CONTEST: Win free games from Large Animal and CheapAssGamer

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations to pimp tyranny, winner of the Large Animal contest!

Has your stocking been stuffed with ultra-lame gifts? This year
CheapAssGamer and Large Animal Games want to make it different.

Post here, telling us about your worst gift ever, and the winner will have their stocking overstuffed with four fantastic games from Large Animal.

Remember, you can only enter once, especially since Santa is watching.Contest ends on December 8, which also happens to be the first night of Chanukah.

The winner will be picked (at random) shortly thereafter, and the prize will
be delivered to the winner with the speed of eight reindeer, electronically
that is.

www.LargeAnimal.com

These guys are based in NYC and I've had the opportunity to check out their office (and their games, of course).
Good bunch of guys...check out their stuff!

a few years ago my uncle gave me a copy of Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the SNES. Seriously. It was new and had a sticker price of $69.99 on it. He bought it from some going out of business family owned videostore. I found out he only paid like 4 bucks for it. That sucked. He tried to act it off that this game just came out.

Well I come from a Dominican backround and in a dominican household grandparents dont care much about what an item of clothing displays as long as it serves its intended purpose....When I was about 7 or 8 my grandma gave me a black skully with the words Foxy Grandpa stitched in the front....Of course I didnt wanna wear it but everytime we used to visit my grandma my mom made me put it on to make her feel happy....not only that she made me wear it to school also.....you know the embarassment I faced (not to mention the beatdowns I received) for walking around with a skully that says foxy granpa.

I have a horrible X-mas story that id like to share, it wasn't of me but from one of my friends so i don't think its eligible. Anyway, he grew up in an orphanage until he was about 7, he told us that X-mas there wasn't anything special but they each got a small gift and a great breakfast, the best of the year, so they all felt the X-mas spirit. When he went to live with his foster parents he was 7 and this was his first X-mas with them. He told me they didn't buy a tree or anything, but they did put up stockings and minor decorations outside. So he wakes up X-mas morning to go and goes to look in his stocking, and sees nothing, so he goes to his fosterparents and and they told him that he overslept and missed X-mas. This happened again he said the next year, also. The third year he didn't expect anything. When we got to high school, we threw him a great X-mas each year though.

My worse gift. How about my worse gifts. See It was around december and people asked me what i wanted for christmas. Well for the first year ever, I actually needed socks. Yeah I know, stupid me.
Well when christmas came around I had only several presents. The first was was from my mother. Guess what it contained. That's right 6 pairs of socks. No problem right, afterall I did need socks. After that I opened my girl'friends gift. Wow, Socks. I had to act like I was thrilled. They were expensive socks and also came in this really wierd bag, I guess to travel with them. I open another from my Uncle and Aunt and there was 3 pairs of joe boxer socks that comes with a back massager. I was like damn. Next present, more socks. Another, socks. I had soo many pairs of socks I didn't have to buy any for a whole year and a half. Now I have an odd number of each kind of sock. You know it's hard to keep track of socks. Anyways that was two years ago. The worse thing is, I'm almost out of socks again.

when I was younger, my family and I bought a family friend a VR Trooper card game.

the next year, it came right back to me as a present from them

:roll:

[quote name='JEKKI']when I was younger, my family and I bought a family friend a VR Trooper card game.

the next year, it came right back to me as a present from them

:roll:[/quote]

Dude, you had that one coming. :lol:

Last Christmas my friend came to my house and dropped off this big wrapped box for me and left. I went upstairs to open it and inside it were more items wrapped. I opened each item and ended up with a: Toilet brush, ketchup squirt bottle, mustard squirt bottle, tape used to wrap the items, leftover roll of wrapping paper, Shaq Fu (Genesis), Shaq Fu (Snes), a Wiggles calander with CD, spatula, barbeque utensils, and many more odd things. I wish I could remember them all, they're all in a bag somewhere.

Well, this story is from about 8 years ago. So I'm a 6th grader on my way home from school on my birthday. My mind is filled with thoughts of playing Ranger X for genisis. Around the time we are about too pull up to my house, I see my dog standing in the middle of the road. The bus I am riding in then proceeds to hit my dog while im in it. So worst gift i ever received was: My dog being killed on my birthday, by my school bus, which i was riding in.

Worst Christmas gift I ever received was a model battleship from my aunt... I don't like building models..

One year my Grandmother sent me a card with a couple of bucks and a note in it. The note instructed me not to spend the 3 bucks or so she gave me on drugs.

Well,............ I can't really complain about my past holidays.

I never got much, but my family always made me, my brother and sister, feel like we were the best kids in the world.

Usually, we got stuff we needed. Like underwear, and socks.

One Christmas was especially bad. My mom got laid off, and had to take some waitress job. She was working Christmas Eve night, so our dad was watching us.

He felt pretty bad, so he devised a plan, that was actually a suprise.

Note that my dad was disabled,.. and legally blind,.. although he could see ENOUGH. :)

We all piled up in the car, to go pick up my mom from work. On the way,... my dad said he had to pick something up at Sears.

Well,.. he locked the car doors, and ran into the store. When he came out, he had a BIG box.
He told us it was for our mom, and put it in the trunk.

So, anyways,... we pick up mom, and head home.
Our parents send us straight to bed, and then 30 minutes later,.. my dad comes up, and wakes us.
We head down stairs, and see the BIG box, all wrapped up.

My mom was getting all annoyed with my dad's impatience,... but we were excited.

We tear it open,.....and......... it's a microscope set!

WOW,.... we are 4, 7, and 9, and we have no idea what it is,.. but my dad was so excited,.. that we were too.

The next morning, Christmas day, we wake up to find the usual stuff. You know, socks and t-shirts.

BUT,.. when Alvin and the Chipmunks are playing on the record player, and mom's making a special breakfast, at 5AM,... it really doesn't matter.
:)

Alright, with that said,... the worst Christmas was when my dad was put on dyalisis, and my parents were paying out of pocket for treatment.

The only thing worse then watching dad slip away, was getting a knock at the front door, at 8AM Christmas morning......
It was our local church. They brought us a CHARITY basket, filled with cheap little toys and candy canes. There was a basketball and a football in there too.

Not that we weren't grateful,... but we felt even POORER, and more ashamed, that these were the only gifts we got. No socks, no underwear,... only the donated items.

Everyone was so sad. That was the second, to worst Christmas ever.

The worst, was a year later. My dad survived up until 2 days before Thanksgiving. We didn't even celebrate that year.

Sorry to go on like that. I guess I needed to remember that again.

My worst stocking stuffer would be from my mom when I was younger. She was one of those mothers who thought any toiletetries you needed the week of christmas would be perfect stocking stuffers. So I found myself waking up christmas morning pulling toothpaste, toothbrush, Q-Tips, etc out of my stocking.

I found Q-Tips in my stocking last year after telling my wife this story. It was funny when she did it but when my mom did it I wasn't too happy.

The worst gift I've ever gotten was a sheet of stickers...with six stickers on it. What were they stickers of? A teddy bear.

Wow...I know it's the thought that counts, but I don't imagine much thought going into that.

The wrost gift I ever gotten was a Birthday cake. Here is the thing, my birthday is on December 12 and it had my brother named on it. I think my brother was full of medicine (he had a cold at the time) to realize that my borthday was two weeks ago and that wasn't my name on the cake. I am still a bit bitter about that.

An old friend told me he picked up something for me while he was at some convention or other. While he wouldn't tell me what it was, he said it felt quite appropriate for me. The trouble is, he kept delaying in shipping it out to me. I suppose the logic being: well, it's already late now, so what's the rush? I finally received it.....a year later. A whole year! What's the big idea of making someone wait a year for a gift? :bomb:

...the gift itself turned out to be a fairly nice figurine of Irvine Kinneas from Final Fantasy VIII...appropriate, because he knew that after 30min on the clock fighting the final boss, Irvine was the only member of my party left standing. With 1 hit point left, he blasted the final boss and I beat the game. Statute of limitations on gift-giving does not condone a year-long delay, however. Whatsupwiththat!

My parents were lame and always mixed in some school supplies to remind that in a few more days that vacation would be over {=[ they weren't even good quality items, one of them was a solar-powered calculator, which probably costs like >$5, cheap bastards.

Rocks and Coal.

My mom has always given us coal and even now that im 22 she still gives me coal. On top of that she has gotten into natural and more weird cultures that many hippies/yuppies do. So last Christmas I was given healing rocks that she actually expects me to carry around with me.

Its bad enough getting rocks for Christmas but when it weighs 5 pounds and your expected to carry it in your pocket or tied to your neck!

Could list alot of others but I think a giant rock your expected to carry tops about anything else hehe.

Worst gift ever was when i was like 5 , i got a medium size bag of M & M's ,well back then my parents were poor as hell. another time i got a chick(baby chicken) i remember it just took a crap everywhere. don't remember what happened to it, if it turned to dinner later or something. i was really excited at the time that santa thought of me and gave me this bag and the chick. now that i'm married and have kids of my own i would never do that to them even if i was dirt poor , i get them everything i couldn't have when i was a kid.

wow, some of you people scare me. especially that dude with the million dollar house who sees videogames as collectible enough to go on display, yet complains at getting an original copy of SimCity. :?

my xmas gift was kinda funny, in retrospect. first thing you need to know is that i have an extremely large family on my fathers side who i spent christmases with. i've got over 50 cousins and 12 aunts and uncles. as you can imagine, christmas was absolutely amazing, with the pile of presents for everyone ending up being taller than the tree. when i was 11 or so, and on christmas eve night, everyone gathered at 11:45pm and started distributing presents... after a while, everyone had at least 5 presents in front of them, and i had none... i started feeling bad, but at the very bottom, there was one there from grandma for me! at midnight, everyone tore open their gifts, and mine turned out to be a loose pair of socks. i looked around, and everyone else had a loose pair of socks too, in addition to all their presents. as it turns out, grandma had so many grandchildren that she just got bags of generic 99 cent store socks and wrapped them for us. as for everyone else, i guess i was too old to be giving toys to, but too young to start appreciating adult gifts, so i guess i got lost in the shuffle. so i thanked grandma and went home with my folks, feeling sorry for myself.

that morning, i wore my presents, only to develop a MAJOR rash. it turned out that i was extremely allergic to whatever fabric those socks were made of. i had to stay barefoot the rest of the day and didnt get a chance to go out and play.

so yes, the only thing i got for christmas that year was itchy feet. thanks grandma.

that said, i feel drone8888 deserves to win more than anyone else in this thread. good luck, man.

Three words: socks and underwear.
Every year growing up, my mother felt the need to buy one package of socks and one package of underwear to wrap up and put underneath the tree. After I caught on, I started trying to get away without unwrapping those two gifts, but I could never get out of it. :p

The worst gift I've ever received was underwear. I never got socks with them (which seems like the popular combo here), but with or without socks, it still sucked.

Well, my worst gift I received for Christmas last year. I used to work at a local video store down the street from my house in the town next to where I lived, and one of my co-workers was homeschooled, so he really only had other homeschooled friends. Now this friend of his, Ash, is really big on giving the biggest pieces of crap as gifts to people he knows. So, he came into work the last working day before Christmas, and dropped off this big wrapped up lump on the counter, said "Merry Christmas, here's something as pointless and useless as you!!" (jokingly of course) and left, not to be seen again for several weeks. Upon opening it, I saw he had gotten me a ceramic oval head. It had been spraypainted gold and green, and had a pair of sunglasses glued to the top. It currently sits in the same spot where it has been sitting since I got it, collecting dust in a corner of my room. But hey, at least it stands the test of time! I look forward to seeing what garbage he brings about this year...
Here is a picture of the gift: http://community.webshots.com/album/219439968tJLZOg

I guess now I can finally stop lurking, eh?

I got a lump of charcoal for being a bad kid. That was the worst year ever. That and clothes that I would never wear (tacky shirts).

The worst gift I got was combined with my birthday present. Since my birthday and christmas was together I always end up getting one gift and it counts as both and it was a basketball that my other friend also got. I don't think much thought was put into it cause I don't really play basketball. But Oh well it's still a gift. Can't wait till Thanksgiving.

the worst gift I ever got was this little clock I got for visiting my family in texas.... it was a clack in a cut tree with a deer around it and on green grass.... couldnt even change the tiem on it too, so it was an hour behind (i live in NY)

Ok , well this story needs some backround.

To make it short and sweet, i have a 107 year old Great-Great-Great Aunt Who has an Austrian Passport, And lived in Jamaica for the first 40 or so years of her life. She then moved to America, and is the proud owner of a 20 some odd year expired Visa.

Well anyway, one year she came over and put a cowbell around my head, and started laughing at me....I guess she considered it a present.

My parents always made sure that my brother and I never felt cheated out of anything. Also, our extended family always took care of us well, so I don't think that I have had a truly "worst" Christmas ever. However, there are a couple of things that were weird or bad:

Several years back, when there were no DVD players and such, I would tend to tape a lot of things on TV... mostly movies and the weekly wrestling shows and such. That Christmas, and for maybe one or two Christmases afterwards, I got blank VHS tapes. That wouldn't be a bad thing, except that EVERYONE BUT MY PARENTS gave me blank tapes! I had them piled to the ceiling in my bedroom for several weeks. In fact, there were so many that I had to recently dump hundreds of tapes because they took up a good 50% of our storage room. Also, I laughed one of those years because that was the year my parents bought me a VCR, and a camcorder the year after. It definitely added to my love of filmmaking, but all those tapes scared me. I was afraid that at any moment, they would crush me in an avalanche.

A bad Christmas memory:
I spent most of my time as a young child in the hospital. One of these times, I was once again lucky to narrowly escape death. Also, it was the week before Christmas. I was stuck in the hospital, and basically cried whenever I was alone in the hospital room (didn't want my mother or anyone else to see that I was depressed). For some reason (I wasn't completely well), I happened to be released on the morning of Christmas Eve. However, I was put on so many medications that I wasn't quite all there, so to speak. That Christmas, I had to battle with illness, but I was glad to be home. I wasn't glad when I had to go back into the hospital a few weeks later, though. :(

This contest is really getting me in the spirit of the holiday season. And that's not a bad thing (for once)... that's a good thing. :)

One Christmas when I was about 10, my aunt and uncle who I had never met decided that they felt guilty, and that they should send little Ricky a Christmas present. Apparently, "Ricky" is also a girl's name (I'm a guy). Christmas comes and I open the gift from these two people I've never met. Inside is a white dress with flowers on it. To add insult to injury, the dress was used and was way too large. The card said something like, "We don't know your size, so we got you something you could grow into."

It all happened on my birthday in 2003.. my first birthday party in 10 years. Since I dont usually celebrate and I kinda want to do something different that year, I decided to throw a party at my house, and I really want it to be memorable.

On that day, I invited 17 of my 'considered' good friends and to make sure everyone will have a good time. But what spoiled it? Here is a quick break down:

1. friends invited unwelcome quests that spoiled my moment.

2. friends ate most of the food and voluntary brought the rest home cus they told me they will need it for work on monday. (like I dont work...)

3. friends ran off to play basketball in the middle of the night and left me cleaning!!!

4. and the gift, oh yeah, the gift.... I got ONE gift out of 17 friends and it was a cup from starbucks. They probably picked it up on their way to my house..

5. Next day, another friend of mine got pissed cause I didnt invited her. She is the type that anti-video gaming, so why should I?

anyway, cup sucks.. I got plenty already...

I guess I wont have my birthday party in another 10 years.. or I need new friends... lol

shampoo. last year i got shampoo. It was from my aunt who is extremely cheap, usually she searches the $1 store and clearance bins at Rite-Aid, last year i think she got lazy and just gave me a bottle of some rip off of Herbal Essences called Herbal Delight.

One time in High School we had this secret Santa thing were everyone in class had to pick a name and get that person a gift. Well, you had to sneak in and put the gift on that persons desk when they werent there....anyway, when I got in I had a nice little box on my desk and when I opened it there was a picture of a horrible car crash....on the back of the picture was a note: "Wish you were in the car, have a Merry X-mas."

Needless to say I started crying like a little bitch, ripped up the picture, and never told anyone what was on the picture.

Still dont know who did that :(

i got 2 pennies from my uncle once... it was so sad. i guess it was supposed to compliment the piggy bank that i received from another relative, but wtf can you do with 2 pennies??? back in their days, i probably could've bought some candy. these days, i'm going to need a minimum of five cents to do that lol!

ill never 4get it scared me 4 days i waz about 5-7 an at my grandmas we all got together like we always do ever christmas eve its about 30-40 plus extended family any ways they handed out the gifts one by one and i was the last one to et a gift. das when i 1st learned how crazy my 1 of my uncles are. so i was the last one to get a gift i was so excited because i had got so many good gifts then it was my gift it from the crazy uncle he turned around nad handed me my gift it was wrapped up and you wouldnt believe what was inside, it was a plastic piece of shit but it looked real and smelled i got scared and through it up and i an out the room then all my other uncles tourted me with it 4 about a week putting it in my food putting next to my bed 4 when i wake up

Hey all,

I'm a Large Animal staffer and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your personal/horrific/awfully entertaining experiences with us. We're definitely entertained :D

So, to be fair, here is mine (although I think you guys have me beat by far):

Last christmas, my mom, who has only known me for about 23 years or so, bought be a Salad Spinner. The device basically spins salad around in a circle till its dry. It may sound innocuous enough, but A) I eat out or at the office quite a bit, B) I rarely order salad and C) How freakin hard is it to dry of some salad leaves!?! Mom, if your reading this, I still love you, but that was a craptacular gift :x

Thanks all for sharing your stories, see you on the boards!

- Coray

like to xmas later thats when i found out how broke he is. my grandma moved a few blocks away with my 15 uncles and aunts. we all lived in the same building, anyways it was the same time midnight xmas eve alot of the family waz there and it was my turn to get a gift he gave me a can of chef boy rde with mop hair and said it was the the new gi joe action figure and then ave my triplet aunts the game gift diffrent cans of ravioli and spegeti and meatballs and such and with mop hair and said it was the new barbie doll. he gave my grand ma a cellphone box she opened it up it had the wrapping and instruction booklets and manuals and the when she took it out it was a little block of wood. it had little punched out wholes in it for numbers and the hearing and talking parts. and then 4 an antena it had alittle pencil for an antena, she was so dissapointed she tok it and hit him over the head with it

Well, one of the worst gifts I've gotten was actually given to me last year. My name's Pat, but don't think I'm telling you this just because I'm trying to make an entrance for myself. So, my family and I were digging through the presents, and everything was going well up to that point. But suddenly, I spotted one last gift that was labeled for "Pat." My cousin noticed me looking at it, and then handed it to me, but not before I caught a suspicious snicker on his face. I opened it, and to my horror, it was a movie called "It's PAT!!" on DVD, featuring a fat woman from Saturday Night Live playing an odd (to say the least) weirdo. The entire family burst out laughing, and my jaw was still glued to the ground. But that's not the end of it. They then basically held me down, preparing for some kind of torture, and made me watch the movie the whole time while they yelled "IT'S PAT" every few moments. What a terrible gift. It's burned in my mind forever...

One Christmas when I was about 10, my parents got me a Donnie Osmond album. You know I went to my room and cried. Would have had more fun with coal.

Another Christmas my parents got me the Disney Fantasia album, that one was better because it had pages like a book inside of it so I could enjoy the pictures of the animation. Thing is, I never got to see the animation till I was an adult. :roll:

Oh, I forgot to mention that for both of these Christmas' that was the only present I got from my parents.

grandmother gave me a can of deodorant and shampoo for christmas... maybe she was trying to say i stink.. dont know

I received the worst gift ever at an office gift exchange at a place where I was volunteering. The gift was an "As Seen On TV" EggWave. What is an EggWave, you ask? The box describes it as a holder for raw eggs so you can hardboil them in the microwave! How wonderful. When I opened the slightly abused looking box, I found a cheap plastic mold that holds four eggs, and when I looked inside them two of the plastic molds had dried egg yolk in them. Blech!! I threw it in the trash on the spot.

My uncle once gave me a "Hershey's Chocolate Bar" T-Shirt that he had obvioulsy gotten as a free promotion from buying some Hershey's assortment or something. The saving grace of this lamest of presents was that it was too small, so I wasn't forced to wear it to show my "appreciation"...

definitely the worst give EVAR was a DVD copy of the Mariah Carey movie "Glitter"

i'm pretty sure it was a gag gift (at least i HOPE it was!), but it was nevertheless a gift.

The worst gift I ever got? I love my grandma very much, but one Christmas when I was about 7, I got these wierd socks from her. They were striped white, brown, and tan, but the wierdest thing about them was that they had a seperate little piece sticking out, so a different toe would fit in each little compartment. Think of it as a cross between a sock and a glove. Not only did they look ridiculous, but they are the most uncofortable shaq-fuers that I have ever worn in my life.

The worst thing I received would have to be, a year we were strapped for cash at my house so we decided to exchange names for Christmas, so that means only 1 gift per person. So come Christmas we exchange gifts and come to find out my older brother got my name, what I received was a big fat IOU, said he would get me something later. This was like 6 years ago and to this day I have yet to see a gift.

bread's done
Back