CONTEST: MLG Pro & CAG give away Xbox/PS2 games and E3 swag!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
You may remember the infamous Sundance who was kind enough to get me a few appearances on ESPN's Cold Pizza TV program...

Sundance works for MLG Pro, which is a big time gaming league which is giving away $250,000 in prizes this year.

Not only was he nice enough to get my ugly mug on TV, but he also put together a little contest for the CAGs...

CAG users who register for the MLG Forums and send Sundance a PM with "CheapyD sent me" in the subject line are automatically entered in a drawing to win an upcoming release for Xbox or PS2 plus an assortment of official E3 booth swag (including but not limited to: booth babe pics, soundtracks from games, flashing pens, magnets, gum, breath mints and so on)

Hmm...I'm not interested in pro gaming, but I may enter; I've been having good luck in contests lately (Area 51 here, lotteries elsewhere, etc). Thanks, Cheapy. :)

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']thanks Cheapy! do we have to put anything in the actual message? or just that in the subject line?[/QUOTE]Nah, but feel free to get creative!

[quote name='evilmax17']I wish they made E3 swag packs to sell to the public. I wouldn't mind dropping $50 for a box full of stuff.[/QUOTE]
Keep an eye on eBay in the weeks and months (and anytime of the year, really) following E3. Some people sell their E3 junk there.

i signed up and entered but did anyone check out the forums? Thats the biggest group of 14 year old punks i've seen in a while.

[quote name='$hady']i signed up and entered but did anyone check out the forums? Thats the biggest group of 14 year old punks i've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

That's likely because it's a community in search of a voice.
By and large, almost all videogame websites come off as piles of whiny 14 year old punks. If you have some users that are more entertaining to read, have more intelligent things to say, or hold the boards to a higher standard, things can change.

There were times, such as the mass influx after the EGM article, that the CAG boards read like that as well, but CheapyD, the mods, and a couple of posters reigned in the crowd, and made it clear what would be accepted and what would not, be it through bans, moddings, or a good old fashion flaming or owning at the hands of elder poster.

Of course, adding in the spirit of competition doesn't help, as rather than a core group of people working towards a community feel, you'd be likely to develop a core group of elitists, claim the greatness of thier skills and making brash claims about how they control all that goes on on the boards. Rather than fostering a symbotic relationship such as CAG does (the more people contribute deals, the more and better deals they recieve), a "gaming league" could easily foster antagonistic feelings amongst it's membership... especially before tournements and other such activities.

[quote name='JSweeney']That's likely because it's a community in search of a voice.
By and large, almost all videogame websites come off as piles of whiny 14 year old punks. If you have some users that are more entertaining to read, have more intelligent things to say, or hold the boards to a higher standard, things can change.

There were times, such as the mass influx after the EGM article, that the CAG boards read like that as well, but CheapyD, the mods, and a couple of posters reigned in the crowd, and made it clear what would be accepted and what would not, be it through bans, moddings, or a good old fashion flaming or owning at the hands of elder poster.

Of course, adding in the spirit of competition doesn't help, as rather than a core group of people working towards a community feel, you'd be likely to develop a core group of elitists, claim the greatness of thier skills and making brash claims about how they control all that goes on on the boards. Rather than fostering a symbotic relationship such as CAG does (the more people contribute deals, the more and better deals they recieve), a "gaming league" could easily foster antagonistic feelings amongst it's membership... especially before tournements and other such activities.[/QUOTE]

Have fun over there then. :pray:

:lol:

[quote name='$hady']Have fun over there then. :pray:

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Eh, it sounds like it would be more your speed. ;)

Hmm. I guess I'm supposed to include my name and address in the PM? That way they know where to send my cool stuff cause I'm gonna win!!!!!!!!!

Ending this contest tonight...last chance

Sundance gave me the heads up on some of the prizes...good shit...not your typical shwag...not by a longshot.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ending this contest tonight...last chance

Sundance gave me the heads up on some of the prizes...good shit...not your typical shwag...not by a longshot.[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome to hear. Good luck to everyone.

and the winner is...

onetrackmind.

onetrack will be receiving
A set of Skullcandy Link headphones ($89.99)
A Plantronics Xbox headset. ($20 something)
A bunch of random and cool E3 swag (priceless)

plus
A copy of Jade Empire for Xbox.
A copy of The Getaway for PS2
A copy of F-Zero GX for the Gamecube.

Onetrack - please send me your mailing info so that I can get this stuff out to you.

Thanks to everyone who entered and of course thanks to Cheapy D.

-sd

bread's done
Back