CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

When you go to Japan, Save up brother becuase a pizza is $50! I know your a podio superstar now, but a few cheese and peps will definatly set you back.

Arkham

Something about Japan? Japan's area is 145,842 square miles. It's highest elevation is Mount Fuji at 12,389 ft. There are 47 prefectures (something like states here in the US, or provinces in Canada). To say "My name is ___" you say "Watakushi no namae wa ___ desu."

Hope i win ur games Cheapy!

I recently got back from a month in Japan...great place to visit but it will take a lot of getting used to!

If you are over 6 ft. tall you will get a lot of stares and attention everywhere you go, and lots of cute girls (and old men and everyone else will try to practice talking English to you)

oh and even if you live there 30 years they will never accept you as anything but an outsider - i have friends who live there and they have lots of bad stories, along with wonderful adventures.

good luck to you (and to me, hope I win some games!)

Dave D

Sweet Contest man. hope its a good job you got man. and i hope to win the contest because i love the games on it but i love even more the ps one game on the list.

I'm in. And you should definitely dress up as a samurai once you get there and go around chopping people's heads off. Good luck in Japan!

CheapyD, I would simply like for you to walk the streets of that great country and not collapse a sinus from the sheer power of denying your urge to yell that you're turning Japanese, you think you're turning Japanese, you really think so.

I'd like to make sure that you buy beer and panties out of a vending machine--at least once. Or twice. Or whatever it takes to get the thrill of buying wierd things out of a vending machine out of your system.

edit// neonglow beat me to it by mere seconds. dang.

You should look up some of the experimental technologies over there. See if any of them are in actual practice. Well till next time, James.

*posts*

Count Me in

when you do go to Japan, I'd like to see you go into one of those BIG arcade stores
I heard they are as big as department stores

I'd like to see you import rare games from the U.S. and get a Japanese system modded to be able to play them so as to impress your new neighbors and countrymen.

Japan is a wonderful place, best of luck there.

Have a great time out in Japan! Make sure you give us detailed reports and pictures from all the gaming stores that feature all the new, the classic and the strange video games of Japan!

Sweet!

84% of Japanese practice Shinto and Buddhism as a religion. I know this because I just had a big project on the religion of Shinto.

Once you get settled in Tokyo, I'd like you to celebrate by going out for drinks and consequently becoming so intoxicated that you wake up in a laundry machine the next morning having thought it was a capsule hotel.

Pretty cool that you're moving to japan. I suggest you pick up on either the record scene or toy scene there since they have some awesome stuff in both categories!

The best place in Japan is Tokyo
you can meet all the hot girls Ayumi Hamasaki!!
be an Otaku.
and eat all the noodles you want every day!!
Having all those games and stuff would be pretty cool.
Japan is the best i been there before and you should eat some Unagi and the noodles best stuff there.

Yo Cheapy D.. I think you should give me your collection .. plus I'm a newbie on this sight, and a young cheapassgamer apprentice, so what better way to turn me into the ultimate cheapo, by giving me your stuff and not having me to spend red dime.

Im a big Zelda fan, so this is what I think you should do in Japan. You should rent out a small brown boat, dress in a green elf hat/elf ears/elf cloak, and go fishing in the seas of Japan. Catch a nice size fish and bite its head off. Talk about SUSHI! This will surely fill your heart count.

GO CHEAPY! GO!

I just think it is cool that you are going over there because Japan is a pimp place to be. Plus, with you being able to work on the site full time, that will make this site even pimper than possibly imagine.

I think CheapyD should take pictures of hot Japanese women rubbing oil all over his head.

The one on his shoulders. He's married you sickos.

I would very much love to see you posing with pretty much anybody from the Tokyo Game Show. I don't care if it's Mario, Sonic, or the Dead or Alive girls (maybe the Choro Q or Ridge Racer girls if they're still around) - I just want to see somebody posing with them (or heck, just get pictures...it's all I ask).

My wife's Japanese and hopefully she'd like some of those games and then play them wife me :)

Oh.. and once you get moved to Tokyo, she can hook you up with one of her beautiful sisters! ;)

I hope you fall in love with your new home in Japan and when Mrs. Cheapy isn't looking, you can secretly sample the delights the vivid night-life of Japan has to offer to an adventurous American, and try some............"sushi."

I would love to have your games and make no mistake my brothers/friends and I would get a lot of playtime out of those babies!

Have a fun and safe trip to Japan. :pray:

If I win I will keep the xbox games and give the rest away to fellow CAG's for free. :mrgreen: But sorry no :shipfree:

Sushi! Eat alot of Sushi! Been to Japan and the Sushi there is a 100 times better. There good here but not Japan good.

Careful of the sushi or fish call "Fubu!" Don't dare trying eating it. If prepare improperly you could die!

I have family in Japan; Mitakashi. and I loved Lost in Translation.

I'd like to see a picture of CheapyD walking around downtown with a shirt that read '#1 CAG!"

My kids would go balistic for all of those games. Japan ey? Well at least it aint china(used to joke about how they didn't have alot of kitty cats)but yet they had alotta chicken. J/k
and then meow when i walked past one of the multiple chinese buffets..Haha! Enjoy Your move!

I'm in! Can't find Karaoke Revolution anywhere...

Um..While in Japan..sit through an evening of Japanese men singing old samuri songs out of tune..which seem to have no tune to begin with..without passing out, swallowing your own tongue etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back