Cover your ears...it's Lumines II!

Darkside Hazuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Snagged this at TRU yesterday (they also had EEE if you're so inclined).
I'm enjoying it, but it shares a few things with the X360 version so don't expect an entirely new experience. It is more difficult to play with those videos in the background.

Now for the music...

I don't know what track is playing on the second skin in the basic Challenge mode, but it's one of the worst excuses for music I've ever heard. I don't mind screaming if it's done with a purpose, but this is just...noise. You WILL mute your PSP during this track.

To make matters worse, the sound effects that let you contribute to the music in the other skins are almost non-existant during the licensed tracks, making them feel intrusive.

That said, it's more Lumines goodness, so if you liked it before, you'll like it now.

Just my $.02

good god, have you guys seen the "bottle rocket" skin? its the second one in class A, is there any way to exclude a skin from the rotation? I hate this shit, its like a blurry collection of home videos from the 70's with vocals that i can't make out, it makes me cringe every time.

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever get Lumines 2. After I saw the songlist I don't think I'll ever pay money for it.

EEE however looks awesome.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you should've stuck with EEE. It's te better game this time around and the music dosn't suck.[/quote]

I only like Lumines on my phone (I don't have the paitentence to build up mega combos. I need the CPU to keep me on my toes) so I'll be passing this up.

E3 though is going to be sweet as hell. The PC DEMO of the PSP game has been out for awhile and kicked all sorts of ass. But you know what...

I think that Gunpey will beat them both out. I'm excited about that game the most (less time to create combos, has that lumines feel and will be longer than E3).

I'll still be picking up E3 though.

How much like the 360 version is this? As soon as I get my 360 back from repair, I plan on definitely getting the Live version. Should I bother with this version at all?

[quote name='M3wThr33']No. Avoid the overpriced 360 version at all costs.[/QUOTE]QFT. Lumines II has more than Lumines Live, and you'll get all the content you need at once, instead of stupid micropayments. Plus, the game was made for a handheld in mind.

I've been addicted to the demo on EEE, so I'm definitely buying this game. I absolutely love the music and it's making me want it. Since the Japanese look to have a different track list, I may buy that too.

How far into which challenge mode is Hollaback Girl? Just wondering because (I'll probably get flamed for this:) I'm a Gwen Stefani fan. And I won't be getting this game for another month.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']How far into which challenge mode is Hollaback Girl? Just wondering because (I'll probably get flamed for this:) I'm a Gwen Stefani fan. And I won't be getting this game for another month.[/QUOTE]

hollaback girl is the 5th skin

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you should've stuck with EEE. It's te better game this time around and the music dosn't suck.[/quote]

What is EEE?

[quote name='FurryCurry']I think that Gunpey will beat them both out. I'm excited about that game the most (less time to create combos, has that lumines feel and will be longer than E3).[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. I have both L2 and Gunpey and Gunpey is FAR better. L2 is just "more of the same," but the tracklisting is more Western than I'd like (Hoobastank, Black Eyed Peas). Gunpey has awesome music, the skins are really imaginative, and the gameplay is really addictive.

Gunpey FTW.

EDIT: Review linked.

[quote name='jrutz']Hell yes. I have both L2 and Gunpey and Gunpey is FAR better. L2 is just "more of the same," but the tracklisting is more Western than I'd like (Hoobastank, Black Eyed Peas). Gunpey has awesome music, the skins are really imaginative, and the gameplay is really addictive.

Gunpey FTW.

EDIT: Review linked.[/QUOTE]I've considered Gunpey many times, but wasn't really sure about getting it.

[quote name='JEKKI']the question is,

do you get the PSP or DS version??[/QUOTE]I can't decide, because I like the anime look of the DS version, but want PSP sound quality.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']QFT. Lumines II has more than Lumines Live, and you'll get all the content you need at once, instead of stupid micropayments. Plus, the game was made for a handheld in mind.

I've been addicted to the demo on EEE, so I'm definitely buying this game. I absolutely love the music and it's making me want it. Since the Japanese look to have a different track list, I may buy that too.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that the Japanese version might have a different track list? I'm not buying Lumines II as it is, but if the Japanese version fixes the music selection... then yeah, I'll pick it up.

bread's done
Back