CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

What a genius way to increase the member count for CAG.
When you get to Japan, you should make a short video clip of you playing the guitar Bemani games.

I'd like to see you run through the streets of Tokyo dressed as a member of Sailor Moon.

One of the guys, obviously. Ahem.

1st!

edit: damn

Something you can do for my amusement while you are in Japan.......

Get CAG15 to work at Play-asia.com!!

how's it goin' cheapyD?, winning your games would be really cool, cause i could be all like "hey, look, i won cheapyD's games". i would love to go to tokyo, just to smell the smell's of tokyo, and maybe go to that Harajuku place and check out the gothic asian female delight's.....if ya know what i mean.

Man winning thos egames would be more fun that seeing you start a TV show where young men crossdress and try to seduce middle aged japanese businessmen just for laughs.

i would like to see CheapyD in Japan running around sreaming prime ribs are after me, with a pink wig on , short pants, and ragady old shirt and shoes, then pull out a boom box and blast it up playing the katamari theme music.

Usefull info about Tokyo: While in the Tokyo subway system during rush hour, you will be pushed into the cars by nice people with white gloves. If, perchance, you get your . . . bottom . . . grabbed, yell "skebe" (slurred to match how it would sound). It means "pervert" and people will know to help you and arrest the person. It's apparently a common problem.

I would like to see CheapyD send me free games after I post this first and possibly last post on the Cheap Ass Gamer forum. Then I would ask him if he could hear the CAG fanboys crying about it all the way in Tokyo. :eek:

My wife has been to Japan. Meanwhile, I got a C in Japanese and quickly switched to Latin.

Count me in as entered.

Hey, CheapyD! While your in Tokyo play Dance Dance Revolution on the sidewalk. They have a big screen on top of a building that shows everyone what you're doing so don't mess up.:)

I heard a round of golf in Japan can cost easily $100 just because the land is so expensive. And also, the courses are super narrow because they don't have enough room for doglegs and a lot of rough. How interesting would that be?

hello

To bad you can't bring em to tokyo with ya. i hope i will win. im not demanding like other people here, not on this forum i meen. Hope you make a good choice.

so can you speak Japanese? I can. I'am not yet fluent though. i say ビデオゲームが大好きです。

日本が大好きです!!私はアメリカの人です。どうして日本へ行きますか?じゃ、さようなら チピデイ。

さようなら、貴方の友達。。。ゾンビ_X

I would love to win your games and swag it would be a nice way to wrap up my vacation. Once your in Tokyo it would be nice to see lots of swag from Japan in contest form on CAG! Any how have fun in Tokyo!

enjoy the "land of the rising sun." watch your back, but do your best to immerse yourself in their culture. do not take the attitude that you're an american and better than them. i've seen a lot of people try that when i was stationed overseas, and they had a miserable time.

Grats on the job!

Enter me please... I would love to win, especially since I have none of the games listed already, and christmas has already drained my purse dry :p

While you are in Japan take advantage of buying the game magazines as they are extremely up-to-date. My personal favorite was Arcadia (the coin-op magazine). Comes with a free poster and has all the newest arcade games.

Definitely hit the arcades as they are everywhere and the environment and skill level is way different from the American arcades (even in their hey-day)

Make sure you also go to Family Mart or other convenience stores (called Konbini) and buy onigiris and zarusobas. Japan also has some of the best instant noodles if you want a quick eal. Also find a great Ramen store ASAP. Great Ramen can be found for around 6-8 dollars US. Humongous american-sized bowls filled with pure awesomeness.

Please visit Osaka and preferably the Kobe area as they differ from Tokyo (definitely more relaxed than crowded Tokyo).

Have fun!

Japan is not spelled J-E-P-N-U.
Winning the games and swag would be awesome because I'm good at sharing and would let my friends and nephews have a very cheap ass xmas with me.
I would like to see CheapyD dress up as Honey, the pink katamari damacy cousin, and roll around a giant katamari in a game store in Japan.

Once you're all settled, you could start up your own restaurant where the only dish you serve is garbage plates.

[quote name='Misty Dawn']Grats on the job!

Enter me please... I would love to win, especially since I have none of the games listed already, and christmas has already drained my purse dry :p[/QUOTE]

LOL, you said "Enter me please".

I'd like to see Cheapy dress up as the hot Japanese school girl I know he is. Pigtails, sailor suit, loose socks - yeah, baby.

I got something good for you Cheapy! You should post the winners name here in Japanese. Sure some might get it right a way, but if they didn't share it could take a while for someone to find out they won...hahahahaha. Well that coverd the "Japan" and "What I would like to see you do". As for your games I hope to win, but if I don't it is all good. I hope they go to a deserving member who will give them a great home. Good luck and continuous success over there in Japan. Thanks for this site and thanks for contest. One last thing, because I didn't find it in the forum, why are you moving? I'm guessing it is for a sweet job, but wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back