CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Above anything, get GPS when driving. NO street signs and the roads aren't "straight" like in most US cities like NY and LA. Don't be afaid to use broken Nipponese, at least you'll be trying and that's better than most the GI's over there who don't even bother trying and force English on to the peoples. Don't buy into the stereotypes like:

"If there's an old classic American car outside the bar or club it's a Yakuza bar/club"

And if anything just relax, there are MANY flows in Nippon...you'll find yours.

Prediction:

Cheapy is going to spend lots and lots of money on all the cool stuff they have in Japan that we're not cool enough to have....

haha wouldn't it be funny if one day cheapy posted this amazing deal but then it was for tokyo only.....

I have not been to Japan but a good friend has. He informed me you must learn to speak Japanese, if you can not already. It is the only way to get into any of the local brothels.

Good Luck Cheapy, and don't worry, I won't tell Mrs. Cheapy why you suddenly are cramming to learn the native language :)

Good luck in Japan...you should challenge Godzilla to some Halo, then punch him in the nose whenever he looks at your screen.

Wow. Japan is amazing.

I, myself, have never been to Japan, but if I do go, I want you and Mrs. CheapD to meet me and show me around the hotspots.

I also happen to need some videogames for my dorm room at college.

Have fun in Japan.

Wow, cool. Good luck and all.

I think we need a picture of you trying to use a Japanese toilet.

(No, I don't really mean it. But someone had to say it.)

A

Man, this sounds great for you!

Catch the inside of the gaming industry.

The PS3 and Revolution launches . . . cool stuff.

You can be our personal importer :)

Anyway, I want your stuff, so count me in.

Best of luck to a really cool guy!

I'd like to see, if possible, all the crazy ass Japanese video games you can play. I also want to see your face after eating a plate full of wasabi. And if you are generous to give me your games, I may go with traditional Japanese massage parlor tradition and give happy ending, then love you long time.

I've always wanted to visit Japan. So CheapyD is making me jealous by default from moving there. For that matter I should learn some Japanese, like I *should've* back in HS instead of taking spanish. wtf!

あなたが露出したNES のコントローラーでしか覆われな い東京の通りの下で歩くべきであることを私は考える。

Can anyone translate that?

Don't forget to hit up Mr. Donut in Japan for the most delicious apple cinnamon muffins you've ever had in your life. Their donuts are pretty damn good, too.

when you are in japan I would like you to post more unique game's gadget that only sole in japan and visit the game show and reporting back to us :)

Yay for you no longer having to import the crazy-weird stuff we usually don't get elsewhere in this not-so-crazy-werid world.

I'll donate anything I already own to the Penny Arcade guys for their charity auctions. (I know someone else claimed it, seemed like a damn good idea to me.)

Personally, I'd like to see CheapyD make www.cheapassgamer.jp . :D With his big bald mug on the front page. :D Or CAG business cards in Japanse. :D

If I win everything besides GTA: San Andreas, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, NBA Street 3, Area 51, KOTOR 2, Brute Force, Rocky Legends, Fable (bonus disc), CAG t-shirt, CAG business card sized flyers will be giving away in the trading forum here.

Dude you should TOTALLY go to Kishiwada for Danjiri when you are in Japan. Good, fun times and lots of BOOZE!!!! :)

Oh and I want me some Cheapy-D schwag! Sign me up!

For the love of all thats holy and good in this world.... please let me win these games! I would like to see Cheapy try to cop a feel on the subway system like all those perverted businessmen over there.

Great contest idea.

I would like to see Cheapy D get his new car in Japan and trick it out like one of the midnight club cars. Even if he buys a minivan, trick it out. The Japanesse dig tricked out cars.

I hear there is a certain activity for hire in Japan called "Scrubbing Mr. Turtle."
Cheapy, please purchase said service and provide a full report.

I want to see Cheapy go to one of those female only subways and see what develops. Seeing those games added to my collection would be nice too.

I just want you to post pictures of Japanese gaming stores and give us photos early of PS3 machines in stores and all that good stuff.

i dunno if they celebrate halloween in japan... if they do, cheapyd should dress up like godzilla since he's much taller than the avg person over there :)

edit: d'oh, mcwilliams posted almost the same idea before me LOL! :lol:

Ah Japan. My question is how would one move to Japan All the Cheap ass deals you will miss. Yes Eb might have 360 games on a super sale all release games for $5 but cheapy the shipping would kill the deal. ;)

Cheapy, if you could find cheap, decent places to stay there that'd be great for those of us who're planning a trip for next summer. Please keep us updated with all the fads over there. Best of luck in Japan and I hope I can meet you there next year.

P.S. Videotape yourself running around the streets pointing up saying, Gojira, Gojira!

Man, I've always wanted to live in Japan. They always have the most creative and interesting games that the US never gets.. :(

Anyways, good luck Cheapy!

[quote name='SithFran']Cheapy, if you could find cheap, decent places to stay there that'd be great for those of us who're planning a trip for next summer. Please keep us updated with all the fads over there. Best of luck in Japan and I hope I can meet you there next year.

P.S. Videotape yourself running around the streets pointing up saying, Gojira, Gojira![/QUOTE]

gojira's on hiatus for a good 10 years. it'd be better if he said Gamera instead.

*wipes drool from keyboard*
wow... nice list ya got there...
I've always wanted to visit Japan, dunno about living there though. Regardless, hope you have a great time over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back