Could a mod either PM me or someone answer this before it gets nuked? - Also, Canada

collector42

CAGiversary!
Is there only one Canadian thread on CAG? I mean, I appreciate there is one, but when asking region specific questions that don't necessarily deal with a "deal", are the posts simply deleted as OT, or moved to another thread? If so, which one? How does the poster know which thread? For that matter, how do you know if a thread you've created has been deleted in the first place?

I asked a regional question last night and can't find my post. I'm guessing it was deleted as OT? (I indicated it might be considered as such)

What is the procedure here? Curious as I'd really like a response, but need to know where its acceptable to post the question--where a Canadian will answer it as I'm not prepared to ship my console State-side. I know that I don't read the non-region specific threads; I imagine a good number of Canadians don't as well...

Thanks!

Don't know what happened to your missing post, but the Canadian section of the forums here is the best spot to get an answer from fellow Canucks, or the occasional lost American.

Usually new topics on the Canadian boards used to start with the title "[Canada]....", but I haven't seen as much of that since the forums got upgraded.

Which is weird as it was modding to put in an optical output port on the Wii and another system I forgot. It wasn't about modding it to play pirated games. How does this work anyway =o Optical sound right?

[quote name='Firestorm']Which is weird as it was modding to put in an optical output port on the Wii and another system I forgot. It wasn't about modding it to play pirated games. How does this work anyway =o Optical sound right?[/quote]

Just because we read the threads doesn't mean the mods do. I imagine a lot of the mods, probably the one that nuked his other thread (I read it too, I remember it being about "legal" modding) don't actually read what it is they are nuking because it's probably just easier or more convenient to look for keywords and nuke accordingly. For all we know he or she could of just looked at the title and canned it.

Yeah, disappointing as I specifically pointed out that I didn't want to deal with piracy-enabling mod-chips, but an after-market mod to output digital audio.

I hadn't considered an over-reactive mod. From what I'm hearing this forum allows a bit of lee-way regarding "off-topic" posts as the traffic here is relatively low in comparison to the larger threads/forums.

I guess I'll try again.

Has anyone dealt with the "old school gamer"? I want to add digital audio out (check out gamesx.com for info) to my Wii and Dreamcast. I hear he can do this, but google has flagged his website as having malicious code. Not encouraging. I believe Nexwave deals with him--maybe I'll just call them tomorrow to get his direct contact info...

Thanks for the input on the vanishing thread!

The original post got me thinking: why is it exactly there is only one forum for Canadians? Surely it can't be that hard in vbulletin to make a few subforums, for example: one for deals, one for questions, one for trades and one for everything else.

I, for one, would really appreciate both a questions and trading section, given the ludicrous size and unreadability of the current "Question and Answers" and trading threads.

To answer the the OP's question, a mod probably deleted it without reading it thoroughly. Maybe we can restore it in one of the new forums (see below).

[quote name='Winkels']The original post got me thinking: why is it exactly there is only one forum for Canadians? Surely it can't be that hard in vbulletin to make a few subforums, for example: one for deals, one for questions, one for trades and one for everything else.

I, for one, would really appreciate both a questions and trading section, given the ludicrous size and unreadability of the current "Question and Answers" and trading threads.[/quote]

Thats an interesting idea, one I am definitely willing to try out.

Its probably better if we start off small...how about Canadian specific versions of:

Video Game Deals
Deal Requests, Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights
Trading

Does that about cover it? We can always add more in the future.

[quote name='CheapyD']To answer the the OP's question, a mod probably deleted it without reading it thoroughly. Maybe we can restore it in one of the new forums (see below).

Thats an interesting idea, one I am definitely willing to try out.

Its probably better if we start off small...how about Canadian specific versions of:

Video Game Deals
Deal Requests, Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights
Trading

Does that about cover it? We can always add more in the future.[/quote]I could've sworn a bunch of us PMed you about a Canada trading board >_>; Yes, that's good to start off. Maybe transform the current Regional board into Video Game Deals and put Deal Requests + Shopping Discussion and Trading as sub-forums.

Bragging Rights could be there with the Deal Requests + Shopping Discussion, but I've honestly never seen anyone in the Canada board make a topic for that before. Usually we create a topic when there's a deal and we brag in there once we've got it =P

I'd help moderate and move things to their proper place if you want a Canadian who frequently visits to keep things tidy.

Woo Hoo were going to get a bigger Canadian forum!
Video Game deals,Trading, Deal Requests and Shopping Discussions are the biggest topics we have in this forum. Also a Canadian off topic category would be useful.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Also a Canadian off topic category would be useful.[/quote]How about making a Canadian Social Group?

About the post in question, it was actually reported by several users as "Console Modding." I took the time to read it and let it go, seeing as it was for the optical output. I'm sure one of the more gung-ho mods just went and deleted it without reading, as Cheapy mentioned.

Thanks for listening, Cheapy!

Whatever you do, I just hope that you keep all the Canadian stuff close in terms of navigation (i.e. in the form of subforums or something). I'm pretty sure most Canadians don't visit any other forums on the site, so it would be nice to have everything in one place, if possible.

[quote name='Winkels']Thanks for listening, Cheapy!

Whatever you do, I just hope that you keep all the Canadian stuff close in terms of navigation (i.e. in the form of subforums or something). I'm pretty sure most Canadians don't visit any other forums on the site, so it would be nice to have everything in one place, if possible.[/quote]
+2

Thanks CheapyD! Sounds like there are a lot of people clamoring for more Canadian sub-forums. Can't wait to see them! (and maybe get an answer to my original post! ;)

Just to clarify, the reason for my asking for specific subforums for Quebec is because most of the deals/free stuff that I see are restricted to the other 9 provinces and 3 territories. Dunno if that completely justifies giving Quebec its own nation-within-a-nation, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think a Quebec contests forum would probably stay empty lol

Good to see progress being made though. Can't wait for the new sub-forums!

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. On the one hand, Quebec users shouldn't have to wade through 20 "Valid in all regions of Canada except Quebec" to find something that is applicable, but on the other hand... is there enough content to justify a Quebec board?

bread's done
Back