CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Holy Crap, you lucky sod... Now if only my wife could get an offer like that too... You get to go to the land of vending machines for virtually anything you could ever want... and maybe a few things that you shouldn't want...
What we need is a place/person to get cheap ass import games at the prices you can find them at somewhere like Dori-Dori or Book-off in Japan.

I would like CheapyD to get on one of those crazy gameshows where they have midgets pulling airplanes, or bears eating hotdogs... oh wait, that is the US. How about one of those gameshows where they see how many slaps to the face you can take?

I would like to see CheapyD dress up as a Samurai for one entire day in Japan. He shouold go to work/supermarket/massage parlors using only public transportation, take pictures of where he goes and what he does, oh yeah, and stay dressed up all day. Don't forget to write!

Im in! parents said its cool. man if i win this that means i can play diffrent games> i dont have much cash so i only play the same games(they got boring). please chose me!!!!!!!:pray::pray::pray::pray:

I'd definately go for CheapyD making a cosplay web site that showcases his new found love for dressing up as female anime characters. :D fun times await !

WOO WEEE! I wish I was going to Japan. Lucky! Have fun and eat sushi until it comes out of your ears. Oh and send me your games kudasai? (that's please in Japanese, or so I was told:))

Good luck Cheapy! I really want to go to Japan some day. Some of my friends have gone and they've had a blast. I'm sure you will too! Once again, good luck! :)

Sweet that youre goin to tokyo. Seems like a lifelong dream from me. Buy some panties out of a vending maching, dont eat the food looking at you, and stay from the stereotypes. Japan is mad crowded...look at google earth before you go...

I just have a simple request, I want Cheapy to post a pic of himself (could be with mrs.) with Tokyo in the background. Oh yea, I want the picture to be taken from on top of Tokyo Tower =P. Hope you have a great time in Tokyo!!!

If you could send me pics of many a flat-chested Japanese woman, I'd hump your leg for at least thirty two seconds.

Or I'll just take those games and we could call it a day...

I had a friend who went to japan 3-4 years ago. He was talking to these two chicks at his hotel bar and was thinking he was gonna score with the both when a security guard came by and kicked the hookers out of the hotel.

According to my friend Danny who served in the US Navy and took a tour of Japan:

The Japanese love American Hot Dogs, the food. They go crazy for them.

They yell a lot of really rude things at 3AM when you go around ringing doorbells.

It costs about $10 for a Big Mac. He says he settled for a $5 hamburger.

And everything else he can't remember because he was drunk most of the time.

I wanna see CheapyD post a photo-blog about living in Japan. That would be cool.

Also ... I hope I win ... some shwag for shawagg? :)

Good luck in Japan Cheapy!

It would be awesome to be able to move to Japan. I reccomend this book for reading about the social differences between Japan and the US...Reid draws his reasoning for why Japan has such lower amounts of crime, poverty, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679777601/102-2922086-0141709?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance

Confucius Lives Next Door : What Living in the East Teaches Us About Living in the West

Very good read. My teacher in my Eastern History & Philosphy class had it as a mandatory read.

I wanna see CheapyD post a photo-blog about living in Japan. That would be cool.

I'm sure you'll fit right into Japanese society - errr..... uh.... all 6+ foot of you.
Regardless your game stash would fit right into my collection and definately not collect dust
And for my amusement could you take some pics of a high end Japanese toilet bowl showroom?

I really want to win because my mom just died from ALS and my dad lost his job and i havent gotten a new game since god knows when

Japan, eh? Cool country, as far as I'm concerned, because they're one of the few countries where the mighty Yngwie J. Malmsteen has had huge success. I've spent a fortune importing his CDs and merchandise from Japan.

Enjoy yourself! Stay away from the vending machines, though....

I would love to see CheapyD go in front of a line of Final Fantasy fans waiting for the next Final Fantasy game over in Japan and scream outloud "FINAL FANTASY SUCKS" just to see what happens. ;)

I always wanted to move to or visit Japan. I thought about going overseas to teach, but I had too much fun doing it with Americorps. Have fun and congrats!

I guess the selfish thing to say is that my birthday is the 25th, it would be an awesome present. But that's secondary, have fun in Nippon.

I hope you do nothing for me while in Japan, have a great a fulfilling life-love those around you- make the most of your experiences-- and get some gaming in!

It would be cool to win your games, but I hope that you have a blast in the heart of Video gaming!

The irony is indeed bitter. You'll have all kinds of time to work on the CAG site...but you won't be able to play any of your own videogames. O. Henry couldn't have done much better.

Ok, my suggestions.

1. Find the company that makes those USB thumb drives that look like fresh sushi, convince them that the market is ripe for a thumb drive that resembles a Big Mac.

2. Now that you'll have more time to devote to the CAG site, take us back to the day when the front page pulled out all the latest hot deals from the forum on a daily basis. I already spend WAY too much time dredging the forums at Anandtech, FatWallet, etc. lookig for for game deals.

Have a safe trip. Be sure to post photos of bizarre Japanese cultural findings!

I was lucky enough to go to Japan a couple years ago. I came back with my suitcase and carry-on stuffed full of video games. :D

I'd like to see a site with pictures of weird arcade games. I remember seeing a "walk the dog" game complete with treadmill when I was there.

Random Fact about japan.
Kansai International Airport in Osaka, Japan is built on an entirely man made island, and has to be raised constantly to keep it from going under sea level. and it looks really cool.

Congrats to Mrs. CheapyD for the new job.

Hey CheapyD, I just want to wish you and the Mrs. lots of luck in Japan. You know, Japan is the home of the newest technology, as well as the Nissan Skyline R33 GTR. Oh, and as for your games and other items, I would be happy to know that I won them the day before my birthday, 10/25 (oh yes, you can look it up). That package would be an awesome birthday present. All I want to see when you get to Tokyo is the local's reaction as you greet them dressed up as George W. Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back