CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Congrats Cheapy. I hope the move goes smoothly. Nice to hear the that site will not only be staying the same if not growing.

My request would be for you to find someone in Japan that actually bought the original Xbox! ;)

Cheapy...I would love to see you wear a Godzilla mask and chase after small children, all in the name of Cheapness, fight the good fight for the poor and cheap...don't stop chasing the kids until they lower all the prices of games and/or movies worldwide.

Entered. You need to find models of the FFVII cast, full size, and populate your flat with them while you're in Japan. I'd love to come home to a smiling Aerith and frowning Sephiroth every day.

Congrats on the new job for Mrs. CheapyD. I'd love to be offered a job that "forces" me to move to Japan.

Like many others I would like to see you dress up like a game character. HOWEVER the specific character id like to see is Chun Li from the Street Fighter series.

In addition, I'd like you to scale Mount Fuji in the gettup, and get a picture @ dawn with the Mrs. atop Mt. Fuji.. :lol:

While in Japan, try to work your way into a Capcom 2D Fighter. Remember that cool little guy with glasses in the japanese version of Marvel vs. Street Fighter? If he can do it, I'm sure a guy like you could make it in.

Is this going to affect your hockey playing?

When you move to Tokyo you should run through the streets screaming something incredibly funny. It would be REAL nice to win those games, thanks for chance Cheapy! :D

Congrats on the move.

In terms of amusing me, buy some soiled panties out of a vending machine while dressed like Will Ferrell's character in "Elf" and dump them in SquareSoft's lobby while shouting "Where is Chrono Trigger 2?"

Lucky bastard! My girl and I want to go to Japan on our honeymoon and, among other things, buy all sorts of bad ass Japan-only Pokemon stuff. :D

When you get to Japan you should read tentacle hentai on a train and record reactions from other passengers (eg indifferent, strange looks)

It's probably mentioned within these 50+ pages of replies, but you should set up a CAG import shop for us unfortunate oversea ppl a chance to buy classic games as well as new jap games.

I'd like to see you attend the Kanamara Festival in the Tokyo suburb of Kawasaki. I'm sure the pictures would be entertaining for everyone who visits the site.

Congrats on the move CheapyD, i know you'll love Japan. If i won, i would come say hi in Tokyo when i go. Ive wanted to go to Japan for a while and this just gives me an awesome reason to :)

I know you probably wont be able to read all these posts but when you get to the land of the rising sun you really gotta get me a line on some cheap neo geo stuff. i heard its dirt cheap over there.

enter'd

Hey cheapy. I hope you have a great time in japan. Its a great place to go..You'll have to let us know which imports are a must have!!! =)

I'd like you to bring a game that you bought frmo EBgames with the reciept to a Japanese game store and ask for a refund......... and if they refuse, act all pissed off and tell them you have a reciept and that you never opened the game............ and record their reaction

And tell them you just moved over here from America

Things to make sure you got: Return with reciept in 30 days of purchase, don't open the game, and request it in US dollars using exchange rate from that day you purchased it

You are lucky that you can go to Japan. I've always wanted to go there. Make sure to visit the lights of Tokyo and the Atomic Bomb memorials. Also, see if you can find anything on their views of World War II and tell us what they think.

Not sure whether we should be more jealous of you moving to Tokyo, or getting to run CAG full-time.

I'd like to see photo's of Japanese arcades, they're a dying breed here in the states, and I'm feeling nostalgic.

LOL

CheapyD, when you get to Tokyo, have tons of sake to get yourself plastered, dress up in club attire wearing chicken feet (slippers or the costume ones) instead of shoes and start hitting up all the karaoke bars in the area. Be sure to film your exploits so we can see the real proof.

If you do that, you'll be the hero of many, many karaoke afficianados. :)

You must consume this:
fahukapuffer6rw.gif

And live to speak of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back