CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Saki buy a lot of Saki. I probably spelled it wrong. You can also probably get one really cool robot. Like a robot monkey butler, they kick ass.

Tokyo has a street called Akihabara, it roughly translates to "Electronic Street". I bet you'll fall in love with that place. It's got virtually every electronic products that money can buy. You really should pay that place a visit.

Something about Japan--In Japanese mythology, the god of rice was called Inari and was also the patron of swordsmiths.
Enjoy the rich traditions of your new home, Cheapy! !

I would like to see you eat sushi with chop sticks on your head all the while playing some ddr against the ddr champion or Japan. Crazy yes I know, but you are talented enough you should easily be able to pull that off.

(please pick me your games will go to a good home)

Watch out for the streets lined with videogames in Japan. Wait, don't watch out for them... GO TO THEM!!!!!

And you're right, that sure is a once in a lifetime opportunity you've got there.

I'd like to win your games....and when you're in Tokyo, I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of you just strolling down a busy sidewalk, Jon Voight style from Midnight Cowboy, just to see how much taller you are than everyone else there.

Japan has all the goods when it comes to tech...they should relocate the island right next to the US, that way I could visit as often as I like! since that can't happen, I'll settle for some cool pics you take of the landscape, the technology, and the general wackiness that is Japan ^_^

OOO Me loves contests!

How about CheapyD gets Mrs.CheapyD to video tape him eating a wasabi soaked piece of sushi...... then when he wakes up in the hospital a week later, he can host that video on the internet for us to all watch. :)

THAT's a stunt worth doing! :D :D :D

Buy a square watermelon and eat it in one sitting. Then regret the amount of money you spent on it.

squarewatermelon4ly.jpg

Wow awesome contest CheapyD! That's amazing you're going to give away all of those games. I'm entering this contest because I don't have about 75% of the games on your list and the 25% I do have, I'd give to other CAGs!

So here's the deal, if I win this contest, I'd pass on the following games (1 game per CAG to spread out the contest winnings to as many people as possible). I'd even pay for shipping!:

Area 51
Burnout 3
Brute Force
Spider-Man 2
Technu: Wrath of Heaven
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Mario Party 5

Ok so for my entry, I'd like to see a pic of CheapyD surrounded by a throng of harajuku kids, wearing a Captain America costume, playing a dance rhythm or VR game in one of those awesome Tokyo arcades. Maybe even SEGA's Joypolis! I'd also like to see pics of all the cool shit found in the Sony-mega store. Enjoy Tokyo, you lucky bastard!

Just don't let us catch you playing Boong-Ga Boong-Ga...

joypolis.jpg

Count me in for the free stuff.

So, I used to work for a Japanese company. We would send one of our engineers to spend a year living there. The first guy that we sent, didn't speak much Japanese, but he knew that he wanted to travel. So he bought himself a handheld GPS unit. He would get on the train to go somewhere, leave the train and start wandering. When he was done for the day, he would just have the GPS unit retrace his path and he'd be on his way back to the train. Something to keep in mind in case you want to travel and are worried about getting lost.

Travel in Japan is pretty easy, at least it was when I was there. In most cities, the trains are easy to find and a lot of the signs are in English as well as Japanese. It helps getting around.

Some things to do while you are in Japan:

1) Go to a Japanese baseball game. Its quite different from the US and is a lot of fun.
2) Ride the bullet train. Its fast, but expensive. Try it at least once, but make sure you avoid sitting in the smoking cars.
3) Learn karaoke. It was popular when I was there five years ago.
4) Take the day tour of Kyoto. Its about 7-8 hours, but it is a really impressive tour.

Good luck with the trip. All of the guys that I worked with who went never regretted it for a minute.

TBW

Cheapy D going to Japan? WOW, you lucky dude. Cheapy you should definately dress up like Mario and go to some arcade where you can DDR with all the hip youngsters. Oh yeah and have your wife dress up like Yoshi, that way you can ride on her back on the way to the arcade. And since your so "cheapy" riding on your wife's back to the arcade will save you cab fair, there for saving you some money to buy more cheap games.

YeEeAaAhHh!!!

Entered, and just wondering, Cheepy, do you speak japaneese yet, or are you going to learn there?

I would like to see Cheepy fight Godzilla.

You should live on Ramen noodles and speak with an Engrish accent whenever you meet new people.:dunce:

Me love your games long time.

CheapyD,
How will you buy any game from the very deals listed on this site in the future?
GameStop and EB don't ship to Japan, do they?
I do look forward to some international cheap ass game deals.
Well, hope your Japanese is fluent.

Wow, good luck with the new job in japan :applause: . You should dress up in an Anime character and go to an arcade and challenge ten people to bet you at an game they chose (by the way that is an awesome game list to win)...thanks for the contest and i hope i win:D

I really don't want you Cheapy to blow all of Mrs. Cheapy's money on pachinko. I know you want to but you must resist losing it all man. Have fun man, and a safe trip to you as well. Aww, I just realized no more Cheapy on Cold Pizza, aww man.

I'd love to see a video of Cheapy in a Godzilla suit walking down the streets of Japan (whereever specifically you are moving to) and see the townsfolk running for their lives yelling "Gojira!! Run for your life!" That would be the best video ever. :lol:

Hey CheapyD, while in japan I would like to see you influtrate Konami. You know don solid snakes gear, take a few pictures of Metal gear etc, and return home.

Congratz on moving to Tokyo, im so jealous

Have fun in Japan! I'm going to go (just for a few weeks) pretty soon and I'm looking forward to it. When you're there I'd like to see you go to the Poke Park or whatever that Pokemon Theme park is in the Tokyo area :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back