CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Moving to Japan sounds pretty awesome. I have always wanted to take a trip over there and check out all the sites, be sure to post pictures of where you live and any cool places around there.

First post is trying to win your games, shame on me I know.

Have fun over there man.

This would be a great 1st contest win, since the past 2 years worth of contests that I've entered seem to have eluded me. And Cheapy has got to dress up as Godzilla and get some Japanese people to freak out. A little camera trickery, since you're so tall would make it easy for you to look enormous against the small people of Japan, minus Sumo wrestlers. Have a safe trip Cheapy, sayonara!

Well hope you have a good life in japan! remember to drink sapporo! Eat plenty of sushi! And bask in the glow of all the coolest japan games ever made!! send info all the good ones! Good luck! Sayounara!

What do you move to Japan for? Oh, i get it. You to defefct to Japan, don't ya? Bringing all the secret CAG info with you (shit, this MGS3 stuff is really eating me).

I'd like you to settle something once your there. Is the Top Ramen there the same as the Top Ramen here! Also I'd like to win...

Good luck to you in Japan, it will give you a life-changing viewpoint on gaming if you're heavily into Japanese games, especially those that never get released here.

Area 51 in your collection, in particular caught my interest because a friend of mine would love it... plus it's a good overall collection. Congrats to whoever that wins the bundle.

Wow I have always wanted to try living in Japan. I'm sure you will have a great time! Looking forward to reports of the Japan gaming scene!

Probably already been said (long thread), but you'd better make sure you check out the history of the house you're staying in. i.e. make sure there weren't any murder/suicides there, people mysteriously dying, etc. Just to be on the safe side.

I would like to win your games because I already own copies of several titles, in which case I would auction the rest and add the earnings into my Child's Play donation.

Wow, thanks for this chance to win the games!

Obligatory Japan info.. erm... uhm..... 'ohio' isn't a state, it's a greeting. ;) (ok, bad, I know!) I have 2 friends who've been in the past year and they loved it, and I have another friend who lives there and wants out.. (although she's Japanese and just is tired and wants a change in scenery!! :) )

Take some photos where we bombed them.

Enjoy Japan, you may want to get a multi-region player since DVD's are usually expensive at least the legal ones.

Good luck in Japan Cheapy, hope everything goes well for you. I would like to see you update us on new tech\games by breaking in covert style, to not just one one of the major companies, but all of them.

I would like to see you in one of those communal pools they have in Japan, just hanging out with lots of other people taking a bath, and maybe dressed up as a geisha afterwards.

In the October issue of Play magazine there is an article about gaming mecca, Akihabara. In the article their is a mention of a place called Mister Donut. Supposedly this place is the bomb. How about a picture of big D outside Mister Donut and perhaps a review of the joint?

- DaPh

i would like you to play a game of colinial diplomacy while in japan with a bet that if you win you get to win your games back.

Just make sure you show some restraint while you're there, bro. It's easy to blow your wad in Akihabara with all the cheap-ass games -- my first trip, I picked up a mint Super Metroid for $8, among about $200 worth of deals. But you're going to be living there, so pace yourself. Enjoy the abundance of curry places, Pocari Sweat, and teen girls in plaid skirts. Enjoy the super-efficient subway system, too.

Please write about your experiences, as we all find other cultures fascinating. Best of luck to you and the woman. I hope living there suits you, and you find even more happiness in a new land. Show 'em that us Gaijin know our stuff and are cool cats, too.

Once in Japan you must send pics of you with various hotties. The games will lessen my sorrow of how lucky you are to move there.

Grats on the new adventure Cheapy.

If I won your games, I think I would pass them around upon completion with other cags in spirit of what you started.

Eat some sushi for me.

Thanks for the awesome contest. My friend is a junior at the University of Vermont and is going to study abroad in the Spring so if he had already went I would have some good ideas as to what to do. Make sure to let us know how it is and what the culture is really like.

When you're in Japan CheapyD maybe you could scope out the cheap import game scene and start up something where you pick up games for us on the cheap? I've heard about games people spend tons of money on in the states going for peanuts on Japanese shelves

xbox games would be less than worthless in Japan, so I'll happily take them off your hands. :) Hook it up!

Tell Ms. Cheapy, "Nihongo wa itai desu." with a sad face and get a hug.

I would like to see you rock out to Mambo Chicken in Akiharaba wearing a cowboy outfit as ninjas give you sweat-flavored soda. And the idea about cheapy-import deals would be cool.

Go to a John Stamos show in Japan. I hear he is a huge star over there and tours for a few weeks every year.

I don't exactly know what he performs, but hey, they love him!

First, you need to go to every japanese gamer in the country and yell DRAGON WARRIOR SUCKS!!! then run away as you are chased away by a bunch of angry japanese people wielding kendo sticks. And you must do this dressed as Cloud from FFVII..

Then, while you're running, yell back, "Grand Theft Auto is the greatest game in the history of gaming" and that Microsoft makes the best video game systems.

-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back