CONTEST: Win free games from Large Animal and CheapAssGamer

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations to pimp tyranny, winner of the Large Animal contest!

Has your stocking been stuffed with ultra-lame gifts? This year
CheapAssGamer and Large Animal Games want to make it different.

Post here, telling us about your worst gift ever, and the winner will have their stocking overstuffed with four fantastic games from Large Animal.

Remember, you can only enter once, especially since Santa is watching.Contest ends on December 8, which also happens to be the first night of Chanukah.

The winner will be picked (at random) shortly thereafter, and the prize will
be delivered to the winner with the speed of eight reindeer, electronically
that is.

www.LargeAnimal.com

These guys are based in NYC and I've had the opportunity to check out their office (and their games, of course).
Good bunch of guys...check out their stuff!

Worst gift? Nothing but it was okay cuz we were going through some tough times. Other than that one time everything i got pleased me.

when i was younger, perhaps 5 or so, my older brother thought it would be a funny joke to give me a mysterious shoe box of "air" for a present.

He took the joke a bit too far though, insisting that was what he got me and indeed that's all it was. Not quite having a sense of humor to that degree yet i cried a good deal over it, seeing as how i was somewhat excited to see he had gotten me something.

Ever since that day i've had that phobia leering in the back of my head whenever i unwrap a mysteriously light gift.

My worst gift would have to be a ornament shaped like the state of Virginia made of wood. To top it off, my sister inspects my tree every year to see if Virginia's hanging there even though she hasn't lived there in a few years.

My worst gift will have to be a eb gift card worth $50. Before you flip out let me finish, i recieved this as a gift for x-mas a couple of years ago and i was the happiest person alive when i went to a local eb, they said this card had no balance on it and it was never activated and it was stolen. Cops came and questioned me for about a good hour and a half, and they called my parents, it was so embarrasing! good present, ehh.

With a Jewish mother and Christian father, often the family is confused as to what to celebrate, Christmas or Chanukah. Last year, my mom promised me, my brother and my sister something big for the "Holidays". We ended up getting nothing and not celebrating either holidays! There is no worse gift than nothing.

Once my Grandma got me a stocking shaped like a baseball that a cat had urinated on. The stocking was moth eaten and disgusting. I don't know if you guys can fatham the extent of how horrible this gift was. Just another reason I'm convinced my grandma hates me.(But that's ok)

The worst gift I ever got was one of those light up lamp things that do designs on your wall. I thought those were for little kids but apparently not. I got it last year and it was the only gift I got. Why I got it I have no idea. That wasn't even remotely close to anything on my list. :\

Well, my worst gift ever might not be toothpaste or a manicure set, but it was still pretty embarrassing.

Last year I invited my girlfriend over to spend Christmas with us. Everything was going awful so far..no i-pod, no best buy gift certificate, no axe body spray set, no USB thumb drive, nothing. I had clothes. Clothes on top of clothes on top of clothes. It astonished me how cheap my family members were. Most of my aunts and uncles are filthy rich, and I'm not a spoiled kid.

My last present was from my Aunt Adelina. I hadn't saw her for six years(I was 17 that year), and she was notorious for giving great gifts(consoles, games, etc). I unleashed the bow and tore apart the wrapping, reached into the box, and pulled out..pikachu slippers. That's right. ****'ing pikachu slippers. I looked up at my girlfriend, who was trying uncontrollably to hold back her laughter, and I just smiled and looked up at my aunt with a kind of "aw, gee, thanks". I was so embarrassed.

To this day, I fear accepting gifts from that woman.

The worst gift that I ever got was a Backstreet Boys CD, I think it was called "Black and Blue."

My mom gave it to me for christmas, and that was the only gift I got..

The worst guft I ever received was from my fahter-in-law. It was simply a roll of bubble wrap. My wife had mentioned to him that I had a habit of popping it when we got something packed in it. So he thought giving an entire roll of it to me would be a great gift. Lame.

a couple years ago, my grandma gave a what my family calls the christmas gernade. It is something that one of her 90 year old friends had made. It starts with a starbuck's glass bottle. Then random stuff like happy meal toys, chains, feathers, aluminium can top things is glued to it. It is then sprayed with gold paint. I have 3 of these

the big mouth billy bass. my parents laughed when they saw the frown on my face.

if anyone doesn't know what that is, it's a plastic fish on a plaque that wiggles and sings. horrific...

I've got a couple...

1. Got a black cabbage patch kid when I was 12. That's cool and all...if your not a white BOY! :x

2. Got Metroid Fusion for the gameboy from my wife. That's really cool...except I bought the GBA on the side without telling her. She WAS going to buy me the whole thing for Christmas. She talked to my brother-in-law to see if she should get it and he spilled the beans. Real nice to have your wife accusing you of being a liar on Christmas morning. DOH!

Two rocks. They were sold as bookends but really were just run of the mill rocks. Total crap. The saddest part is had my relatives just given me the money they spent on shipping the damn things, I coulda gotten something decent. Damn.

My worst gift was last year - I got the "perfect pancake" spatula from that AS SEEN ON TV booth - I mean this thing is huge!..........and I never even eat breakfast - thank my aunt for this one! Now stuff my stocking CheapyD!!!

One year, despite having 50 some odd friends and 20 close family members, not one of them remembered my birthday, until my mother called at 11:50pm. Despite priding myself on being a manly tough man, I ended up crying that night.

When I was new to the Navy and had just transfered to my first duty station in Washington DC. My parents came to visit me from Oregon where I grew up. One of my sisters there gave my parents a Christmas present to give to me and they carried it as carry on luggage the whole plane trip. At Christmas I opened the present and what my parents had carried from one coat to the next was a pair of rubber shoe covers and an expired box of Chex party mix. Needless to say my dad was truly ticked for carrying it all that way!

A fairly large spider in a little container from a friend that thought it'd be HILARIOUS to see me open it.

And I'm extremely arachniphobic, and was even more so at that time (I was about 10, 11). Ran the rest of the way home from school crying and completely terrified. :(

My mom got me a John Elway figurine tree ornament one year. The problem? I'm a die hard Bengals fan. She confused the Broncos uniform with the Bengals. I really didn't know what to say when I opened it.

A dead Snake, It was alive when my aunt bought it for me. She flew in from california (i live in FL) AND SHE DIDNT FEED IT. It was already slightly decaying after i opned the box.

[quote name='No!']When my grandma sent me bubbles and a Baby's First Potty Set at...wait for it...13.[/quote]

maybe it was mail order and got stuck in rotation forever lol

My wife always buys me a nice amount of games every XMas. So, with my Gamecube in 2001 she got me several of the launch titles which means I am the owner of Universal Studios Theme Park.

Back in the 80s I had an aunt who would get me 1 video game each year. She got me some great ones... Maze Craze, Asteroids and yes... on XMas my young a$$ excitedly opened up E.T. for the 2600.

Last Christmas and the Christmas's before that, I got cheap gifts you could find in the dollar store from my aunt, like a corny journal and pencil set thing, worst part is, she KNOWS i hate writing. Before that I got a stuffed animal monkey, and no it wasn't the cutesy type, it was the ugly faced, big-eyed creepy ones; it looked like a troll. I sworn if my parents weren't at the party, I would've just thrown that crap in their garbage can. Maybe I'll do just that, this year.. hmmm..

My worst gift ever came last year. My wife's side of the family is huge, so we all put our names (and a few gift ideas on a wish list) in a big drawing to get another member one gift (not to go over $50 in value). My wish list, of course, included some video games, most of which were either GH or PC (being a PS2 & GCN owner). I didn't want anyone going broke on me, so I didn't mind getting a nice, cheap, $20-or-less game. Christmas came, and I read the tag on my gift (one of my wife's cousins). I opened the package with anticipation and received...

A ceramic drum Christmas ornament. :?

But my wife loved the damned thing, so I had to pretend like it was a fantastic and thoughtful gift. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but that's my story.

Worst gift for me was from my girlfriend a few years back.

It was a cordless nose hair trimmer!

Who the fudge would give that as a Christmas gift?

Especially since I have no nose hair to begin with!

Well this one year about a month before christmas my mother walked in me in my room masterbating. I am female so for that christmas my mother bought me a dildo talk about the worst christmas gift every i was so embarrassed. Worst christmas every!

My worst was a refrigerator magnet and a couple of stickers of N-Sync from my little brother. He thought it would be funny to give me some cheesy pics of Justin and the boys as my Christmas Gift (since I hate the whole boy band thing).

So not only did I get short changed a gift, but I had a stupid magnet on the fridge with curly haired Justin looking at me everytime I reached for a glass of eggnog. I was happy that my little brother was not hurt after I took the magnet and the stickers down after the holidays and trashed them.

Christmas and N-Sync...YUCK!!!!

Whoever got the snake: I'm sorry, someone giving me a box with a *live* snake in it would be a pretty bad gift for me *shiver*.

One year, I think my 14th or 15th birthday, the weekend after my birthday we celebrated it, I got a Chuck Berry cassette tape that I had picked out at Kmart the week before [as in, I'll get that for you, but it's for your birthday next week]. I think that was actually it. Not necessarily a bad gift, just it almost would have been better to get nothing.
And on my birthday itself, which was a Friday I believe, as soon as we got home from school my mom and dad left to drive 2 hours away to buy a lakehouse. They didn't get back till after midnight, so they missed my birthday. They did leave us money to order pizza, though.

I can't think of any other really bad gifts; either I've blotted them out/forgotten them, or people usually pick pretty good gifts for me.

:cry: My worst gift ever was a punishment. I thought it was a present for it was gifted wrapped, but when I opened it, there was a note for me to look in the kitchen, and sitting there were a bunch of cleaning supplies and a list of chores. In total, I had to clean my entire house, all by myself. And I thought my birthday was supposed to be laid back!!! :x

The worst Christmas present I ever got as a kid was a Turbo Graphix 16. No that wasn't what I was unhappy about. It was that a few weeks later my mother had to return it to Toys-R-Us so she could get the refund to pay bills. So my christmas present that year was my mom's car payment :(

A bottle of sand from Australia. Yea, you read that right.

A friend of mine scooped up several bottles of sand from beaches during his vacation in Australia one year. He then repackaged the sand into smaller bottles to give out as pgifts. The bottles he put them in still had the soda labels on it.

That cheap bastard. Now, I have a filthy bottle of sand with an orange soda label on it. He even said that he had plenty more to give out for birthdays and other occasions.

It wasn't so much the cost as it was the thought behind the gift that bothered me. So, so lame...

My ex girlfriend got my a few things of candy and some microwaveable popcorn from the store for our one-year anniversary. What's worse is she handed it to me in a bag and said "here I didn't know what to get you so..." It looked like she forgot and had just gone to the store and picked them up right before we exchanged, they weren't wrapped, just placed in a reused gift bag. I wouldn't have been so upset if she had tried to put some meaning behind the gifts, like including a note of why she picked each item. By the way she makes 50k a year, so it wasn't a money thing.

She was very particular about her gifts too, she told me she once returned a gift to her ex when they were dating, and specifically said she was very critical of gifts. He got her a lamp that was somehow related to the instrument in the band she played in when they met and throughout college. Had some pretty deep meaning between them, and she threw it in her closet then gave it back to him about 6 months later broken still in the bag. She was telling me this like he gave her a terrible gift, and all I could think was "you selfish biotch"

Also got a swimming suit and towel from her for my birthday, the swimming suit had to be returned so she returned it and I never got a another.

Okay I'm done being bitter.

picture it. 1996, housing projects in the appalachian mountains. an anticipating 12 year old awaits the present opening which, without a doubt, will entail him becoming the owner of a sega genesis.

i was that twelve year old. i knew my moms tricks. she would act like she couldnt afford it, but she always came through. it happened with the snes, the cd player, the bike, and just about everything else.

as i shook the box, the insides moved around a bit, it didnt seem that there would be that much movement if it were secured with styrophone liike most electronics of a calibre such as sega's would. but i still knew what was inside.

i ripped the wrapping paper off and immediantly threw my whole body back, slamming my head onto the hard floor. tears ensued. it was a pair of rollerblades, generic brand, of course. i couldnt use them, i can barely ride a bike. how lame. how very lame.

i locked myself in my room for 2 days. by the end of day 1 mom said that she would get me the sega. i didnt believe her. by day 2 she came through, i was happy, but christmas was ruined.

The worst stocking gift I ever received had to be produce. From the age of 5 until I was about 8, my father would place apples, oranges, or bananas in my stocking. I suppose my parents were too lazy to actually buy some decent stuff for my stocking.

Years ago when I was in junior high it was just beginning to become acceptable for guys to have pierced ears. The social rules were simple, but cutthroat - only one ear, and that ear must be the left or risk being accused of being homosexual. Studs, or perhaps a small hoop, were the only jewlery acceptable. Trying to be cool, yet a bit of rebel, I pierced my ear.

My parents were cool with the decision, even going to so far as to help me do it. I had been picked on for years for being a scrawny bookworm. "Finally," I thought, "with my bitchin' mullet and pierced ear I will be accepted by the cool kids."

Those dreams were hopelessly lost when my well-meaning but clueless parents bought me a set of earrings. Not only did they break the "stud or hoop" rule, these earrings were clearly intended for girls. They were long, dangly, gold earrings with a miniature class ring at the end. A clearly female class ring.

If that wasn't bad enough, I didn't want to offend my parents. They had clearly put some thought into this gift, and I believe they really thought it would be something I'd like. I wore these earrings in public. Well I suppose I only wore one earring. I even wore it to school one a few occassions.

I realize this one act may nominate me for sainthood, but I assure you it's all true. What was I thinking? I guess all I can say is that despite my parents' efforts I turned out alright. In fact I am probably a stronger person as a result.

The worst thing I ever found in my stocking was Halloween candy.

My mother would always siphon away a portion of our candy and give it back to us at Christmas.

Lame!

Some of these aren't bad gifts at all, they're more like awesome.

Okay so my worst gift ever (and quite fitting due to the nature of this site and contest) was what is widely hailed as THE worst game ever made. Yes, yes. I come downstairs, bleary-eyed, gaze under the tree. What spectacle would I find?! AH, THE GEM OF A NEW NINTENDO 64 GAME! YES!!!! SUPERMAN 64! Everyone's favorite game! Yes. I actually received Superman 64 as a gift. I also think this was the same year I found a REAL lump of coal in my stocking.

bread's done
Back