Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

Castle Crashers is my favorite one without a doubt. It makes for some truly awesome multiplayer games with friends that takes very little time to explain (the way games should be).

My favorite XBLA game has to be Geometry Wars 1, the simple yet addicting gameplay along with retro music creates a game which makes an intended ten minute playing session to a three hour playfest. In my opinion it is the only XBLA game that is worth the money.

Geometry Wars 2, definitely. This game was great with just the first one, an old classic-style game but in HD, then the second one came out and added multiplayer and 6 different modes=AMAZING! Pacifism is the best!

I have so many favorites, but if I had to pick only one, it would be CastleVania: Symphony of the Night. My favorite CastleVania game of all time! Even after exploring the castle to 200.6%, I still like going back and picking up rare items and maxing out the familiars. The art style of the game is outstanding!

Lately, I've been seriously addicted to Gin Rummy, playing it hours on end. I think I may grow tired of it soon though since the online community for it is growing thin.

My favorite XBLA game is probably Geometry Wars 2 because of all the fun gameplay, good music, and different game modes. The different modes are great since there's always something fun to play depending on how you want to play.

mega man 9 is a pretty solid title that has been taking all of mine time recently. I love the challenge of the game and the retro styling which more companies need to taken an example of. the old school soundtrack reminds you of the badass titles that were on the NES and genesis.

My fav used to be the Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved but Castle Crashers has surpassed it. Playing with 4 friends is a blast, the animation is great and creative, and the story is funny and compelling at the same time. Its s steal for $15.

I'm torn between two titles, Bionic Commando and Braid. The reason behind BC is it's a top notch revamp on one of the best classic titles. As for Braid I'm impressed with the whole package; stylized graphics, platforming/puzzles, music, and originality. Thanks for the contest OP and good luck to you all.:D

I love Carcassonne. A wonderful translation of a board game- simple yet extremely deep. Braid and Worms would be my runners up. Though Braid is only a runner up because I haven't played the full version yet.

Without a doubt for me it's Bionic Commando: Rearmed... I just really enjoyed that series back in the day and it's the same today.. can't wait to see it's newest addition to the series (non-arcade)... Heck any of those oldies but goodies standout; ie. Frogger, PacMan, etc.

Golden Axe...... takes me back to my days of dropping $10 in quarters just because i wanted to see the final boss......plus i still love playing it with friends and doubling up on magic attacks creating (imo) some of the coolest effects in a game from the 80's!

Castle Crashers because its good fro single player but better whit multiplayer when your playing with friends competing to level up first or for items and after you beaten it once u get new characters that you wanna see their maxed out skills and theres also the extra modes like where u battle each other with bows, brawling, that eating contest where u button mash and that mode where u grab a chicken and battle in giant forms.

Geometry Wars 2 - First one is what got me loving XBLA games, and the sequel is more of the same addicting game play, love it!

My favorite Xbox Live game would have to be Puzzle Quest. I was hooked right away when I bought that game, and played it constantly. It's still easy to lose hours every time I fire it up.

Rez, it's so easy to play and the music is nice to bop along to. My second fave is TMNT Arcade...no real reason. I just dropped so many quarters into that game when I was kid, still nice game to kill time with. (Where the hell is Sunset Riders?? That was another good game I played as a kid).

Bionic Commando: Rearmed because, hopefully, it will spawn a whole batch of 3D/HD-upgraded old-school games. Was it perfect? No, but it was damn good for $10.

My favorite arcade game is R4. That game is sooo fun and I'm ranked 99th in the world with 700+ Trillion points. I can literally go on forever in that game the music is really good and its awesome how you can upload your own music in there, as the game goes on it gets more intense. Its just plain amazing IMO, and by the way, took me 8 hours to get to 700 Trillion.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3! It brings me back to when we were littler playing Mortal Kombat and it still is a really fun game to play!

My favorite XBLA games was Geo1 because of how it made me feel like I was
at my old arcade playing the same game(different name,can't remmber).

i would have to say worms. I used to play the n64 and pc versions when i was younger for hours and i had tons of fun. Worms on XBLA brings back the memories, and its just plain fun. Plus, multiplayer on live is fast, easy, and fun

Bionic Commando. I love how much work went into that game, how old-school it feels, and it has built in speed runs that rank you against the rest of the world. If you don't own this game, go and buy it now.

castle crashers.

it reminds me of the old side scroller beat em ups but with great humor and pretty decent replayability.

My favorite is Super Puzzle Fighter HD because now I can finally play against the whole country instead of the local people in the arcade.

Duke Nukem 3D, if only because it takes me back to those carefree days when I actually had enough free time to play it. It's the nostalgia factor. And the cheesy, macho (macheesmo?) one-liners.

Braid...

One of the best games I have played in a long time. Amazing production, art, gameplay, music, and level design. A fresh take on 2D platforming. I loved every minute of it.

My favorite Xbox Live Arcade game has to be N+. I spent so much time going through all the single player, and I can never get enough of playing the co-op stages with friends. Such a good game, even though its hard as hell.

I have been looking into getting the extra levels. Wonder how good they are...

Favorite is Castle Crashers. I'm usually not a huge fan of XBL games, but I really got into this one. It reminds of the good ol'days when Newgrounds was still cool.

I'd have to say my favorite game is Braid because it surprised me by how complicated yete simple it was. I didn't expect an arcade game to have me thinking about it so much from gaining alll the achievements to then find out there was even more to do by grabbing the secret stars.I beat it and that was game enough but then you i find out about the stars it was like they gave me two games.

Favorite XBLA game... probably TMNT, the only reason I don't play it anymore is because there's never anybody who wants to do multiplayer, now only if Turtles in Time got released...

I'm gonna have to go with the classic Sonic and Sonic 2 because those games bring me back to playing on a dingy tv in the basement for hours but now they have a save feature so I can come back to it later lol.

I'm loving Duke Nukem. Brought back plenty of fond memories of playing it waaaay back when the graphics were still considered amazing!

Bionic Commando Rearmed - Fantastic retro remake, brilliant music, controls are perfect, and balls hard. Plus a huge value with tons of content for $10.

Castle Crashers is close though, we play through that very often in local multiplayer.

Braid.

The entire presentation of the game was just incredible, with a unique art style to complement its own unique gameplay mechanics. A lot of thought was put into the design of the levels and the "story", giving it production values that can match huge budget games.

My favorite Xbox Live Arcade game is N+. With great gameplay and multiplayer, with hundreds of new levels to buy, this game makes me go back even when I am frustrated with it. Highly Addicting.

Braid. A game that takes two rather overdone things, platforming and time manipulation, and manages to present them in a fresh way along with puzzles that actually make you feel smart when you figure them out.

bread's done
Back