Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

I would have to go with TMNT

Reason: Me my wife and my 4 yr old all enjoy playing it together. It brings us together as a family which I think video games should be about. Now when my 2 yr old gets a little older we can all enjoy it together

[quote name='bizmat']My favorite XBLA game is Rez HD. I have played this game on PS2, it was great back then and it's even better on the 360. I was so excited when I found out that the game was coming to the 360 and in HD. The game is a fun and addicting experience no one should miss.[/quote]

Agreed. It's a very close match-up for me between Rez HD and Mega Man 9, only because the only place to get Mega Man 9 is current-gen online systems, while you can get Rez from PS2 or DC. But, Rez HD is only available on XBL.

I vote Rez HD.

Gotta be Castle Crashers. The style and the music are just priceless. Does any other original arcade game even compare?

Either Braid or Lumines Live. Braid had amazing game play mechanics and a really interesting, yet ambiguous story, and Lumines is super addicting and simple fun.

Carcassonne. I love the board game, but rarely get together with my gaming group anymore, and my girlfriend isn't a boardgamer. With the XBLA port I can get my eurogaming fix (honorable mentions to Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan for the same reason, but Carcassonne is easier to play "one quick game")

my favorite game is
Geometry Wars

It's just one of those games I always go back too. Its simple fast and fun...

My favorite arcade game would have to be Marathon: Durandal. I'm not sure why, I haven't beaten it and the combat isn't anything incredible. It might have something to do with that feeling of a good ol' shooter that brings back a little nostalgia.

..or maybe that kick ass Survival mode.

I'm going with Geometry Wars 2. No matter what version or remake, its an addictive crack pipe. I have almost every form of GeoWars and I can not stop playing.

Castle Crashers

Why?:
It is pretty much the only XBLA Game that I played with all of my friends. I believe all of my friends have it.. and that rarely happens with us. So I got to give props to Castle Crasher for uniting my friends and I with at least one XBLA Game to play together and enjoy.

Thanks for the contest :applause:

Hmm I have to pick one huh lol. I really think Pac Man Championship Edition is my favorite. I grew up with Pac Man and this version is a great modern adaption plus highscores are addicting! Local Multiplayer like GW2 would be cool though.

Settlers of Catan - don't have the problem of finding players compared to real life.

& Castle Crashers - multi.

My favorite one is Uno, but castle crashers is a close second. Uno is a great game to play by yourself, and it reminds me of the good ol days with the actual physical cards that i used to play at my babysitters house.

Castle Crashers is awesome to play with a friend and I love the soundtrack!

My most favorite XBLA game would have to be only the one I've bought up to date with Microsoft Points, being Castle Crashers.

I tried the demo by myself, then got my brother into it.

Eventually, I had my sister try it out and she enjoyed it alot. So, with 3 votes for the game - I bought it and we played it all night long!!

Almost beat the game in one setting before everyone got tired. ;)

Castle Crashers is fav.

It's basically like TMNT but looks better and is hilarious. RPG elements are a plus. Co-op is awesome.

My favorite XBOX live arcade game is Braid. I love its combination of platforming, time manipulation, and puzzles.

Also October 12th is my birthday and I'll be turning 21. So yeah, this would make an awesome birthday present.

Although I haven't played it in live yet I have to say Megaman 9, played it on my Wii and love it, If I win I will probably buy it so I can try those insane achievements

Castle Crashers kept my roommates and I more entertained for a longer time than many of the retail games we've bought in the past. It sets the bar for any future multiplayer XBLA titles.

My favorite is Bomberman Live, tons of power ups keep it interesting, 8 player matches get crazy but are a lot of fun.

Space Giraffe is my favorite XBLA title. The gameplay is deceptively deep if you care about anything more than just grinding through the levels to get to the end and want to actually score well in doing so. For an arcade game it's got incredibly long legs / replay value as a result, not to mention the obvious trippiness factor that many people can't see past (though that's mainly because they didn't have the patience to figure it out and just deleted the demo after trying it for 30 seconds). ;) That it's only 400 points should be the final bullet-point in favor of being a CAG'er essential purchase IMO. :p

Castle Crashers. Bringing back the sidescroller and having a kick ass soundtrack to go with it. Not to mention all the hidden weapons/pets. For the first time ever me and my friends were interested. Good ol' fun.

Favorite xbl title.... there are many. When the 360 came out Geowars was where it was at...but now in the long run it's got to be Marble Blast Ultra. Not even THAT great of a game. But I wasted away so much time on it. And playing with mates gave us some good times too.

For me it has to be Double Dragon. Simply because it brings back so many fond memories of watching my brother and cousin drop more than 20 bucks into the machine trying to beat each other when they had to fight one another at the end. The slew of cursing and insults was better than T.V., plus when either one needed a refill on tokens they send me and I got to keep a percentage of what I got. :roll:

My favorite XBLA game is Bionic Commando. Its a great game from my past (I actually traded Contra for it with a friend), and the redone graphics are just incredible.

favorite game would have to be marathon

im a big bungie fan, and the multiplayer in that game is amazing

My favorite XBLA game is either Castle Crashers or Ikaruga. (I figured I could include that) Ikaruga is just so damn hard! Special mention for it at least.

bread's done
Back