CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Honestly I think the best thing for you to do in Tokyo is grab a great beer, sit near the water and just enjoy the incredibly view I am sure you will have to enjoy!

Japan sounds like a nice place to go sightseeing. I suggest that at sometime in the future, you take a bullet train to Kyoto and go sightseeing at places like Kyoto Imperial Palace, Kinkakuji, Heian Shrine, Kyoto Station, Ginkakuji, Walk of Philosophy, etc. You could do that or you could find a town that closely resembles Ryo's hometown in Shenmue and take pictures. :)

I wish you good luck and hope that you have a good time in Japan, CheapyD.

Once in Japan, the D should go on a covert mission to take photos of the final fantasy room in the Square Enix store. All of which can either be posted on the site or mailed directly to Darin. Also: Japan is the best. I want your games. rofl. etc.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this before... but you should go out and buy girls' panties from a vending machine and take a pic of you, the panties, and the vending machine. Anyways, good luck over there!

Congrats on the job. Japan has looked awesome from pics people have shown me when they were there. Whoever wins this is one lucky dude, it would be nice if it was me though for a change since I nevere win these types of contests.

When your in Japan can you write on one of those paper walls Cheapy PWNs and punch the wall so it rips and take a pic of it? That is something I always wanted to do . I have always wanted to punch a wall and either make a big hole or break it but these concrete ones in the US hurt too much to give them a good punch without seriously hurting my arm or damaging it.

(wow long thread already, very impressive)
Title: Post Apocalyptic Cheap Ass Gamer (promo posters would have pictures of Pacman and the initials PACAG)
I would like to see a movie with the above title of CheapyD that opens with him just playing a little Burnout: Revenge in Tokyo. Pan on Cheapy, then Pan on the screen. Then zoom into the screen and zoom back out, but this time it's Wombat playing Burnout Revenge in NYC. Pan out to Wombat. Turns out they're both playing Burnout on XBox Live. Additionally they both have Skype going and are talking/recording on Wombat's laptop mic. Turns out in addition to playing they're recording CAGcast #11. The major topic would be CD and W's different perspectives on the Xbox 360 which had just released. In a surprising turn of events, unlike most Japanese residents opinion of Xbox-related things, Cheapy loves the Xbox, which he snagged just before leaving the states, while Wombat despises it and again repeats everybody should run out and get a DS if you don't already have one. Then the movie would fade out as the CAGcast ended with the soundtrack of Bill Murray singing More Than Words from Lost in Translation.

-Preemptive Factualy Discrepancy:since I still haven't bought Xbox LIVe, I have no idea if such connections between Tokyo and NYC are possible. Anyways, you could do some easy camera tricks and make it appear as such.
-Best of luck in Tokyo, Cheapy.

Nice package....The games I mean.
Love this site. I'm interested to see what expansions may take place (and what type of sister site may be opening in the future). As everyone else can testify to -- I started visiting cheapassgamer because of the deals. Ahh...saving money, getting the games for cheaper....and now I've end up spending more money on games that I had previously....
Of course, had I acquired the same number of games without the aid of this wonderful place, I would have appointments scheduled for my thumbs to be broken among other things....

Hmmmm....let's see, a CheapyD CAG stunt in Tokyo...

How about see if you can get someone to make you an XBOX logo sushi roll, something black with the green "X" in the middle. Or even go for the XBOX 360 logo...Aw screw it, go all out and see how many different game logo sushi rolls you can get made! Dreamcast, XBOX, PS, GC, etc., etc...

BTW: Contrats on the opportunity. Have fun in Japan.

Hmm many games to win from to go tokyo, cheapy pee'ing by a dont pee in public sign, someone picture taking this. would be intrestring.

I would want Cheapy D to find the department store where nakamura-san put up his first coin op horsey (eventually this coin-op biz would become namco) and ride any coin-op horses or trains or whatever are on hand...

Once again, good luck with the move to you and the Mrs. as well.

If anything, I would check out the toy stores they have there, as I've been waiting years for some toys to be released here. Aside from anime, they get a lot of video game schwag we never see.

And some of the Cons they have there :drool:.

congratulations on the new job. now you will have to learn japanese, damn that's gonna be difficult. good luck...and nice stack of games you got there :)

Hope its an easy transition for you. Ive wanted to visit japan since i was about 5 but I'll never probably get to do it :(

It'll be cool if you could try to find deals in japan. But since they dont even sell used games I think your going to have it rough.

Just remember that me and the other people around the NYC area could always grab something you need and ship it to ya.

I just started Radio Tech school for the next 2 years and Im already broke. Some of them sweet ass games could hold me over for quite a while :D

the obligatory "congratulations on the new job" greeting

and as what the contest requirement

I would wish for cheapyD to investigate whether the contents of this video is a new yet disturbing trend in japan...

[Warning the following link is Absolutely not safe for work!! NSFW]
hxxp://www.filecabi.net/host/file/1120576707/wmv
[Warning the previous link is Absolutely not safe for work!! NFSW]

MODs: I will remove (or please remove) my post if it is deemed too offensive

but alt text/contest entry text

please help me track down a copy of Rakugaki Showtime and CArd Fighter Clash 2 Expand Edition

@Munch, Hilarious entry

but CheapyD hope the move goes smoothly and good luck

I'd love to hear about the creative Japanese games that don't get released in the US. For every Katamari Damacy that makes it across the pond, there are a bunch of cool, quirky games that we never see. Happy trails, Cheapy D!

Cool contest. I don't own most of those games, but it'd be worth it just for the swag alone.

Anyway, just try not to go crazy running in and out of all the awesome electronics stores in Akihabara! ^_^;

I would like to see CheapyD pick me randomly out of all these other folks to win his games. (my game collection sucks) :cry:

might as well drop my name into the entry, thats a lotta good stuff. i got nothing witty to say about your move or about japan, but i am like so many jealous. enjoy living in japan on my behalf...

While in Japan, you should go to Kyoto, sneak in to Nintendo of Japan using your raccoon-like cheapy stealth, then hotwire and drive (yes, I know it's building) the whole thing back to the states.

Seriously though, good luck in Japan.

After you move, you can give us reports on the comparison of game deal in the US ans Japan. Do they have the same clearance sales at Cirkitu Cityu?

You lucky (cheap) bastard. ;)

I'd like to see ya find really cheap Japanese deals. Sure, you'd be rubbing it in our face a bit - but it would be cool to see the price differences, what games hit rock bottom over there, etc.

Whatever ya do, have fun & good luck! :)

What an incredible and generous fellow Cheapy is, his incredible generosity is incredible... and generous. I'd like to see him post a shady low-res cameraphone video of himself molesting people on the subway. I understand that's commonplace in Japan.

Wow,

Thinking about Cheapy amusing me with a stunt in Japan seems too easy. There are too many possibliities. I would really like to see Cheapy dress in a red plumber's suit with a red hat, grow a red mustache, and run around Japan jumpin on all their turtles.

Follow up with a gracious "Fogiwaness, prease" when shocked observers gasp.

Please buy underwear out of a vending machine and take a picture of it. Then after you do that please post it on the website! That will be great!
Thank You,
Neil Sahene

Hey CheapyD. I also live in NY, I always figured we might have met up at some type of well user meet up in the city. Good luck in Japan, I've always wanted to go there and actually might make a trip this summer with a Japanophile and one of my friends that speaks Japanese. I'm interested in the T-Shirt, that's really it, I hope you have a medium.

-Thanks,
TCM

Cheapy, you should learn Japanese and get a job doing voice-overs for American anime dubs. Maybe that's just my addiction for CAGcasts talking.

Climb the Tokyo Tower with an flag of the United States... once you get to the top, proceed to wave the flag and begin singing the National Anthem.

Honestly though, good luck and best wishes.

GREAT MOUNDS OF OLYMPUS, that is a nice prize Cheapy! That is quite generous of you.. now if there was only a Xbox 360 hidden behind those games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back