CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I'd like to win your games and I'd also like to see you dress up like Godzilla and ask locals on the street for directions to the office district or something of the sort.

Cheapy should visit teh Yushima Tenjin Plum Festival

It will get you DRUNK

201_1.jpg

Well, personally, I would hope while in Tokyo you spend every night camped outside to buy some new game. Japanese gamers are always doing that. If you were moving sooner, you could camp out for XBOX 360 there...alone.

Good luck and have fun in Japan and if I won if you could seen me a shot glass from there that would be cool my wife and I try to get them from were ever we go and were are friends go .
Good luck

I want to see an article about how the Cheap-Ass- Lifestyle works in Japan. Do they have the same type of store clearance or does everything get auctioned off?

When you're in Japan, you must post deals for imports and so forth. And then send us the imports. And then go to Hokaido and send us Mr. Sparkle!

Ok Cheapy, ive taken taken 3 college courses in Japanese and plan to minor in it. One of the funniest things id like to see you do in Japan is go out to eat and order a taco! See they call octopus tako and from what my foreign exchange student friend tells me, they call tacos(as we here in America know it) takosu.

Sorry i just think it would be funny :whistle2:(

Good luck in Japan cheapy!

[quote name='ohbrazil']When you are in Japan I want you to eat all of the wasabi flavored kit-kat bars you encounter. They are interesting to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Mmm wasabi flavored kit-kat!

Congrats, Cheapy. You are officially living the dream. Now you can watch all the new episodes of One Piece. I hope you're an otaku.

id like to see cheapy in a kimono dancing to the japanese import version of the screwed version of mike jones' "back then" while swinging a vintage famicom in the middle of a sony store showroom with a t shirt of the japanese flag.

:)

76 pages? Sweet monkey crap. Alright, in keeping with the topic requirements...

I would obviously have to buy an XBox and/or a PS2, since you've only got 2 gamecube games on there. ;)

As for what I'd like to see you do... I'm pretty sure somebody in Japan would know how to do something fun to FatWallet. I bet you could find them. :whistle2:\"

Cheapy D, I think that while in Japan you should try to meet or at least see Miyamoto and Kojima, the two gaming gods IMO. Good luck and enjoy the new experiences.

If you want quality samurai swords, go to japan, instead of okinawa. Find yourself a man in the country with a forge, and pay him $20,000 for a sword. You'll have it i a month, but not in a million years will it break

Enjoy your trip to Japan --- love the Saki and the Japanese babes over there, oh yeah and while you are busy with Saki and those Japanese babes I (if there is any possiblilty that I may win) will play through all your awesome games. Oh yeah and just for fun you should dress up like master chief and walk in downtown tokyo telling the Japanese people they are missing out on some good action.hehe

Have fun!!!

While you're there, find a Mr. Roboto and tell him thank you.

Yay STYX.

But seriously, enjoy Japan and all the luxury off walking around in robes and having to take your shows off when you go into someones house and sit on the floor to eat. :) :) :) :) :)

I once had a plan to move to Japan and teach English for a year, but I got married instead. Fortunately she's a gamer too, so you can think of all those wonderful games as a belated wedding gift! =)

Sweeeeeett~ ur goin to Japan~ Man.. u could play all those awesome arcade in Japan then~ I am so jealous~ Good luck !

I'd like you to post a picture of yourself buying a pair of panties from one of those (in)famous panty vending machines. . . .Maybe you should be sniffing them in the photo!

Good luck!

Cheapy D:

I hope you have a blast in Japan and get to experience being a gamer from an entirely different cultural context, if I had anything to suggest you do while there it would be to join the local IGDA chapter 'cause the guy running it is very earnest.

I'd like to win your games because I teach at a game school and would donate the entire lot to the school library. In the true spirit of your site, I've long been hooking up stuff for free wherever I can, but this would be a great opportunity to beef up our material. And I can't think of a better use than for a couple hundred kids who are too broke to buy this stuff on their own.

Anyways, if I'm not the person who wins I wish them all the enjoyment they can get out of your stuff.

regards, have a safe move and give my best to Roppongi.

majordomo

I want pics of the section of tokyo where they the sell the electronics. Like walls covered in digital cameras and every game system made.
Peace
coltcannon

I have always wanted to go to Japan. Hopefully I will get there one day... From what I've heard, the climate for Americans is not what it once was. Ah well, where else is Sanrio World?

[quote name='majordomo']Cheapy D:

I hope you have a blast in Japan and get to experience being a gamer from an entirely different cultural context, if I had anything to suggest you do while there it would be to join the local IGDA chapter 'cause the guy running it is very earnest.

I'd like to win your games because I teach at a game school and would donate the entire lot to the school library. In the true spirit of your site, I've long been hooking up stuff for free wherever I can, but this would be a great opportunity to beef up our material. And I can't think of a better use than for a couple hundred kids who are too broke to buy this stuff on their own.

Anyways, if I'm not the person who wins I wish them all the enjoyment they can get out of your stuff.

regards, have a safe move and give my best to Roppongi.

majordomo[/QUOTE]

Even San Andreas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back