CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Damn, I'm envious....Tokyo!

Just imagine - Akihabara is the electronics sellers district of Tokyo. You'll have access to all that great new stuff before we will. I hear a lot of stuff about this area from co-workers who get to go via my company. I was unlucky enough not to get to go. Maybe this is why I should win the games? ;)

While there don't forget to shop the 100 yen stores. Bargains to be had, to be sure.

Also remember the Japanese are big on vending machines. They sell al kind of things too - coffee, rice, vegetables, and drinks. Just remember to drink that can of soda at the machine. Anything else would be impolite.

Japanese toilets also leave something to be desired. You'll see what I mean (and if you played Shenmue you'll know what I mean).

No matter what enjoy yourself. Sounds like your in for the trip of your life!

[quote name='commish']I would like to see Cheapy D dress up as a video game character, like many other people in Tokyo do.[/QUOTE]

You mean cosplay? They don't do that on purpose you know...

Hey, that's really awesome, man. Good luck to ya.

(Oh, and you should definitely enter every DDR tournament you can and play absolutely horribly on purpose. The look on their faces would be priceless [Like the price of free stuff {wink, wink}].)

I just recently got a ps1, so winning your games for xbox, gamecube and ps2 will continue my cheap ass trend of being a step behing the times once the next gen consoles come out.

Long time reader, new register... Good for you man... I love Japan and I've been dying to go myself. I love the history, culture, and I LOVEEEE SAMURAIs.

You should do one of two things, buy me an authentic Samurai sword or better yet... dress up like one or a geisha and sing that song (can't remember the title) that they sang in the old Chipmunks cartoon ... Three little maids is part of the chorus.. in the middle of Tokyo. And of course film it and post it.\\:D/

[quote name='munch']I would like to see CheapyD take a photo making a peace sign while in Japan. No one there does that![/QUOTE]

LOL. I second that.

w0000t have a great time in Japan.

While you are there I would love to see you attempt to give away an XBox to someone actually in a video game store. Hmmmm maybe they will accept it as a paper weight there.

(will our friends to the East ever love the XBox as we do??)

Hmmmm, if I got your games, they will be played a good amount. If I don't own the system, I'll make sure someone who does gets them...for a price >D

Also in Japan, I'd like to see CheapyD cosplay as any videgame character, and have that character cosplay in a Japanese school girl outfit. Come on! I know everyone is rooting for this idea.

I've loved that Outpostnine.com site, those tales of japan are great reading. CheapyD, you should do an investigation of Japanese "Kancho" players.

Maybe you can pull a Tom Green and offer forks to everyone. Either that or get a Pachinko addiction and go to rehab and let everyone watch your melt down.

I'd say find one of those cement embankments around a lightpole and skate round and round for hours at a time tony hawk 3 style.

oh and give me your games.

~b

[quote name='CheapyD']Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo. [/QUOTE]
image9xb.jpg

I would like to see you with a shaved head posing as your avatar while on a busy japanese street surrounded by pedestrians. YOU CAN DO IT!

CHEAPY! dress up as a geisha girl and visit every game shop possible. or challenge someone in DDR in the geisha outfit. that would be awesome. oh and if possible post pics of the boonga boonga arcade game if you see it.

I want to see CheapyD buy 4 different flavors of Kit Kat including Green Tea, since Japan has like 20 different kinds.

I want to see you spend all of your money on those gapshakon machines(toy vending machines) buying mario and dead or alive figures! Oh yeah and I want to see all those games in my collection!

Did you know that japan has some of the best bboys (breakdancers) in the world.... you gotta check out a show or a crew when you get down there! Ichigeki and Mortal Kombat are crews to look for.

I want to win cause Burnout 3 ROCKS! I love blowing shit up! and car crashes in video games makes me happy.

and japan rocks too. im going to go there as soon as i win the lottery.

I would like to see you get some of those panties that they have in the vending machines there, it's true, they have used school girl panties in vending machines, so you should buy them while you're there, maybe give them back to the girl they came from:p

Cheapy I hope ya like it in Japan. I have always wanted to go there. Maybe this will give you a better outlook on deals across the globe.

I'd like you to become familiar with japan and be able to give me a tour when I (hopefully) visit there in the very near future.

Bah, someone already said kancho. But he could get some of those Hooker trading cards they sell in the vending machines and invent some sort of Yugioh spinoff only CAGs will know how to play. Also, If I win the games I will hold contests to give away some of them to CAGs! :)

[quote name='CheapyD']
Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.
)[/QUOTE]

Congrats and good luck with the move.

Try to check out some of the ancient history while you are there. It's more interesting and probably influences video games more than most people think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back