CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I want to see Cheapy in a Master Chief costume while shopping in the electronics district!

someone that big in armor is sure to garner a lot of interest =) either that or you will blend in =P

SvenRulerOfAll

First time posting. This is a great website and hope to see it for a long time to come.
If I win this contest, it would probably increase the pile of yet to be played games that I have.

I would like to get impressions of Japan's scenic spots, since I plan on going to Japan...one day. Show us some pics and make sure to hit PokePark.

I also hope that you make it a priority early on to pick up the Japanese language.

Most importantly CheapyD, have FUN!

I will go ahead and give a shot and trying to win this event also. I always did want to play Deathrow and Frequency.

Best of luck in Jay-pan, alot of things are very pricey over there.

Be careful if you get any cravings for mexican food, because that's tough to get over there.

I am not sure I am worthy of your collection, but entered. I don't know much about Japan however I would love for you to continue doing what you do and perhaps get a spot on TV where You review games as "The Samurai Pimp" For this you will need a Big Afro wig, bell bottoms, platform shoes combined with Samurai weapons and getup. You will also need to be sorrounded by some hot females. If the game you review is good it lives if it is crap you slice it in half with your mighty sword. I think this would be fun and believe me many of us and in Japan would watch this on TV. Good luck, you will be looked upon as a Giant !!!

I would love to see Cheapy perform overwrought monologues from Japan-centric Gibson novels, such as Idoru, while on public transit in Tokyo.

I would like to see you get a bunch of japanese people and have them all send a big CAG salute wearing CAG t-shirts. They probably would look at you wierd and all asking them to promote a website that focuses on saving money on video games.

I would like to see a hopped-up-on-saki CheapyD give the greatest interview ever with Shiggy himself while wallking Shiggy's dogs.

CheapyD!

You are going to love Japan. I lived there for a couple of years awhile back and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Here are some things you gotta do in Tokyo:

Akihabara - Land of games, electronics and kitsch that you won't believe anyone would actually buy... And get a dual band radio that allows you to listen to some TV shows in English instead of Japanese.

Ueno Park - Go during cherry blossom season. Everyone has their blankets on the ground and a sake cup in their hand. Cherry blossom season is really just an excuse to get drunk outside with everyone. Moonlight viewing really means passing out on your blanket at night when you've had a few too many bottles of sake and grilled octopus on a stick!

Harajuku - Go on weekends! Faux Elvises playing with their garage bands looking pretty retarded. There might actually be a good band or two out there, too.

Free lunches (Works in Osaka etc, too) - Go to any of the gigantic department stores. The basement level is a food market. Each booth is individually operated. Most are offering free samples. Eat to your hearts content. Just don't ask what you're eating. You are safer that way.

Free drinks and food - Learn one Japanese karaoke song. Don't know Japanese? Get someone to teach it to you phonetically. Most foreigners sing one of the 3-4 English songs in the back of the karaoke book. Boring. If you learn one Japanese song like I did, people will be shocked and the drinks will flow. I don't think I ever paid for beer or sake in a karaoke bar.

Best fast food - MOS Burger! Awesome teriyaki burgers and chicken sandwiches. I don't know if they still have it, but they actually had a burger with 2 rice cakes for buns and green beans instead of lettuce. It is actually darn good. But the teriyaki chicken sandwiches are the best.

Need a vacation? - Go to Seoul, South Korea. Cheaper to fly there than go somewhere in Japan (even by bullet train.) Everything is dirt cheap there. I fed 7 of us for $4 one time (a few years ago). Buy all the counterfeit designer clothes you want for next to nothing.

Hotels - If the hotel has some stupid rotating statue on top of it, don't check in unless you only want it for an hour or two with Mrs. CheapyD. They're Love Hotels. My friend forgot this rule when he was drunk and missed the last train. Checked in by himself for the night. The clerk definitely had a snicker over that!

Sumo - Learn it. Love it.

CD Rental Stores - hopefully they still have them. Copy to your hearts content.

Big Trash Day - Get virtually brand new TV's, furniture etc. once a month. Japan is soooo trendy. If in the spring, all TV's in the stores are red, by fall, they will all be white. Red ones will be all over the street for free on big trash day.

Hope these ideas help! I got tons more of them. Japan can be the time of your life if you jump in head first and live like a Japanese.

Have fun!:cool: :bouncy:

Here's some random facts about Japan. Be sure to take heed CheapyD.

# At many businesses in Japan, they offer alcohol to the employees after six pm.
# It is usually mandatory to give a landlord a gift of money of $1,000-$2000 when moving into his apartment building.
# On Respect for the Aged Day, tobacco companies will hand out free cigarettes to the elderly outside of train stations and department stores.
# The Japanese love corn, sesame seeds, and mayonnaise on their pizza.
# There are no 24 hour ATMs in Japan (closed on holidays and many only open during normal bank hours).
# Many Japanese teachers think that Japanese parents are lazy.
# The green traffic light is called "blue".
# Slurp your soup.
# Newspaper editors make their headlines so as to not attract attention.
# KFC is the place to be on Christmas Day.
# Japan has about 1,500 earthquakes each year.
# In the Japanese language, it is considered rude to say the word "no" directly.
# It is nearly impossible to become a naturalized citizen of Japan.
# You can smoke just about anywhere.
# Japanese people take a hot bath every night, some do not have showers installed in their bathrooms.
# There is no insulation in Japanese homes' walls.
# It is considered rude to show signs of affection toward a loved one in public.
# You can buy batteries, beer, wine, condoms, cigarettes, comic books, hot dogs, light bulbs, and used women's underwear from vending machines.
# Never stick your chopsticks upright in your rice. This is an old Japanese custom and is what is done when food is offered to the dead. When it is not an offering it is considered to be a very ill omen.
# In Japan you will find cars by the names of "It's", "Let's", "Sunny", "Perky", "Gloria", "Move", "Toppo", "Lepo" and "Dump".
# McDonalds employees will run outside to give you your drive-thru order.
# The Japanese visit shrines and give eachother money for New Year's.
# It is impolite to tear the wrapping paper off of a gift.
# Young women will hand you toilet paper outside of train stations.
# There is almost no vandalism in Japan.
# It is socially acceptable to pick your nose in public and urinate at the side of the road, but you cannot blow your nose in public.
# Approximately 85% of Japanese people have never tasted turkey.
# Snowmen in Japan are made of two large snowballs instead of three.
# It will always take one to two hours for a pizza to be delivered.
# There is at least one vending machine on every corner.
# All you ever wanted to know about the world's largest phallus festival can be found here.
# It is not uncommon to pay $2 for a single apple.

About winning your games, I'd really love to because I've not been able to play or buy anything in the past 6 months, due to money issues and having to sell most of my games to cover. Nothing would else would make my day but to win your games, CheapyD.

*Plus I am not a douchebag

Something funny you could do in Japan would be attending a cosplay convention and be in a group photo as one of the 40 camera men taking pictures of a cosplayer/semi-nude figurine.

Wow thanks. Great contest! I would love to see you make a big sign that says"You all have small wangs!" and take it to the most crowded area and show it off. Then show a sign that says " I have a large American penis!".

Japan is a great country with lots of video games. I'd like to see Cheapy get konchoed by a video game mascot, preferable Mario or Sonic. Oh, and review those Japanese games that don't make it over here.

1 st Cheapy, I wish you and your wife the very best. Good Luck Dude!!

OK, Here i go,

Tokyo is Japan's capital and the country's largest city.

Tokyo is also one of Japan's 47 prefectures, but is called a metropolis (to) rather than a prefecture (ken). The metropolis of Tokyo consists of 23 city wards (ku), 26 cities, 5 towns and 8 villages, including the Izu and Ogasawara Islands, several small Pacific Islands in the south of Japan's main island Honshu.

The 23 city wards (ku) are the center of Tokyo and make up about one third of the metropolis' area, while housing roughly eight of Tokyo's approximately twelve million residents.

Prior to 1868, Tokyo was known as Edo. A small castle town in the 16th century, Edo became Japan's political center in 1603 when Tokugawa Ieyasu established his feudal government there. A few decades later, Edo had grown into one of the world's most populous cities.

With the Meiji Restoration of 1868, the emperor and capital where moved from Kyoto to Edo, which was renamed Tokyo ("Eastern Capital"). Large parts of Tokyo were destroyed in the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 and in the air raids of 1945..... have fun... post lot's of pic's!!!!!!

Take care,
FullHavok

[quote name='fullhavok']1 st Cheapy, I wish you and your wife the very best. Good Luck Dude!!

OK, Here i go,

Tokyo is Japan's capital and the country's largest city.

Tokyo is also one of Japan's 47 prefectures, but is called a metropolis (to) rather than a prefecture (ken). The metropolis of Tokyo consists of 23 city wards (ku), 26 cities, 5 towns and 8 villages, including the Izu and Ogasawara Islands, several small Pacific Islands in the south of Japan's main island Honshu.

The 23 city wards (ku) are the center of Tokyo and make up about one third of the metropolis' area, while housing roughly eight of Tokyo's approximately thirty million residents.

Prior to 1868, Tokyo was known as Edo. A small castle town in the 16th century, Edo became Japan's political center in 1603 when Tokugawa Ieyasu established his feudal government there. A few decades later, Edo had grown into one of the world's most populous cities.

With the Meiji Restoration of 1868, the emperor and capital where moved from Kyoto to Edo, which was renamed Tokyo ("Eastern Capital"). Large parts of Tokyo were destroyed in the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 and in the air raids of 1945..... have fun... post lot's of pic's!!!!!!

Take care,
FullHavok[/QUOTE]

fixed

I would like to see CheapyD cover all of the import (or would they be export) stores and all the crazy games that Japanese gamers get that we don't get to see.

I'd like to see some updates on the streets of Japan, since I can't quite make it there my self. Fear not, when that free capital comes.. you'll see me dashing down the streets of Osaka my self!

Let's win some games ;-).

Being in Japn will really be a lot of fun I am sure. I hope the move is smooth for you and the wife. We all really appreciate the site, and what you do for us.
Thanks,
Moosedaddy

Dude, thats awesome going to japan. I want to go so bad but I lack the $$$ and don't speak japanese. I heard to they have vending machines with pr0n magazines on the streets. I'd like to see street racing there, get tons of anime. It gonna be one heck of an experience for you. Good luck.

I work for a japanese garden company and I was wondering while your over ther if you could find out if they call them gardens?, or are they called japanese gardens even over there

You can be the Japanese mythbuster!

1) Find out if it's really true that you can't find normal sized shoes in Japanese shoe stores.

2) Take pictures of yourself in the street. I wanna see if you'll really be a head taller than everyone else.

3) Dress up in traditional japanese dress, and count how many people yo usee laughing at you.

I think it'll all be sweet. Just like getting your stuff :)

I would love to expand my xbox collection

and I think I would buy a PS2 if I suddenly got all those games. Would beat the hell out of the sega genesis in our dorm room

Once you move to Japan you need to go out on the streets and subtly try to convince people that you're a famous American movie star.

I deserve to win. I am poor, I have exactly none of the games listed, and my best buddy just won a free XBox 360. Oh, god of free stuff, smile upon me.

Good luck in Tokyo. I want you to go visit the tourist attractions then relate them to random games.

Cheapy,

Want to wish you and the family a safe and happy move.

For those of us still on this side of the world, how about taking some cool pictures and postcards and putting them up for us to see, once you get settled in over there? That's my request. Oh, and winning your gaming stash would be cool, too. :)

Cheapy HAS to go to a Puroresu event in Japan, be it All Japan Pro or New Japan or NOAH, you have to check out the best wrestling ever Japanese Strong style. Headdrops all around :)

Larrrrriiiiiaaatttoooooooooo!!!!1

I would love to see Cheapy invade the "tricked-out" techno-neon truck scene in Tokyo. Only in Japan...

That game collection would keep me well satified until long after this next-gen explosion shakes out!

I don't know if you have been to Japan or not but a few tipps I tell people when they go.

I went to Japan 4 years ago to visit my bud who was in the jet program. My main concern was food and drink. This was due to the fact that seafood and I don't get along. However my fellow girthbrother who had already been living there took care of me.

Yaki Soba and Katsu Curry are your friends. If miso soup is driving you crazy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you cannot lose with this winning combination. You can cook yaki soba on a cookie sheet on top of a hibachi grill if you have to and it is always good.

Now soda was taken care of as well as water, but for your alcohol needs, beer is expensive. A case of sapporo black label is almost $50 on Hokaido, switch to liquor its cheaper there and it gets the job done. You will save money if you are drinking at home.

Finally, we had a 23 hour layover in Tokyo before we flew to Sapporo. I had to go to Akihabara, while I was in Japan, I would loose my Video Game Collector's license if I didn't. Beware confusing the monorail and the subway, it will cost you.

I really enjoyed my time in Japan and I hope it all goes well for you too.

girth305

PS Beware the squatter tiolet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back