on the super nintendo, It was my first game. I grew very much On it and got very good at umk3. When it came to xbox I couldnt beleive it. I Could now play this game online with people and I'll always have someone to play with, Koolio. All the nostalgia (the music and characters) and goodtimes. man this game has alot of sentimental value to me, and that is why this is my fav XBLA title.:)

TMNT Arcade

I wasn't a huge fan until I picked up an arcade/fighting stick and then it was a total blast to play just like the old days.

Carcassonne. I had loads of fun getting the 200 gamer score in it. The strategy and luck that went into the game made it fun. I loved beating noobs left and right.

Puzzle Quest for me. I had it on DS and love playing it even more on the big screen. Its Bejeweled on CRACK!

geometry wars 2. its got that can't put it down factor.

seeing carcassone on here makes me think i should try playing that online more though.

My favorite XBLA game is Rez HD, I heard about all the great reviews and didn't think it'd be fun. However I got bored and decided to fill up my harddrive with games. I tried it and I was imminently hooked. It was the first game I bought on XBLA and my favorite. In fact, I played it almost 24 hours straight during spring break. I even RRoD'd both of my xbox's playing that game! I don't think I got this obsessive over a game since Resident Evil 4(I've beaten it multiple times on each system its been on.) In my opinion Rez HD is THE BEST game on XBLA, better than Braid, better than Castle Crashers. I think it is one of the few games I will continue playing for years to come.

Ikaruga- addicting classic arcade fun with a unique twist and modern flash. Beats the hell out of paying an arm and a leg for the Gamecube version, as well.

May be stereotypical, but Castle Crashers. I just love the Behemoth.

Also, I really, really, want that figure. Just sayin'.

castle crashers. aside from lacking levels the game is flawless. great gameplay and co-op, excellent music, excellent visual design, tons-o-fun. it will live on as one of my favorite beat 'em up's.

bread's done
Back