CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I want to see you toss AOL CDs at random businessmen in some busy city square, screaming "THATS RIGHT, IT'S AMERICA ONLINE!"

Japanese government sucks..... keep changing the history and writing false facts on their history book to make themselves look better and "justify" their actions......

.... thats just what came into my mind when i thought about japan......
would be cool if i win......

thanks for all the tips... u saved me some money over the past couple of years. good luck in japan and i hope i win some of your stuff!

Japan has TONS of pocky variations that we dont get in the US, like crazy ass coconut chocolate almond fruit deliciousness. Soooo buy some while you are there, and make it part of another contest!

just dont buy men's pocky. eww.

You should most definitely learn Japanese and do an entire CAGcast in Japanese just to piss all of us off over in the states. That'd be fun. Oh and you should send me soem video games. :whistle2:D

I want you to go to a ramen place and eat until you want to throw up after you get settled.

Mmmm, ramen. ;D

Have fun in Japan!

Holy crap, 66 pages already. I'm not sure if this has been said already, but you should dress up as Godzilla and run around the streets terrorizing Tokyo. Use that height to your advantage! :)

i would like to see cheapy D enter and starting taking pics of the really weird stuff in japan. The people there wear some really REALLY wack clothing with butchered engrish slogans, and it gets to the point where most likely a japanese company cannot get sued for false advertisement if the slogan is written in engrish

http://www.engrish.com/

"double dicker bus"

If I won all those games I would play them 24/7, I've never played most of those games because I can't afford to. That would be awesome. Have fun in Japan.

I wanna see the new G4 special about a bald white guy who lives in Tokyo with his sidekick Muskrat or whatever and gets into assorted videogame related mischief. It would be better than that fastlane and man show garbage.

I've always wondered this, kinda in the same way that kid just wanted a simple answer about the Tootsie-Pop out of that damned owl and turtle: how much Pocky can one internet videogame mogul living in Japan eat before he gets completely, irrevocably, sick of it? Go for it, Cheapy: I believe in you.

I never want to see CheapyD make a post about his adventures with soap-play in Japan. Nope...never.

I'll take the games too.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind you hounding and mercilessly harassing anyone from G4 you might see over there at one of the shows. Looks like they could use some of that...

Cheapy I hope Mrs D wont be too insulted when she sees you eyeing all the Japanese chicks. Japanese chicks are soooooo hot. mmmmmmm

I wanna see some...Mr. CheapyD and Mrs. cheapy D cosplay action wh ile in japan...at the same time emailing me and saying congrats for winning your games.

Lol, the square watermelons... that made me remember these things. I would have checked to see if someone else posted them, but 60+ pages is a LOT to look through. GL on the move, and eat some sushi. Buy a scarf too if you can find one, take a pict, and post it here for all to see!!

scarf2.jpg

That must be one heck of a great deal in Japan to give up all those games. I guess this means no more cold pizza:(. I don't even know if they eat pizza in Japan but either way good luck to you. And me for that matter. I have been craving to play Symphony of the Night again. There's no rule for unwrapping it for whoever wins it is there? Glad to hear that you will still be working on CAG from Japan but I guess I'll never get a chance to see who is better in NHL 2k6.

Gichin Funakoshi is the founder of Shotokan Karate and basically modern day Karate because of his demonstration in front of the emperor many, many years ago. Also, Shotokan is the fighting style Ryu and Ken use in Street Fighter!!! Total awesomeness!!! Japan rules!!

Well it's time for the hook up on the japanese TV shows, new games and some poontang!:lol: Also you'll probably fry your PS2 & XBox with the electricial current over there so you might wanna give those up too!!! :bouncy:

BIG D @ BKNY

[quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)[/QUOTE]

I'd really like to see Cheapy take pictures of various locations and stuff in Japan, considering I won't be going there anytime soon. :(

Good luck over there, by the way.

Wow good for you! I wish I was moving to Japan. My friend just went there. I hope I win all those games.

Anyway you should try eating some pizza, they put corn on their pizza I hear and a lot of other different toppings you can't find anywhere else.

Get beer from a vending machine ON THE STREET!

Go to Akihabara and buy lots of cool games.

Go to a Sumo match!

Japanese crepes are really neat, they will fold them up and give them to you (kinda like an ice cream cone I guess) so you and your girl can walk down the street and eat them together.

1. You have to go to every single arcade spot in Japan.
  2. You need to buy Advent Children in Japan.
    (Do you know Japanese?)
  3. You have to use all the newer Japanese gadgets
    and tell use what we are missing.
  4. Have fun in Japan because it is gaming heaven.

CheapyD I hope you and your wife have a great time living in Japan. I hope in the near future there will be a Junior CheapyD. Good luck.

Walk around Japan and take pictures like of everything, and I mean everything. Then go do McDonald's and bust out some DDR on the squares on the floor at the main one in Tokyo and see how many people join in! have fun man and good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back