Costco Bundle $479.99 for PS4

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
Costco will have bundles Friday morning for $489.99 at your local warehouse.

Sorry guys, I put $479.99. It's $489.99.

PS4

1 extra controller

1 year of PSN+

Most warehouses will have about 60 bundles. They are also giving tickets to the first 60 or so inline.

Just incase you haven't preordered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with many threads at CAG, this thread has been hijacked. Return policy is a bonus at Costco, but not essential to the actual deal, which is a PS4 potentially available on launch day. That being said, if any Denver area CAGs are interested in which local Costcos will have launch day editions in stock, pm me. I'm not posting because I don't want lurkers reading. 

Definitely call your store. At minimum, they receive 66. That's 1 palet and they will not receive less than a palet. But, Sony is doing the ordering/shipping, so you need to call ahead. My store has 0 on hand and can't see any orders upcoming because Sony has done the ordering.

Unfortunately, I am stuck in Mexico on Business until Saturday.  I am hoping the wife does me a solid and gets me one...my birthday is next week, and I even gave her a $400 AMEX gift card towards the cause, and she does not even work on Fridays so all obstacles are clear.

It is much easier to rationalize being a middle aged guy and getting a PS4 from your wife for your birthday than it is going it and buying it myself :)

I personally am glad that Costco changed their return policy.  All it meant was d-bags abused it, and it drove up costs for the rest of us. I remember when the 360 came out, was behind a guy in the return line that had his original Xbox, with the original boxes and cartons, all lined up ready to go for a return so he could basically get a free Xbox 360 upgrade. As a guy who works for a major electronics company, I don't see how people rationalize this behavior.  Just because a company will let you do something and you can get away with it, it does not make it morally right.  There is no such thing as "free, nobody got hurt"...somewhere somebody has to foot the bill in one way or the other.

Oh..and thanks original poster for highlighting this deal!

I went by the warehouse I work at here in Wilmington, NC...the item number shows up in the system, but there's nothing showing on order, so I'm not sure we're getting any. I checked the Atlanta depot, same thing...though it could be shipped direct instead of via the depot. Still, if any were coming to the warehouse I'm at, it should show a quantity listed as on order, but it doesn't :whistle2:/
Thats what I got when I called mine here in Omaha.

Can you buy a Squaretrade warranty at Costco for the PS4 or are those warranties only for their TVs?

I could only find warranties for TVs, cameras and tablets. You can get a plan directly from Squaretrade's website though.

I was told by another employee that we were supposed to tell people that called about the PS4 bundle that we didn't know if we were getting them regardless of if we were getting them or not(my store is not). At least not until tomorrow. I know at least one store in the Inland Empire and one in the San Fernando Valley that are getting them. Both are getting 66 in, although the one in the IE is only selling 60 due to "damaged boxes from transit." :roll: The one in the IE is doing a number handout for the bundles.

I'm at Costco right now. Pretty low key, they've handed out about 30 out of 66 tickets and open in 5 minutes.

Price is $489.99

So despite the fact that they have the same internals as computers, run apps and gaming software - just like computers - does not equal computers?! :whee:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact 90 days.
No, I think he knows its a computer. You should know that most average consumers don't equate "consoles=computers". The policy should be explicit. The fact there is this much discussion on what THEIR policy means here on CAG is very worrisome when you consider the lack of understanding of regular consumers have on the difference. It doesn't really hurt to add the words "video game consoles" to their language.

Unfortunately, I am stuck in Mexico on Business until Saturday. I am hoping the wife does me a solid and gets me one...my birthday is next week, and I even gave her a $400 AMEX gift card towards the cause, and she does not even work on Fridays so all obstacles are clear.

It is much easier to rationalize being a middle aged guy and getting a PS4 from your wife for your birthday than it is going it and buying it myself :)

I personally am glad that Costco changed their return policy. All it meant was d-bags abused it, and it drove up costs for the rest of us. I remember when the 360 came out, was behind a guy in the return line that had his original Xbox, with the original boxes and cartons, all lined up ready to go for a return so he could basically get a free Xbox 360 upgrade. As a guy who works for a major electronics company, I don't see how people rationalize this behavior. Just because a company will let you do something and you can get away with it, it does not make it morally right. There is no such thing as "free, nobody got hurt"...somewhere somebody has to foot the bill in one way or the other.

Oh..and thanks original poster for highlighting this deal!
From another middle-aged gamer, good luck! Hope you get it!

Exclusive memberships like Costco help as well. :D
Yep, and the black card looks so classy in my wallet. (Assuming you misspelled Executive as Exclusive)

They are currently running a promotion when you extend your exec membership too, I got three extra months and a case of water.

From another middle-aged gamer: you guys should use the power of credit cards to preorder on Amazon, our edge over teenagers is that we have credit cards! :whee:
Middle age gamer III: that's why we don't usually have to deal with Gamestop and their BS. That's the power of being a middle age man w/ disposable income.

Only problem we middle age men have is to find a way too get our kids away from our PS4. Lol...

Umm interesting, might need to take back my Wii and see what they say lmao, nah I love Costco too much to abuse them :)  Hell I'm an Exe. Member and most of them know me, it's weird since I'm a single guy, but 90% of my food shopping is done at warehouse, 65%Costco 25% Sams Club.  I eat a lot ;) but I'm not overweight nor obese.

Good deal OP, no matter if you get 90days, it's still the best deal out there right now especially if you need two controllers plus you get plus and can enjoy more than the free month of online straight out the gate.

Anyone know if the Costcos in the South Bay (Torrance, both Hawthornes or Inglewood) area of LA have any in stock? 

Its 90 days for consoles. This was just confirmed by a COSTCO REGIONAL MANAGER. His son owns a comic shop I frequent and when I picked up my weekly pull today, he called him, put him on speaker and gave us the details. He laughed when I said members of CAG said it was lifetime and told us a few stories on why it was changed to 90 days. He said he will pass along the info to the right ppl so the Costco website is correctly updated.

Middle age gamer III: that's why we don't usually have to deal with Gamestop and their BS. That's the power of being a middle age man w/ disposable income.

Only problem we middle age men have is to find a way too get our kids away from our PS4. Lol...
Yet another middle age gamer here. I ordered my PS4 from Amazon last night for delivery Saturday. Along with the disposable income I also have a wife that feels bad if I don't get enough gaming time! Our son will either join me, play on a different console, or do some non-gaming activities - he knows his old-man has first call on any gaming device :D

I'd actually suspect that they would grandfather people in if they do explicitly change the terms of their return policy.  Changing the actual terms would suggest that it was previously covered even if they claim it wasn't.  They did this the last time it changed with TVs, computers, etc.

I personally figured that consoles were allowed since they only change every few years with a slim or new console whereas people abusing the TVs / computers have a new model coming out every year.

Alright, all you middle-age gamers better damn well be in your fifty's.

If you're not...  fuck  all of you for making me feel old :whistle2:#

Got one at Costco. Kind of sad seeing wives tell their husbands No, put that back. Feels good to be single.
I was one of them. On the other hand my fiancé spent the last week sleeping on a foldout cot while I was in the hospital so being in a relationship does have the benefit of not being lonely.

"Got one at Costco. Kind of sad seeing wives tell their husbands No, put that back. Feels good to be single."

Ha ha! No way Jose. My wife would be like "Honey, I'm buying yummy food and stuff for the house. Hey, is that that new Playstation there? Isn't that the one you were talking about? Would you like that for Christmas? Do you think the kids would play it with you? Can I watch Netflix on it like the Playstation we have? Is it worth the money or do you want to wait until the price drops? You should buy that now in case they sell out"

I went to the Costco in Chandler, AZ and they said they never rec'd a shipment at all.  They said they didn't know when they were getting any.

If he didn't already buy you one you should leave him then. -_-
lol we have one arriving any day now. I cancelled my own pre-order. I have a backlog to go through. I just hope whatever I save on it will transfer nicely whenever I get my own PS4.

On Topic. I forgot about Costco as a possible place to get new gen. Silly me considering I buy almost everything else there.

lol we have one arriving any day now. I cancelled my own pre-order. I have a backlog to go through. I just hope whatever I save on it will transfer nicely whenever I get my own PS4.

On Topic. I forgot about Costco as a possible place to get new gen. Silly me considering I buy almost everything else there.

It wasn't known to employees until last week or so, and my location hasn't had any gaming hardware in ages. Total surprise to everyone.

Costco was great for 360 launch too.

just to add my 2 cents. manegment at my store said the ps4 does not fall under the 90 day return policy. also i dint get any type of reciept stating it either. the manager actually said that he just returned his ps3 to pick up the ps4.

just to add my 2 cents. manegment at my store said the ps4 does not fall under the 90 day return policy. also i dint get any type of reciept stating it either. the manager actually said that he just returned his ps3 to pick up the ps4.

It's 90 days for the PS4. His PS3 was grandfathered in from when lifetime returns did apply to consoles.

Costco is the furthest thing from "the man" as far as retail stores go. Best work atmosphere and benefits in the business. By abusing the return policy, the only people you're "sticking it to" are the employees at that location.

Is the ps4 in short supply? If it were I would have expected a longer line at costco and sell outs but that's not what it sounds from you guys. Although costco doesn't exactly advertise a lot not is it known for gaming

Is the ps4 in short supply? If it were I would have expected a longer line at costco and sell outs but that's not what it sounds from you guys. Although costco doesn't exactly advertise a lot not is it known for gaming
Costco hasn't sold a console in years. Hell their gaming department has been held to just 1-2 games at a time in the past 2 years. Most people have no idea that they have PS4s

Costco doesn't advertise at all as a company. Very occasionally the individual warehouses will set up their own local advertising from their store marketing budget but the company as a whole spends their money elsewhere, such as employee compensation. It's funny because they have such a great public image and yet they haven't actively done anything specifically to create it. All they've done is build a solid company with values that are uncommon in American business today.

bread's done
Back