CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

As you know, there's always clips of those sick/ twisted/ crazy Japanese game shows. It'd be cool if you actually got one of the game show. Best Wishes when you move to Japan.

Is it sad that I mostly want to enter to win Mario Party 5? All those Xbox games would make my brother my best friend for a little while if I gave them to him though..

Good luck in Japan! Tokyo is on the list of places I have to visit before I die.

Nice! Good luck in japan, hopefully you get a decent sized flat, remember when you want anything to hit up the local 7/11, They carry everything! Hopefully in a years time I'll be in japan too if the JET program accepts my application! Oh and will you need any club mario points? I have a few and no way to use them, PM me for the codes.

PLease enter me in I want cheapyD's game

I want to see pics of what cheapyd eats for the first 3 days
I think that would be cool because you have to get used to a whole diffrent kind of food

hope you have a good time in tokyo
love your show

You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

I love Japan, I once had a bonsai tree but it died. I also know about alot there culture and I don't have a big game collection so these games would greatly infullence my game collection. Some thing I would like you to do while you are living in tokyo is serously have a great time and enjoy yourself. Make sure you go to all of the cool hitech places. Best of luck in the place were the sun rise.:D :applause: :D

Japan land of the rising sun... never saw this news coming... never see much coming recently... one thing I'd like to see done in Japan is a movie spoof of Lost in Translation CheapyD style.

I would like to see you dress up as Godzilla and terrorize the people of Japan. You could be CAGzilla.

Good luck in Japan.

-Rick

Wow Cheapy! That's amazing, your moving to the magical land of video games. CAG is going world wide international. Did you know that Japan has 29,751 km of coastline? Anyway, I hope to win your games even though I have a ton of stuff to play through. I for one would like to see a picture of you playing that "Bunga Bunga" arcade game.

Good luck and have fun out there.

do u need a roommate cheapyD and are u going to give has info on deals that are in tokyo

ps i wish I was u and dont become a japanese womans oh

ps if i do win thats COOL but If I Dont win can u please send me pics of tokyo

Wow, alot of people trying to win!

Anyway, out of all that stuff, I want the cheap ass gamer shirt the most!

Hope the move goes well.

Will your location in Japan give you new insight into cheap stuff in gaming?

I wish you the best over in Japan, I will remember you fondly while playing your old games when you are drunk on sake in Tokyo and playing a Xbox 360 (and doubling the Japanese sales with the purchase of an Xbox 360 in Japan).

Best of luck!

While in Japan, just beware of the Kancho. I hear Japanese schoolchildren enjoy reaming their pointed fingers into the buttocks of american strangers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

kancho.gif

Congrats on moving to Tokyo, count me in for your contest. I would like to see pictures of all the different Tokyo shops and places there. I plan on going for a trip to Tokyo once I finish school, and everything. So hopefully I can run into you and we can have lunch or something.

I'd like to see some pictures of the crazy stuff in stores in Tokyo, and as always, those fun translations are quite funny :p I've never been to Japan - you should make a big post (with pictures) about your journey there :eek:

Anyway, good luck with the move, and awesome contest :)

I ate ramen last nite before going to sleep

my roommate is all like oh u r eating ramen

and Im like yup I also ate it for breakfast -_-

so he's like oh... that's like they do it in japan huh?

and Im like shutup u stupid korean go eat sum kimchee got damn

no Im jk, but u gotta eat ramen in japan for breakfast

my ramen had egg in it, ppl eat eggs for breakfast too

You should get your tie caught in the conveyor belt in a sushi bar just like Johnny English (possibly the best movie of all time...well, next to March of the Penguins...)

I think the best thing you could do while living in Japan Cheapy, since you're gonna have a lot of free time, is to become an American-style costumed crime fighting superhero. Show them how it's done!

Japan kicks ass man, hope you have fun, I know I would.

Where are you going to be staying? I've always wanted to check out Iga Ueno & the other ancient landmarks & castle towns, I'd need to learn some japanese though, I'd be to cheap to hire a translator to follow me around lol.

anyways, gimme yer games!!!!!!!

Go easy on the saki there. I would love to visit Japan someday because Asian people just seem so nice, and green is my favorite color. Japan looks very lush and green.

Cheapy, the absolute best thing you can do in Japan is to order warm Sake, but pronounce it "SUH-kee." It will pretty much make your life complete.

Hello there... I'm new and being new I probably don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning any contest, but that's not why I signed up last week. I signed on for that insider info that only you could give. ;)

And since you've said that you'd like to see some remarks pertaining to Japan than I figured now was the time to open my big mouth and say.... Hunt down Soraya Saga, and Yasunori Mitsuda and do whatever's necessary to convince them to get their asses back to work with the Xenosaga teams so that the project can be finished for all of us diehard fans.

While you're at it find Nobuo Uematsu and give him a big fat raspberry for me. :p

I think that you should pretend as often as possible that you don't speak japanese. Just to test out a place (resturaunt, bar, etc). Then, if they genuinely try to help you, then slowly begin to "learn Japanese", which you hopefully already know. If not, learn as much Japanese before you go, it'll be a neccessity! Have a great time over there! Those games look great, (crosses fingers). Safe travels.

EDIT:
Oh snap, dress up like the Prince from Katamari Damashii/We Love Katamari, then build a gigantic Katamari, and roll it around town. Post the pics!

Well, I would like to see cheapyD throwing back some sake during the beutiful cherry blossom festival.

When/If I win your games, chances are I'll sell them all and get a DS. Hopefully one with homebrew capabilities.

Oh, and when in Tokyo, do as most Tokyians do.

Party in the streets all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back