Costco Xbox360 bundle $490 (premium, PGR3, 2 wireless controllers, play & charge kit)

Yeah I bagged it at my local Costco and I don't have to worry about money back since it's Costco. Now if only the PSP pack would go down in price too.

so what the differenc between this and the CC deal. $130 more for a game and extra controller, and tax? so this is a better deal? i got the CC deal for $389 total but no extra controller and game

Well Costco's comes with a great guarantee as well if you have a membership. Like if something happened to your console after MS's period of warranty you'd still be ok at Costco and could return it for a full refund.

true, costco has great refund/return guarantees, thing is i'm noot really interested in the game and dont really need an extra controller.

do what I did, bought the bundle and returned the game for credit. $45 back for the game. makes the bundle only $440 for a 360/Extra Controller/PlayNcharge/Great warranty.

[quote name='s4alex']do what I did, bought the bundle and returned the game for credit. $45 back for the game. makes the bundle only $440 for a 360/Extra Controller/PlayNcharge/Great warranty.[/QUOTE]

Wait you were able to do this at Costco?! For the games?! Shit I may think about doing that for their PSP pack though that still leaves the much overpriced PSP Value Pack. -_-

[quote name='rly723']so what the differenc between this and the CC deal. $130 more for a game and extra controller, and tax? so this is a better deal? i got the CC deal for $389 total but no extra controller and game[/quote]

Was the CC deal for a premium system? This Costco deal is only $90 for an extra controller ($50 retail), a game ($60 retail) and the play and charge kit ($20 retail). Am I missing something?

I think CC had a 10% that WAS workign online....that deal is DEAD. The COSTCO deal is good if you want those things....$120 of stuff for $90. PGR3 is $50 retail btw

Just passed by my local Costco and got one for $489 + Tax. I had to since I put the one I got from CC up on ebay a while back. Pretty good deal. I'll see if I can exchange PGR3 for another game tomorrow after work.

Yep, the Costco bundle is a fantastic deal. I bought mine there.

Good thing, too... because I think my 360 is fried. I'm getting a million hard freezes and the video seems to be messing up lately. :mad: But at least I can go exchange it for another one at Costco, which is the other main reason I bought it there.

The more I hear about this problem, the more I feel squirmish about owining a 360. Hope that mine can hold up over time.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Yep, the Costco bundle is a fantastic deal. I bought mine there.

Good thing, too... because I think my 360 is fried. I'm getting a million hard freezes and the video seems to be messing up lately. :mad: But at least I can go exchange it for another one at Costco, which is the other main reason I bought it there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drsuper23']The more I hear about this problem, the more I feel squirmish about owining a 360. Hope that mine can hold up over time.[/quote]

You and me both. I think my 360 has been working better since I stopped playing Oblivion though and cleared out the cache. I get an occasional freeze playing Burnout and it's happened once playing Tomb Raider...

Almost bought that bundle myself, but chose not to cuz I didn't want PGR3... and I wouldn't ever get around to selling or trading it away.

Yeah, Costco does have a good return policy if theres problems... but hell, I'll just buy the MS warranty and not worry about it. And maybe even get to keep my hard drive worth of info if there IS a problem.

I've had my 360 for two weeks now and no problems thusfar. I give it A LOT of ventilation room and baby it quite a bit, seems to appreciate it.

[quote name='javeryh']You and me both. I think my 360 has been working better since I stopped playing Oblivion though and cleared out the cache. I get an occasional freeze playing Burnout and it's happened once playing Tomb Raider...[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's funny. Burnout and Tomb Raider have been giving me problems, too. Mostly Tomb Raider, though.

[quote name='Aleryn']Almost bought that bundle myself, but chose not to cuz I didn't want PGR3... and I wouldn't ever get around to selling or trading it away.

Yeah, Costco does have a good return policy if theres problems... but hell, I'll just buy the MS warranty and not worry about it. And maybe even get to keep my hard drive worth of info if there IS a problem.

I've had my 360 for two weeks now and no problems thusfar. I give it A LOT of ventilation room and baby it quite a bit, seems to appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

The catch with Costco is you're not paying for that warranty, it just comes with the product PERIOD. MS warranty costs you extra and only lasts 2 years. Remind me again WHY you should go with the MS warranty instead?

So, you can return the game by itself? I'm looking at getting a 360 soon, but dont want PGR3...if i could return it by itself for something else, I'm totally gonna be picking it up there.

[quote name='s4alex']do what I did, bought the bundle and returned the game for credit. $45 back for the game. makes the bundle only $440 for a 360/Extra Controller/PlayNcharge/Great warranty.[/quote]

dont u need the game to return the entire package back?

[quote name='Sarang01']The catch with Costco is you're not paying for that warranty, it just comes with the product PERIOD. MS warranty costs you extra and only lasts 2 years. Remind me again WHY you should go with the MS warranty instead?[/quote]

I can answer this one somewhat, if you return your 360 to a store you have to return the harddrive with all your save data on it. I believe it is possible to get back downloaded content and achievements attached to an xbox live account but all your game saves are gone.

Thus in order to keep your game saves in the event you must return your console you need an xbox360 memory unit which retails for $39.99. Plus with Costco you have to factor in the whole membership cost. The 2 year XBOX360 warranty is a bit more expensive, but chances are you aren't going to need to send in your harddrive.

That being said I think the Costco warranty sounded fairly good but I don't have a membership to Costco and I didn't see myself going to one enough to justify getting a membership.

Plus since I work at Target for my summer job I was able to get a 10% employee discount off my xbox360 making it only $360 +tax. If you add on the 2-year Microsoft warranty mine would still be cheaper then needing to buy a $40 memory unit to backup save data and I didn't need to pay any membership fees to get my 360.

Still, the Costco deal is great for people who already own and use their Costco membership a lot.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='icebeast']I can answer this one somewhat, if you return your 360 to a store you have to return the harddrive with all your save data on it. I believe it is possible to get back downloaded content and achievements attached to an xbox live account but all your game saves are gone.

Thus in order to keep your game saves in the event you must return your console you need an xbox360 memory unit which retails for $39.99. Plus with Costco you have to factor in the whole membership cost. The 2 year XBOX360 warranty is a bit more expensive, but chances are you aren't going to need to send in your harddrive.

That being said I think the Costco warranty sounded fairly good but I don't have a membership to Costco and I didn't see myself going to one enough to justify getting a membership.[/QUOTE]

I had to return two 360s to MS, and both times I was told that I had to also send back my HD since mine was a premium unit. I actually went out and bought a mem card so I wouldn't lose my game saves before I mailed it back.

This was back around the launch -- in Nov and Dec 2005 -- so maybe their policies have changed, I dunno.

So I would still tell people that the $40 Costco membership fee is worth it, even if they wouldn't do much shopping there. I understand the 360s are becoming better, but I'm on my fifth system, so I'm still a little wary. I've returned two to MS, and two to Costco (I sold the replacement for my second system on eBay back in January so that I could re-purchase it at Costco). Although I do understand buying it at Target with a 10% discount. That adds up to a decent chunk of change.

But still, it's very comforting to be able to walk into the store and walk out with a new system the same day instead of possibly having to wait up to two weeks for a refurbished system from MS.

hmm bought mine at Costo also. No problems of yet. Hope nothing happens. Have that Nyko Intercooler keeping it cool.

Never play PGR3, but opened it because it was my only game for long time. If i knew i could've returned it i wouldve done so. Too bad.

But got Call of Duty 2 and play it constantly online. Fun game.

[quote name='inca']hmm bought mine at Costo also. No problems of yet. Hope nothing happens. Have that Nyko Intercooler keeping it cool.

Never play PGR3, but opened it because it was my only game for long time. If i knew i could've returned it i wouldve done so. Too bad.

But got Call of Duty 2 and play it constantly online. Fun game.[/quote]

i think most of those overheating 360s are from people who are too hardcore of gamers and dont treat their systems well. i know 5+ people with xbox 360s and nothing has gone wrong with theirs so far, and mine is working like a charm. only problem i had so far was the game locked up on xbox live and once it wouldnt read the disc until i took it out and palced it back in...although i dont know if either one of those has to do with the system malfunctioning.

I'm getting one of these bundles from costco soon. Thank goodness for costco. It lets me not have to worry when I buy nice things.

Bump for those that newly discovered Costco or Sam's Club (I assume they have something like this too).

[quote name='heavy liquid']Heh, that's funny. Burnout and Tomb Raider have been giving me problems, too. Mostly Tomb Raider, though.[/QUOTE]
That's odd. I got a launch-ish 360 (with free media remote), and played through Tomb Raider 3 times with no problems at all. And while I was playing it, I was leaving it on pretty much all day, playing a couple missions here and there.

Picked up this bundle a few days ago and I'm glad I got it. The Play & Charge kit didn't seem good until I realized it came with a rechargeable battery and the controllers come with only AAs.

How are people returning the PG3 game to Costco? Or are you saying that you are trading it in somewhere?

bread's done
Back