CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Japan is best for anime, I would like to win this contest. CheapyD should use one of those Japanese vending machines that sells used underwears.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

*whimper*

CheapyD,
I wish you nothing but the best over there in Tokyo, but I would love nothing more than winning your games. Here's something I would like u to do....find some good NY STYLE pizza over in Tokyo. Good Luck, man! And don't forget us folks here in the US!

It would be awesome if you could get cool Japanese video game swag (like toys and special controllers and stuff) and then give them away in CAG contests.

Japan is a pretty nice country (very polite people). I lived there for six years, a few in Tokyo and most of it on Okinawa in the Ryukyu island chain. Be warned, their King Size or Up Size food in fast food joints are like our small. Just to let you know.

Congrats on moving to Japan man. I'd consider it myself, but I'm not really a big-city kind of guy. That's a pretty good stack of games you're parting with, but I notice there's a severe lack of Gamecube games in the selection. They're just too much fun to part with, huh? Also, while you're in Japan, you have but one mission: to re-enact every scene from Shenmue, in their entirety, including searching through the stupid drawers.

------------------------------------------------------
. . . so long and thanks for all the fish

Holy cow, congrats to Mr. and Mrs. CheapyD! I just told Mrs. Paean and she is soooooo jealous that you guys are moving to Japan! We visited there about 8 months ago and it was the best place ever! We will definitely go back to Japan in a few years.

I am definitely looking forward to what you can come up with in Japan! Thanks for everything as always.

GL on the move to Japan. When you get there Id definately like to see you hold CAG contests for some of the cooler gaming toys they have there that we never get in NA.

I would like to see Cheapy D go to the hottest arcade in Japan, and show the natives how Americans can bust it out in F-Zero AX (Only in Japan damn it!).

Nicko

One thing I would like to see you do is to try a different types of food that most Americans would find unique/strange/disgusting. Why? Because most people eat the same type of food every day. People become creatures of habit an do not try to expand their horizons. Sure it may not look like you would be expanding your horizons. But food is a basic human need something we all have in common. Every time you try a new dish, that is the expression of the culture an the person that created it. How is this to my amusement. You may make me laugh I you try something that really throws you for a loop.

this is waesome i hope i win and also its cool that CheapyD is going to Japan cause Japan is awesome and the center of the video game industry. :D

I would like to see a Cheap ass gamer reality program, what is it really like to be a cheap ass in japan? dangerous? erotic? crazy? or just fun? who knows, we'll find out this fall on........Cheap All The Time, Japan Edition

Good luck in Japan, gaijin.

Here's some japanese for you:
Neko = Cat, Abonai! = Watch out!

Thats all I remember right now. Its the devil's language.

Take a picture of you playing streetfighter in the arcade. Paint red stripes on your head and wea some bracelets and a loin cloth.

That would be hotttt

yogggggggggga fire!

Nice spread Mr. D! I bet you got all them games for under 100 bucks didn't you :).
Anyway, best of luck in Tokyo. You'll miss the good ole USA in no time!

Have fun! If I win then I'll have a lot of games........but no consoles for em! I'll start saving immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmediately!

Ooooooooooooooh.... I wanna go to Japan --- to smell the sweet lotus blossoms or enjoy a winter heat spa.... lucky bastard.... that makes me sad that I can't go. A few extra video games would make me feel a little better :booty:

Ahh... dammit, I have no chance... would be lovely to win though.

Have fun in tokyo... enjoy being able to get systems and games before us folks still in america.

Cheapy should get in full body/face outfit of different video game characters that the Japs love and run around scaring the hell out of them all. Then they wouldn't like the characters anymore, and we could get more games with them over here, without importing them all!

I don't think I'm getting that prize bundle, since I never win anything, like so many other people, but why not post something anyway...!

I'd like to see pictures of CheapyD attending one of those clubs where some of the people paint themselves almost entirely in black, and then their lips and top eyelids white. I heard about this phenomenon in Japanese class.

oh man i just bought an xbox and those games would be a good start! anyways, congratz on going to japan. its really great there, but i guess you already know that ^^. well seeya!

I would like to see CheapyD pull an "Oldboy" and walk into a Tokyo restaurant, eat a live squid, and chew it all down, and pass out on the floor.

oldboy-20051005020106873-000.jpg

:bouncy:

Man, I would MOVE to Japan just to have all those games! Thanks for the site, being in the Japanese culture will really give your stuff a kick. Try the store Tohoku Hero. That is a good place to start your new collection of games!

You should get surgery in Tokyo to become Japanese like Sean Connery did as James Bond; when you come out of the surgery room Mrs. CheapyD can play "I think I'm turning Japanese."

id want to see you drift! that would be awesome! if not, go cosplaying.. that would amuse us for months!! i bet ud make headlines here in CAG!!

Since ur going to tokyo, theres two places u definately gotta go.
First is:Tokyo Disneyland

iconStar5_5.gif
(based on 2 member reviews)
spacer.gif
1-1 Maihama
Urayasu City, Japan 279-8511
+81 (0)45 683 3777 ( Type: Great Outdoors > Day Trips and Walks
dot.gif
General Information
Close
General Information
Opened in 1983, Tokyo Disneyland was the first Disney theme park located outside the United States. Centered around Cindarella Castle, the 80-hectare facility features 47 attractions located in seven different themed lands, which are World Bazaar, Adventureland, Westernland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Toontown and Tomorrowland. In addition there are 53 dining facilities and 60 different shops. Over 260 million people have visited Tokyo Disneyland attesting to its enduring popularity. Here you will meet Mickey Mouse and all the other lovable Disney characters.Admission: One-day pass, JPY5,500; junior JPY4,800; child JPY3,700.

AND:
Shinjuka Bunka Cinema 1, 2, 3, 4

iconStar4_5.gif
(based on 1 member review)
spacer.gif
3-13-3 Shinjuku
Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo, Japan
+81 (0)3 3354 2097 Type: Movies > Cinemas
dot.gif
General Information Close
General Information
This cinema complex consists of four theaters, two full-sized seating about 400, and two mini theaters seating 56 and 62. The two larger theaters show the latest blockbusters from Hollywood while the two mini theaters present Japanese and foreign classics. The first show usually starts at 11:15am in the week and 9.15am on weekends and holidays. The last show starts at 7pm. Alcoholic drinks as well as the usual cinema snacks are available.Ticket prices: JPY1,800

when u get to tokyo disneyland, i wanna see u get on this!:

summer_tds_ph11.jpg
642559-Shinjuku-Tokyo1.jpg

I could use some free games to satisfy my 5 year old son's video game obsession. I used to be able to get by with demo cd's which seemed like 10 games to him. He is now old enough to know that he wants to play the full games. He keeps asking me when I will buy all the full games for the demos we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back