CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I cant believe
Cheapy D moving away from NYC
Be careful Tokyo natives aint that friendly
I posted this to bid a good trip to the man behind CAG
but also because your games and schwag are pretty tempting
I would like to see Cheapy cosplay like them Japanese RPG fiends
Or dispense some crazy shit from them vending machines
But before I leave gotta say congrats to Mrs. Cheapy D for landing that J-O-B
Guess we finally get to see who wears the pants in the family
Im just joking, you know me
This is Verbal saying PEACE from Brooklyn, NYC

P.S.
You might wanna take cautious procedures
While watching tv before you catch a seizure

I would like to see a sister site of CheapD
signing the latest musical hits in a karaoke bar.
Since karaoke is really big over there.

I would like to see CheapD act out scenes from
the first Shenmue video Game. Have fun buying all
those zippo lighters, buying vitual fighter Figurines, and asking
people in bars have you seen any sailors?

You are one lucky guy. I'd love to visit Japan sometime, but I don't know if I could live there permanently. Best of luck to you and the Mrs. with this big new change!

Tokyo's not a bad place! Look for places called "Hard Off" (discount store) to buy discounted games and gaming supplies. (not a joke...the store is called Hard Off)

Plenty to do, with places like Sega World (huge arcade) and Akihibara (electronic district in Tokyo) to see. Akihibara has plenty of discount EVERYTHING electronic, and can usually be haggled over.

Keep a good message board going, giving a run down of the culture you see over there, everything from the t-short and underwear vending machines to the culture's fascination with the latest and greatest gadgets.

cheapyd, go show japanese people how to grow taller. and say hi to jackie chan. i don't care if he's chinese. tell him hi anyways.

oh my gosh, my sons are game FREAKS! this would be a christmas they'd never forget! i can usually only afford a couple at a time but 30 ????

i think you should post some pics when you get over there and maybe play a japanese trivia game with us or maybe post something in japanese and have us guess what it is!

I want to see CheapyD dress up in a domo-kun costume like this once he goes to Japan and possibly do a little jig like this.
domokun.gif

I've always wanted to see Japan!
Thanks for creating such a wonderful site, adn I am glad you will continue it in Japan! Thank you for the amazing opportunity to win such a great prize.

And good luck to all the CAG's who post!

Awesome. You should totally cosplay. if you do, make sure it is something totally rad, such as Karnov or a Puyo. Bonus points for a Phoenix Wright costume, where you can just run around pointing at people and screaming "OBJECTION!".

Also, send Pocky.

Sounds like an exciting new start. Hmmm I guess I should list some tasks and difference about Japan kinda hard since I've never been there. I do know some tadbits and have google with me... Hope my miniature guide helps

In a new country you're gonna have to do lots of things to get yourself started.

1)Language

Wow thats one heck of a prize!!
Count me in for a chance to win...

That must be one great offer if you won't have to work Cheapy...
I would like to see maybe a monthly (or whenever) givaway of an import game.
Since you would be in Japan...hey its an idea.

Well, I was at the airport in tokyo once and won a Pokemon "charmander" out of a video game. Charmander did not say "char char" as I expected but squeeked out some Japanese that I can only hope translates into "Charmander" or "Give me your immortal soul".

I have lots of room to "adopt" the new games as I have finally let my video game habit spill over into its own room.

As for CheapyD? You could tell me what "Charmander" is in Japanese because all I got out of it was FWEEEWAAAMAPAPA.

Anon good fellows! Anon ~

Hey, it's not like I have all the time in the world. I don't have much time to play every single games (or just try out even), but I do like to have them, just to have them. You don't have to worry if I play them too hard, get smudge, scratch or abuse them. So, your games are safe with me. If you want it back when you get back, ... uh... we can share then (or, I just ask people on this forum to do a vote whether I should share with you ... :) )

Anyhow, count me in, and good luck in Japan! Be well and prosper.
Me.

I have too few games for PS2 as it is...I would like to have a chance at winning the ones you're offering in hopes of adding to my meager collection.

Enjoy Japan.

Oh man, 87 pages. Well, I've got as good a chance as anyone else. Put my name in the hat. That is if there is a hat.

Japan = awesome. Besides the fact that my girlfriend got me a Thee Michelle Gun Elephant CD and a Domo-kun plush when she went over there to visit her grandparents.

I think CheapyD should take a walk on the wild side and have a chef prepare him some fugu.

By the way, have a great time in Tokyo. I know I would love to at least visit there some day.

Before you leave, watch Lost in Translation for a quickie intro to Japanese culture. Plus a glance at the video games that are popular there!

Good luck to all

Wow. Guess this was what it took to finally get me out of the trolling mode and "legitimate". ;)

Japan is a great chain of islands...almost like the Philippines (no bias. never!) ;)

I would love for Cheapy D to visit TGS and other big game events, and let us know whats up and coming.

Or even meet/make some new CAGs in Japan.

P.S. Have fun in Japan!

I reckon you should eat sushi on a DDR machine whilst attracting many Japanese schoolgirls to stand around you.

Mmm.

Yes.

Japan (Japanese: 日本, Nihon or Nippon) is a country on the western edge of the Pacific Ocean. Known as the "Land of the Rising Sun", Japan lies to the east of the Asian continent, and is composed of over 3,000 islands. The largest and main islands are, from north to south, Hokkaidō, Honshū (the largest island), Shikoku, and Kyūshū. The Ryukyu Islands, including Okinawa, are southwest of the main islands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan :)

Just had some good as food from Sarku Japan today, makes me want to move as well! Thanks for the awesome site, it was fun racing on Forza the few times I did with you all. Hope all goes well and you settle in nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back