couple of questions about gamestop powerup

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
so i finally got around to upgrading my edge card to powerup rewards a couple days ago, and i had some questions.

1) how long does it take to get the B2G1 coupon?

2) do i have to use the powerup card to get the rewards points? i ask because i still have my edge card too (it has $200+ on it still), so if i use that for a purchase will it not give me any points?

3) does it work on the website yet?

4) with preorders, it only counts as purchasing a new item? i figured they would try to give bigger incentive to preorder items.

1) A few days.

2)When I got mine they checked to see if I had any credit left on my Edge card (I didn't) so they could transfer it to the Power Up card. Surprised they didn't do the same with you. So I guess I'm not really sure.

3)Nope.

4)Yeah, it just counts as a purchase.

2) Just have them scan your Powerup Card or give them your phone number at the beginning, and when it comes time to pay, tell them you have an Edge/gift card to use as payment so you can use up your credit and still get the points.

They redesigned the GameStop website, and now you can merge your Power Up Rewards account and your GameStop.com account, I assume this will allow you to earn points on your GameStop.com purchases. Unfortunately I'm not planning on buying anything from the website until my e-rewards card (hopefully) shows up, so someone should try it out and let us know if you get any points.

cool i was just coming to see if anyone had mentioned being able to merge your powerup card yet. this works out nicely because i wanted to preorder golden sun for ds, and i still had a $10 credit from a game i ordered months ago, which would make the game $25. and i did just get my erewards $25 card so i didn't want to have to use my powerup card instead.

actually i got another question and i figure i'll ask it in this same topic- my state is one of the ones where if you buy something and pay it with store credit, you don't get charged tax. does this also apply to orders made with regular gift cards?

edit: oh and also, it's been about a week since i got my powerup activated, but still no B2G1 coupon. is that normal?

2) do i have to use the powerup card to get the rewards points? i ask because i still have my edge card too (it has $200+ on it still), so if i use that for a purchase will it not give me any points?
So far I've been using my edge card and the rewards points have been racking up anyhow. Good thing too because I asked the associates whether the balance would transfer over and they pretty much said I'm going to be stuck with two cards for awhile.

[quote name='y2jasper']edit: oh and also, it's been about a week since i got my powerup activated, but still no B2G1 coupon. is that normal?[/QUOTE]

No idea if it's normal, but I'm in the same boat. It's good becuase I'm largely broke, but it's bad becase... well... I want it!

[quote name='DuelLadyS']No idea if it's normal, but I'm in the same boat. It's good becuase I'm largely broke, but it's bad becase... well... I want it![/QUOTE]

Same for me and my friend. Over a week for us both and nothing. I called to complain on Sunday and they said they'd look into it. As you can guess still no coupon. I'm about to call again and get really upset tomorrow.

[quote name='jimbodan']Same for me and my friend. Over a week for us both and nothing. I called to complain on Sunday and they said they'd look into it. As you can guess still no coupon. I'm about to call again and get really upset tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They finally responded to my second e-mail and claimed there were 2 data base crashes last week and they were working on it with a 3rd party company and they hoped to start sending out coupons "in the coming week".

Seriously what a joke, apparently they are the only website that is incapable of automatically sending an e-mail with a code when you hit activate on their site.

Having the same issue with not receiving a coupon, glad it's not just me. I'll be sure to check this thread for follow-up info.

I did call their customer service because I noticed they didn't give me points for purchasing the Rock Band 3 bundle, because I paid with my old Edge card. The guy asked for my receipt info, and straightened it out no problem. I'm in the same boat as somebody above, the girl who transfered my account from Edge to Power Up told me she couldn't move my credit from my old card to my new card, she claimed it was because my card was so old. I thought that was a lousy excuse. But I've gone about 2 years straight never being completely out of GS credit, so they've never given me a new card. I'm sure a lot of other CAGs are in that same boat.

Just curious, for the people waiting on a coupon are you expecting an email? It's not an email, it should show up on your dashboard on the Power Up website, under active offers. You just download it and print it out.

Can the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" coupon from the Power Up Rewards site be used more than once? I downloaded and printed one and the option is still up. It says one per customer, so is it tied to your rewards account or can you print out multiple coupons for different times until it expires?

[quote name='DJP519']Having the same issue with not receiving a coupon, glad it's not just me. I'll be sure to check this thread for follow-up info.

I did call their customer service because I noticed they didn't give me points for purchasing the Rock Band 3 bundle, because I paid with my old Edge card. The guy asked for my receipt info, and straightened it out no problem. I'm in the same boat as somebody above, the girl who transfered my account from Edge to Power Up told me she couldn't move my credit from my old card to my new card, she claimed it was because my card was so old. I thought that was a lousy excuse. But I've gone about 2 years straight never being completely out of GS credit, so they've never given me a new card. I'm sure a lot of other CAGs are in that same boat.[/QUOTE]

yeah when the associate told me he couldn't transfer my credit to the new card, i kind of felt it was more of him just not wanting to do it, especially since he said something like "because theres so much credit on here, it would take a while"...which makes no sense. but whatever, i don't mind having an extra card.

[quote name='rainking187']Just curious, for the people waiting on a coupon are you expecting an email? It's not an email, it should show up on your dashboard on the Power Up website, under active offers. You just download it and print it out.[/QUOTE]

yes we know its supposed to be in active offers, i actually go and check the site 2-3 times a day but so far i've had no offers listed.

For the past few days now, I've been able to log into the powerup rewards site periodically, but other times I'd log in and get a default page asking for me to activate my card (when I've already done this) and I was unable to access any of my powerup features. I called a couple days ago and the csr told me it was a problem with the interface and that other users were having the same problem so just a heads up for those who are experiencing it as well.

Oh, and has anyone figured out what the Birthday Bonus is? The flyer is intentionally vague about exactly what it is, but apparently both basic and pro users have it so I don't think it'd be anything spectacular.

[quote name='y2jasper']yeah when the associate told me he couldn't transfer my credit to the new card, i kind of felt it was more of him just not wanting to do it, especially since he said something like "because theres so much credit on here, it would take a while"...which makes no sense. but whatever, i don't mind having an extra card.[/QUOTE]

Weird. When the Powerup Rewards thing started in my area, the employees at the GS I go to was transferring whatever credit you had on the EDGE card to the new card by doing some type of roundabout transaction.

[quote name='rainking187']Just curious, for the people waiting on a coupon are you expecting an email? It's not an email, it should show up on your dashboard on the Power Up website, under active offers. You just download it and print it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah been checking both my e-mail and my "active offers" on the site and no dice.

I joined PowerUp about a week ago. I had sent an email asking about my code and pointing out an issue I had with the site. This is the reply I received.

"Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but we are still in the process of generating your code. We send out mass emails for customers reporting invalid and nonexistent Buy 2 Get 1 Free codes once a month.

As per the issue with the library, it is a know technical issue. I submitted a ticket for it, please allow 5-7 business days for the resolution

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Regards,

Maggie D
Customer Service Agent

Best Regards,
Maggie
GameStop Customer Service
PowerUp Rewards "

I got the same email to, but mine indicated one to two weeks. I'm not real happy about it because since Black Friday is coming up soon, and since Gamestop normally does a Buy 2 Get 1 Free during Black Friday, then depending on how long the coupon is good for, it might wind up being meaningless.

[quote name='y2jasper']hey guys i just checked and i now have the B2G1 free coupon![/QUOTE]

Same here, and the good news is, it's good thru 1/31/11, so plenty of time to wait for a good deal with price drops and whatnot.

That's weird. Maybe because you signed up a couple weeks before I did? But lame that we get the coupons on the same day, with different expiration dates.

Mine's here and through 12/31 as well- I'm sure signup dates are at play (I signed up at the end of October, for reference.)

Anyone randomly get a bunch of points? I was checking my account today and I got 600 points three days ago with no explanation as to why. I haven't bought anything from GameStop or GameStop.com or traded anything in since Ghost of Sparta came out.

Has anyone tried using a powerup rewards coupon (ie. $10 off a purchase) with the B2G1 coupon? Gut instinct tells me they won't stack just because it's Gamestop, but I was just curious if anyone tried it.

Not sure if posting here or starting a new thread would help me out at the moment, but I failed to get my card scanned yesterday when making a purchase. I returned to the store - after waiting in line to ask my question, just to avoid upsetting any of the other customers waiting in line - and was told I could get the points by entering the receipt information on the website.

I've been looking around the PowerUpRewards webpage, namely through all of the options available when logged in, and can't find anywhere to place this information to get the points. Maybe it wasn't explained to me clearly enough or I'm on the wrong site, but I'm having a tough time figuring this out. Any help or suggestions?

[quote name='SAINTofSINS']Not sure if posting here or starting a new thread would help me out at the moment, but I failed to get my card scanned yesterday when making a purchase. I returned to the store - after waiting in line to ask my question, just to avoid upsetting any of the other customers waiting in line - and was told I could get the points by entering the receipt information on the website.

I've been looking around the PowerUpRewards webpage, namely through all of the options available when logged in, and can't find anywhere to place this information to get the points. Maybe it wasn't explained to me clearly enough or I'm on the wrong site, but I'm having a tough time figuring this out. Any help or suggestions?[/QUOTE]

They could have just returned the games and let you re-buy them on the spot with your card. I'm not aware of any receipt info on the website; the FAQ even says the points are not valid on past purchases.

I think you can call them and have them add the points to your account. I think there is a phone number buried somewhere on the Power Up website.

Well I have to return to the store and exchange a copy of Madden NFL 09 seeing as they gave me a completely scratched version that is unplayable. This after they told me they wouldn't accept my trade in's of about 7 games that they claimed were "scratched and incapable of refurbishing" - games which I purchased as is mostly from that store.

So I'll see what I can do about it at the store, else I'll just try and e-mail. Thanks anyway.

bread's done
Back