Countdown on Atlus USA site for Persona 3 FES?

FunkyGish

CAGiversary!
There is a new banner on the front page of Atlus USA's site (www.atlus.us). The image on the banner appears to be ripped right from the intro of P3. My guess is that when it reaches zero Atlus will announce FES for NA.

A countdown that'll end in about a week, eh? Don't think I've seen them do a countdown on the main banner before. Hopefully it means it's one of its bigger franchises (Megaten). Well at least it's not the release of a new title as I don't see anything coming out in the US until next month (Baroque).

So I'll know whether to finally open my sealed Persona 3 or not then!...Hopefully P3 is packaged in FES, I honestly wouldn't mind throwing more money at Atlus.

[quote name='humidore']So I'll know whether to finally open my sealed Persona 3 or not then!...Hopefully P3 is packaged in FES, I honestly wouldn't mind throwing more money at Atlus.[/QUOTE]
Hah, my copy of Persona 3 is still sealed as well! I just haven't had the time to get around to playing it.

I guess we'll see if P3 will be included with FES, if it is FES. Maybe there will be two versions, one with and one without.

[quote name='blueshinra']
I guess we'll see if P3 will be included with FES, if it is FES. Maybe there will be two versions, one with and one without.[/quote]

In Japan, there are two versions of Fes. One has the full Persona 3 and Fes content on one disc. The other is an append disc that only has the Fes content. We're getting the full version that has Persona 3 and Fes.

[quote name='B.K.']In Japan, there are two versions of Fes. One has the full Persona 3 and Fes content on one disc. The other is an append disc that only has the Fes content. We're getting the full version that has Persona 3 and Fes.[/QUOTE]

Actually the append version also has the full Persona 3, it is just that the first time you play it you need the original Persona 3 game disc.

[quote name='B.K.']In Japan, there are two versions of Fes. One has the full Persona 3 and Fes content on one disc. The other is an append disc that only has the Fes content. We're getting the full version that has Persona 3 and Fes.[/quote]

That's awesome. I Traded off my copy of P3. It's great to know that I can pick up FES now, and have Persona 3

I have to ask how you know that we're getting the full version and not the append.

I dont quite like the sales double dipping though. Its a minor slap in the face to the people who already bought the original and now will be spending twice as much (perhaps) after the expanded version.

They shouldve delayed it and released FES only to begin with.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I have to ask how you know that we're getting the full version and not the append.

I dont quite like the sales double dipping though. Its a minor slap in the face to the people who already bought the original and now will be spending twice as much (perhaps) after the expanded version.

They shouldve delayed it and released FES only to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Wasting your time. They've been doing remake/reissue games in Japan for YEARS, its just that only now we're getting a taste of it via actual exporting the reissues. Its not gonna go away anytime soon with Japanese stuff, cuz it sells. Its weird, but hey, you don't like it, don't buy it.

I guess I wont need to open my P3... Question is will the value go way up or way down, not that I would ever really sell it. I just hope they print a lot of these so I don't need to put down another $40-50 for the second half of a game I already own

I wouldn't mind having to re-buy P3 again (I can always sell my original copy to make up for it), but I want to know if my original save will be compatible with this new version. I do mind if I have replay the game. F that, I'm still not done, and I've been playing since October.

Gah, I hope they sell the FES disc-only along with the Persona 3 + FES. As much as I love Atlus, I don't want to spend anymore extra money on a game I have.

Without spoiling too much, could someone tell me what the differences are between the original and the updated version of Persona 3? Also, can you theoretically upload the FES extras in the middle of a regular P3 save file? I want to get FES, but I don't want to start over yet D:

[quote name='Dori-dori']Gah, I hope they sell the FES disc-only along with the Persona 3 + FES. As much as I love Atlus, I don't want to spend anymore extra money on a game I have.

Without spoiling too much, could someone tell me what the differences are between the original and the updated version of Persona 3? Also, can you theoretically upload the FES extras in the middle of a regular P3 save file? I want to get FES, but I don't want to start over yet D:[/QUOTE]

There are two things on every copy of FES - Episode Aegis and the director's cut version of Persona 3 (you can also play the original P3 I think). Episode Aegis is new material that is independent of Persona 3.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That sucks. I was hoping it was a game where you could fight more than 33% of each battle.[/quote]

avatrrr883ac3.gif

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']That sucks. I was hoping it was a game where you could fight more than 33% of each battle.[/quote]

Just think of it as one of those generic team-based FPS games... where you have 5 guys shooting at enemies for you.

Did you actually play the game?

It was not perfect (although what game is?), but the auto-battling teammates didn't really do much (literally or to detract from the experience).

Also I'd say it's 25% really, since 3/4 members do their own thing most of the time.

[quote name='willardhaven']Just think of it as one of those generic team-based FPS games... where you have 5 guys shooting at enemies for you.

Did you actually play the game?

It was not perfect (although what game is?), but the auto-battling teammates didn't really do much (literally or to detract from the experience).

Also I'd say it's 25% really, since 3/4 members do their own thing most of the time.[/quote]
Yes, I played it, and didn't see what the big deal was. But, it's highly Japan-centric, so of course hardcore gamers are going to drool all over it.

[quote name='InuFaye']Its VG he hates everything.

Even Pizza Rolls.

No one hates Pizza Rolls.[/quote]I actually have a bag of cheese pizza rolls in my freezer right now.

I don't hate everything, and I didn't hate Persona 3. I just think there are a lot of way better RPG's on the PS2 that don't get/never have gotten half the love that Persona 3 gets.

I'm just sayin'

[quote name='InuFaye']least you dont hate pizza rolls.

This is good.[/quote]
I actually just recalled an early childhood memory, of my mom playing Vegas Dreams for the NES, while I sat and watched, waiting for her to get off so I can play while she makes pizza rolls for supper. Good times....good times.

Noticed this ad on rpgamer.com on the right side of the page (keep refreshing if you don't see it, it's Flash so I can't direct link):
http://www.rpgamer.com/

A countdown along with an arm with a gun on hand pointing towards the guy's head? Oh hell yeah, it's Fes. 100% confirmed.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Noticed this ad on rpgamer.com on the right side of the page (keep refreshing if you don't see it, it's Flash so I can't direct link):
http://www.rpgamer.com/

A countdown along with an arm with a gun on hand pointing towards the guy's head? Oh hell yeah, it's Fes. 100% confirmed.[/quote]

I saw that on IGN too. it's SO obvious.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla'] I just think there are a lot of way better RPG's on the PS2 that don't get/never have gotten half the love that Persona 3 gets.
[/QUOTE]

Like what, for instance?

Love the new ad! Can't wait.

fuck it all man, Im Hyped, I remember bitching about this in the Persona 3 thread, pre release. We all thought this was never gonna happen. Third times a charm. Though I still would rather have a PS2 port of Dragon Force 1 and 2. Maybe one day. Also I wonder when Atlus america will announce P4 for PS2?

[quote name='Oswald9599']. Also I wonder when Atlus america will announce P4 for PS2?[/QUOTE]

they said it be a PS3 exclusive....they announced it awhile ago (welll listed it in upcoming PS3 titles in the next 2 years list)

[quote name='refusedchaos']they said it be a PS3 exclusive....they announced it awhile ago (welll listed it in upcoming PS3 titles in the next 2 years list)[/quote]
Yep Just like Rei said, P4 is tenatively coming to ps2, though Im still looking for this fiscal chart that shows it on PS3 that others have talked about. Im Just wondering if the U.S will get in time before the PS2's Demise. Come to think of it the only next gen Atlus game coming out is spectral force 3 on XB360, announced at least.

On Topic

Did anyone else hear that this might be coming in march? The atlus forums and GameFaq forums are a buzz with this.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Come to think of it the only next gen Atlus game coming out is spectral force 3 on XB360, announced at least.[/QUOTE]
There's also Operation Darkness for the 360.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']There's also Operation Darkness for the 360.[/quote]
Oh yeah, the Monster tac. game, nice. I cant wait for that.

bread's done
Back