CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I would like to go to Japan - and try their toilets I heard good things about them (they sell similar stuff here for like 400 bucks.
I would also like to go to Japan and try their edamame.
Finally i am glad you are going to Japan as it gives us a chance to win your stash.

how do you say "cheap ass gamer" in japanese?
in spanish if you translate it literally it would be - "jugador de culo barato"

Id love to win some of those games you have listed just because I have never been able to find them in decent condition (SotN?? Sealed? NICE GIMMIE!!!)

i would like to win a game or two do to that i really like the site and try to promote it to other cag i work with. be careful in Japan (ever see the movie "the grudge"?)

In Japan, the number 4 is like our number 13. A number of hotels and office buildings don't have a fourth floor, and it's considered a generally unlucky number.

The reason: The word for 4 sounds just like the word for "death".

Good luck in Japan!

[quote name='Boxcar']In Japan, the number 4 is like our number 13. A number of hotels and office buildings don't have a fourth floor, and it's considered a generally unlucky number.

The reason: The word for 4 sounds just like the word for "death".

Good luck in Japan![/QUOTE]

I always thought it was a Chinese thing, I didn't know the Japanese did that also.

I would love to see Cheapy perform on the Spike TV gameshow MXC. Rotating Surfboard of Death baby! Get it on! Other than that, I am just greedy whore for free games.

Go to one of the many vending machines and purchase a very large beer or even ladies under_garments. You can get anything in a vending machine.

Akasaka Lips is a Gentlemen's Club in Tokyo. 7,000 yen to get in includes 2 drinks.
Open Mon, Wed, & Sat. 3-8-17 Akasaka (5570-4420)

Thanks!

[quote name='bax53']I would love to see Cheapy perform on the Spike TV gameshow MXC. Rotating Surfboard of Death baby! Get it on! Other than that, I am just greedy whore for free games.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. For both the show and games.

I'd like to see you move back and forth between the US and other countries frequently, giving away your games each time you leave from here. :D And here's an interesting fact. "According to the book, Japan From A to Z: Mysteries of Everyday Life Explained by James and Michiko Vardaman, the first traffic signals in Japan were blue instead of green, but the blue lights were difficult to see from a long distance away so they were replaced with green ones. Vardaman says that the custom of referring to traffic lights is a holdover from those days.
This sounds like a good explanation, but the problem with it is that you will hear Japanese people refer to other green things (like cucumbers, spinach, and sometimes grass) as being blue as well. This is because historically, Japanese people considered green to be a shade of blue. For example, the Chinese character for blue, pronounced ao is made up of two characters, iki (life) and i (well) and refers to the colour of plants which grow around a well, a colour between green and blue. When Chinese people see the character, they say it means green, but Japanese people say it means blue. Japanese books on colours tell us that there are four tertiary colours: red, blue, white and black, and that all others are shades of those four main ones. Ao, therefore, is a sort of ideal blue, halfway between green and blue. The sky is said to be blue, but it is a different shade of ao than a traffic light is. Tree leaves are said to be green, but green is a shade of ao, like crimson is a shade of red.
In another interesting cultural difference relating to colour, Japanese children always colour the sun red instead of yellow."

Me am Like Win Games & Schwag! :bouncy:

Also, please do a thing where you go and find the craziest item you can in a vending machine and post it for our amusement!

Have fun in Japan. I lived there for 2.5 years. I lived in total inaka not the big city as you will be. Enjoy it! Watch out for the Katamari rolling up Tokyo!

Plus you get to catch the subway anytime and go to Akihabara anytime you want! For those unaware of Akihabara-It's the electronics capital of the world.

PS-Coke tastes different in Japan IMO.

[quote name='Koomaster']

Also, please do a thing where you go and find the craziest item you can in a vending machine and post it for our amusement![/QUOTE]

Yes please do. I remember a vending machine that had used foreign women's panties. There are some sick bastards in Japan.

clean sweep, geek chic addition...:applause:

It would be cool to win Cheapy's stuff cause then I would get the CAG shirt I never got from the E3 meeting! :D

and...and...i could use the games that would be dupilcates to finish paying off my 360 (only $220 left to go ::whew:: ). CheapyD should treat Mrs.CheapyD to a stay in one of those funny sex hotels for pure amusement's sake when they're there...but please, don't post any details. :lol:

~

I think you should bust into a tokyo electronics manufacturer and exclaim that you invented the laser and they owe you billions of dollars for using it in so many electronics, such as cd players, minidiscs, etc.

That would rock.

You should make sure to eat an egg in everyone of your meals. Oh, and at least try an egg in pasta once. That's how you have eat in Japan.

I want to see CheapyD dress like a Harajuku girl and run down the streets of Tokyo professing his love for Gwen Stefani!

Oh yeah, I also want to win those games...that would be sweet.

I want to see a video version of CAGcast which is nothing but an anime robot with flashing eyes (ala-“Seizure Causing Robots” from the Japan episode of the Simpsons).

P.S. Watch out for Godzilla-related turbulence during your flight.

in japan, i want you to go to one of those underground female underwear dealers. you don't have to buy, just visit. also, i needs some more video games. my collections are weak.

I would like to see him give me his games and gather all new ones in Japan. Then he can give me those when he moves back.

Or I would like to see him get one of the only Xbox 360s in Japan while we are all fighting to get one.

It would be really cool to see you do a video podcast in Japan for releases of really big games or maybe a trip to some store that has tons of older games for the cheap! I'd love to see a CheapyD video cast of the lines and hype for the release of say the PS3 or Revoltion in Japan.

Whoa, I'd love to win that game library... Oh yeah, I'd love to see you visit Sony and Nintendo in Japan along with that new XBox 360 store (if possible)...

For my personal amusement? Go to one of the phallic-themed temples and take/post pictures of yourself "enjoying" the idols.

I wanna see cheapy fighting best buy managers in japan cuz they dont take a) his money
b) his $5 off coupons or c) his credit cards...it would be cool....no what else would be cool? those games!

dude, Japan rocks. Anyone here interested in the JET program? Maybe we could all visit someday. . . or maybe I'm just saying that to win some games. . . ^_^

Wow! probably already been said..... but!

I would like to see you dress up like Godzilla and run around terrorizing the masses :)

Please consider this my entry.

Hey, you should walk around Tokyo Disney taking an obscene number of pictures. Then finally, sweet blinding revenge will be in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back