Contest Over, PM winners and then closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arakias

CAGiversary!
Feedback
116 (100%)
See Title.

Win either a 360 Dem Bones or Sgt Johnson Code. SIMPLE!

Ok,so I have two 360 codes that I want to give away:
Prize 1 - Xbox 360 Batman Arkham Asylum code (it is on the sticker but you only get it via pm/email not snail mail)
Prize 2 - Xbox 360 Sgt Johnson code (emailed from Amazon so it will be pm/emailed to you)

RULES:
1) Go make a comment over at Popmatters.com on ONE of the following articles/reviews AFTER actually reading it and having something fairly insightful to say (i.e. a valid useful comment).
Valid list of shows to comment on follows (and is limited to newer reviews because I wont have time to look over comments on too many more pages)
Electric Zoo Festival: 5-6 September 2009-Randall's Island, NY
Moby - Philadelphia 20th Sep
Nine Inch Nails: 26 August 2009 - New York
Animal Collective: 14 August 2009 - Brooklyn, NY
Phoenix: 23 September 2009 - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
Bebel Gilberto - Sept NYC
The Dø: 27 Sept. 2009 - Empty Bottle, Chicago

Bouncing Souls: 27 September 2009 - Opera House, Toronto

Built to Spill: 26 Sept. 2009 - Vic Theatre, Chicago

2) Come back here and post the name of the Artist/Event you commented on, your comment (copy and paste is easiest) and if you did NOT use the same alias as you did here when commenting there either PM me with the alias or post it so I can verify afterwards.

* CONTEST ENDS MONDAY OCT 12th at 12 NOON EST anyone who hasnt posted their comment back here before that time will be ineligible.
* 1st PRIZE WINNER will be SELECTED at RANDOM from all the VALID ENTRIES (see below for definition of valid) and will be given first choice of code.
* 2nd place winner will be selected afterwards from all remaining eligible entries and automatically get the remaining code.

FINE PRINT:
* I am the judge! Comments will be considered valid or invalid by me.
* 1 entry per person / CAG username though more comments cant hurt.
* If your account is listed as Member Since Oct 2009, you are automatically ineligible
* Random selection of eligible entries will be made via random number generator and a spreadsheet list of all the names.
* Prizes are likely to be awarded on MONDAY OCT 12th sometime but you will get them. CONTEST ends earlier to give me time to sort if things go crazy.
IDEA AND KEY POINT If your comment is rather insipid or useless, I will deem it not worthy. Since this is only me involved in the "judging" I know there could be bias, so just try your best. I dont know how many people will enter but there is a cutoff time.
It could help if you KNOW something about the artist/genre of music you are commenting on but its not necessary. Just go in and read about the show and say, hey it sounds good because of X (x being an example in the review) or thats a cool photo of X (X being a photo of a musician and you described what he is doing). You could also be critical and say I didnt like article/photo because ____________ but thats up to you. It wont disqualify you or anything but people are always looking for + feedback or constructive criticism of the writing as well.

Above this is original post/first draft - did I forget anything?
If so new comments/corrections/adjustments will be below here.
GOOD LUCK!
-------------------------------
edit 1: I dont know if its easy to copy and paste your comment because if it is submitted it might not show up right away, so dont worry about posting it, at least come here and post the show/event name (doesnt have to be link back to it but I dont care) and again if your name there is not the same here, make sure to post that as well (if you want your alias/name private you can PM it to me but mention that).
edit 2: Slight changes, "contest" extended to Monday the 12th. It will be the one and only extension because I am working on schoolwork and not interested in doing more than "bumping" this over the weekend. Also, the 1st pick winner will get the option to choose which code he/she would like. Afterwards, the 2nd place person will get the remaining code. Due to some time difference in picking/asking the winner and giving of code, 2nd place might take a bit longer to get code prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool yeah I forgot that it might not post your comment right away, so I guess you dont need to copy them over. thanks and so far one entry, so just one person can win right? I know my prizes aint too hot but maybe I can find alternatives, will see.

if i happen to win 1st place, could u pm me the sgt johnson code instead since thats more useful for me?

i posted one up a few seconds ago, doesnt show it yet. My name is James Bell from long island ny, and i wrote under NIN terminal 5 8-26-09.

I’ve never tried to deceifer any meaning in their music, I took it for what it was worth and loved it since. The night was amazing, felt like the set list was never going to end. I personally didn’t understand what people were talking about when they said Terminal 5 had a horrible sound system, because I heard everything that night. Personally highlights for me would be “wish”, “burn”, “gave up”, and “down in it.” The only negatives I came came across were young kids standing still looking like they want to do something but are too afraid to, and the lack of a real moshpit for some venting to great tunes. On a side note I was thrilled that they didn’t play “closer” because everyone knows the song, and I really could careless to seeit done live.
Comment by james bell from long island ny — October 7, 2009 @ 7:54 am

O and having my shirt with the wrong tour dates on it is a big plus =)

Posted on the NIN show as Jonathan Blank. I talked about how I'm rather torn with NIN with some songs that I like and some I can't get into.

Posted on built to spill in chicago as Michael. I saw them in NY in 1998, great show. this show sounded great because it was a small venue and they seemed really accessible. Also, commented on Animal Collective since they are a hometown band making it and a few of my friends have jammed with them in the past!

Magic 8-ball says: Odds are likely.

I believe the last two NIN albums were available free from their site as MP3, so go and check em out. Ghosts I-IV definitely was and the proper album one might have been pay what you want.

[quote name='AeroCmdr']I’ve always had odd feelings about NIN. I feel as if I only like about half their songs for some reason.
I’ve grown on them over the past few years after listening to them more and more so songs that I previously did not enjoy I like now.
I had a friend see them in concert and from what he told me of it he made me a bit sad that I didn’t see them.
Comment by AeroCmdr[/quote]

Posted under the NIN site of course.

Just commented on Phoenix 23 September show, comment was:

Just started to get into Phoenix recently after hearing their track "If I Ever Feel Better", I loved the pop almost disco sound on it. Good to know they put on a great live show as well. I'll have to check them out next time they're in the LA area.

[quote name='archangelreb']even tho I'm not eligible I commented on NIN.[/QUOTE]

what did you mean by not you are not eligible ?

Posted on the NIN show under the same name as here. My comment was the following,

"..but found only an attendant offering paper towels and Milky Way Minis and squirts of Axe at a buck apiece." I had to stop reading there at first until I got over the fits of laughter said comment induced. Overall I liked your take you gave in article on the lucidity of the performance given. Whether I agree with your view on NIN is another matter. I always liked the music they produced over the years, even to this day. But given the description of the actual event I would probably have the same reaction to it. Shame that it has been said that NIN is done as a tourning band. An encore performance of that show would be worth the price of admission alone if you ever needed a pick me up. The great music would just be an added plus.

[quote name='Arakias'] I believe the last two NIN albums were available free from their site as MP3, so go and check em out. Ghosts I-IV definitely was and the proper album one might have been pay what you want.[/QUOTE]

Really?!? I might have to go an check that out then.

i changed it to 10/12 to get a few more, its not like the odds have changed much.
but thats the final date. im working on a paper for school in the meantime and will deal with this after. (late monday night).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back