COWABUNGA DUDES! TMNT out now on XBLA - 400pts!

[quote name='JJSP']I'm not exactly sure, but if it's the same one I just started watching (split into five parts), I think it's a fake. Normally when using the jump+attack move (in his case, he played as Donatello - so the big jumping swing), it takes away health in exchange for the one-hit kill. This dude used it probably three or four times in the first part of the loft, and never took a life bar hit for it.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just something weird I noticed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the special move does not drain life in the original arcade game, nor in the NES port. I use the special attack almost exclusively when I play.

All subsequent Turtles games (TMNT III and Turtles in Time) had special moves that drained energy with their use.

[quote name='Pylis']Actually, the special move does not drain life in the original arcade game, nor in the NES port. I use the special attack almost exclusively when I play.

All subsequent Turtles games (TMNT III and Turtles in Time) had special moves that drained energy with their use.[/QUOTE]
Ah, alright. I remember losing a few bars of health whenever you used the special move. I just wasn't sure if it was the original game or the sequels.

That said, Raphael's special move (the rolling kick) is pretty useless.

Over 25 peeps now have the turtle soup achivement, but some of them don't have the full points yet.

People are posting on the other two boards that I frequent that you can get the "Turtle Soup" achivement in single player and multiplayer. Most people have gotten the achivement with three other people and use the helm trick to fight with more ease. The helm trick is if you knock the helm off of Shredders clones and Shredder himself he can't cast the mutate beam. One of the guys who got it had everyone not get hit by the beam, and he was the only one to get the achivement. Talk about fucked up.

It apparently has nothing to do with health either, as some people did it without losing health and others have done it dieing multiple times.

It's the wierdest "glitched" achivement I have witnessed on the 360 and hope theres a patch out soon, or a detailed explanation to get it without having to get to shredder and praying everytime for it.

[quote name='lilboo']So who are the bad guys in this game/movie? Shredder? Krang? Beebop & Rocksteady?!!?

God, I wish.

But is the game GOOD? (Movie game)

EDIT: LOL just read your other post that said it IS good. Should this be a game to get on sale? a $30 game?[/QUOTE]

bad guys are like

some guy with a hammer, a gorilla, and some weird guy

oh and there's a flash back fight where you fight shredder

i beat the game and got 1k/1k in about 4 hours

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Over 25 peeps now have the turtle soup achivement, but some of them don't have the full points yet.

People are posting on the other two boards that I frequent that you can get the "Turtle Soup" achivement in single player and multiplayer. Most people have gotten the achivement with three other people and use the helm trick to fight with more ease. The helm trick is if you knock the helm off of Shredders clones and Shredder himself he can't cast the mutate beam. One of the guys who got it had everyone not get hit by the beam, and he was the only one to get the achivement. Talk about fucked up.

It apparently has nothing to do with health either, as some people did it without losing health and others have done it dieing multiple times.

It's the wierdest "glitched" achivement I have witnessed on the 360 and hope theres a patch out soon, or a detailed explanation to get it without having to get to shredder and praying everytime for it.[/quote]

Heh, I guess I should feel lucky that I got it the first time I beat him without being changed.

I just got the Shredder co-op achievement, had to solo him since the only other guy alive died to Krang. Had 3 lives left and I didn't think I could do it, but I managed to kill Shredder on my last life! I also didn't get the glitched Turtle Soup achievement even though I dodged every of Shredder's beams.

[quote name='JJSP']Ah, alright. I remember losing a few bars of health whenever you used the special move. I just wasn't sure if it was the original game or the sequels.

That said, Raphael's special move (the rolling kick) is pretty useless.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I dunno why they needed to give him a unique special, especially because it sucks.

[quote name='gizmogc']The movie version (afyer playing for 30 minutes and unlocking 250 or so acheivement points) is way to easy and boring. Almost every level follows this pattern.

1. Run for 2 minutes
2. Fight 10-15 guys.
3. Run and jump for 2-4 minutes
4. Fight 10-15 guys
5. Run and jump for 5 minutes
6. Fight for Guys
AND SOMETIMES
7. Fight boss

Yeah....way to easy. In each level there are only 2-3 different bad guys....all look the same.[/QUOTE]
Where did you get the movie game already?

some guy taught me some crazy glitch when I was jumping up and backwards on that stage when youre walking on the freeway fuckin' foot soldier ass up. I got stuck like on top of the building part and was able to walk all the way across the stage without being hit, but I felt bad for not helping out, so I didnt touch any pizzas and beat general traag for them while they hung back. haha IM UP FOR A GAME TONIGHT, IM ME ON AIM - tiredforawhile, and let me know so I can turn my xbox on.

[quote name='Pylis']Agreed. I dunno why they needed to give him a unique special, especially because it sucks.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Ralph is easily the best person to play as.

[quote name='seanr1221']You're kidding right? Ralph is easily the best person to play as.[/quote]

I agree, his special is really useful when used correctly.

[quote name='tiredfornow']some guy taught me some crazy glitch when I was jumping up and backwards on that stage when youre walking on the freeway fuckin' foot soldier ass up. I got stuck like on top of the building part and was able to walk all the way across the stage without being hit, but I felt bad for not helping out, so I didnt touch any pizzas and beat general traag for them while they hung back. haha IM UP FOR A GAME TONIGHT, IM ME ON AIM - tiredforawhile, and let me know so I can turn my xbox on.[/quote]
I have heard of this glitch...how exactly does it work?

[quote name='soccerstud652']I agree, his special is really useful when used correctly.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but he is great to use against bosses and throws foot clan ninjas way more frequently then the other turtles.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I have heard of this glitch...how exactly does it work?[/QUOTE]

you know the little dividers between the blocks on the concrete railings on the highway (detailed description) you just jump up and backwards but hold down jump so you get the max jump and just press back and up and you should do it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Not only that, but he is great to use against bosses and throws foot clan ninjas way more frequently then the other turtles.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Raph's special move has its applications, but the reason I dislike it is because it isn't as powerful as the special move the rest of the turtles share. Sure, Raphael can get into the fight quickly with his rolling kick, and to some degree it can be useful as a hit-and-run strategy against some bosses (though you're far better off just manipulating the AI in most cases), but everybody else's special move is an instant kill. I'd much sooner give my vote to Donatello as the best character because of his long range. It's extremely easy to take down full groups of foot soldiers (like four or five of them) at a time with one use of his special move, making it easy to put up some really high scores.

I take no credit for this as I found it posted on GAMEFAQS...

'I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.
2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.
3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal
4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk
5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello
6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off
7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray
8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself
9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement
10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME'

CREDIT GOES TO morning_red from another msg board and this can also be done with two controllers. If you don't have two controllers or more Again this can be done with two controllers. While this might seem to be a pain in the ass, it really isn't. Just get to Krang and load the guy who you want to get the achivement as soon as Krang is down to very low health, kill em, then get killed by shredder...not too hard to do at all.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I take no credit for this as I found it posted on GAMEFAQS...

'I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.
2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.
3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal
4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk
5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello
6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off
7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray
8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself
9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement
10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME'

CREDIT GOES TO morning_red from another msg board and this can also be done with two controllers. If you don't have two controllers or more Again this can be done with two controllers. While this might seem to be a pain in the ass, it really isn't. Just get to Krang and load the guy who you want to get the achivement as soon as Krang is down to very low health, kill em, then get killed by shredder...not too hard to do at all.[/QUOTE]

So wait, this can be done with two players instead of four in a local game? If so, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the post, since this one's been driving me nuts.

Thanks for posting the turtle soup guide, Monsta Mack. Hope it works, probably try it tonight if I have time after finishing my paper, otherwise tomorrow night.

[quote name='Pylis']Confirmed! Did it with only two turtles, worked like a charm. Thanks again, Monsta Mack.[/QUOTE]

Also worked for me with two controllers, thanks Monsta Mack!

[quote name='Trakan']Did you guys have two accounts, or will it work with a guest?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about if it works with a guest, I'd think it wouldn't be a problem. I used a XBL silver account for the second controller though.

Anyone remember hearing rumors about what you could do in this game back when it was out? In 5th grade I remember multiple people swearing up and down that you could lose/break your weapon, and there was a way to make Raph throw his sai.

[quote name='Trakan']Did you guys have two accounts, or will it work with a guest?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the game forced me to create a silver account before I could even let two people play. Not sure, though. In any case, I created a silver account for the second controller.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Anyone remember hearing rumors about what you could do in this game back when it was out? In 5th grade I remember multiple people swearing up and down that you could lose/break your weapon, and there was a way to make Raph throw his sai.[/quote]

Thats because little kids make things up.

[quote name='Pylis']I'm pretty sure the game forced me to create a silver account before I could even let two people play. Not sure, though. In any case, I created a silver account for the second controller.[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot I had my Japanese account that I haven't used in forever. Got it no problem.

Thanks Monsta Mack.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I played this today and man I didn't realize how hard it was. I don't know how long I would last with only 20 credits online.[/quote]
If you have 3 other people who are decent then you should be able to beat the game.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I played this today and man I didn't realize how hard it was. I don't know how long I would last with only 20 credits online.[/quote]

well it depends on who you play with, a lot of people just go balls out and dont use any strategy on the bosses and what not and just get their lives knocked off like crazy, but it's easy when you play with competent people.

Ok...

So I just played through single player trying to beat my high score (was 323, now 435). I finished up at 435 and really killed EVERYTHING possible, including the 70 or so mousers.

How do people get 9999 as a score? Even with the boomerang guys and sewer missles, how is it possible to get a score so high? What am I missing?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Ok...

So I just played through single player trying to beat my high score (was 323, now 435). I finished up at 435 and really killed EVERYTHING possible, including the 70 or so mousers.

How do people get 9999 as a score? Even with the boomerang guys and sewer missles, how is it possible to get a score so high? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

I haven't bothered to do this, but there is a trick in the second level that allows you to achieve a score that high if you have the patience. Basically, get to a point in the second level where there is both a light post and at least one boomerang foot soldier on the screen (which should be pretty early in the stage). Kill all of the enemies on the screen, except for one boomerang guy. Make sure that you leave the light post standing. Now, try to position yourself such that you're vertically directly behind one side of the light post and the boomerang guy is vertically directly behind the opposite side. The AI will dictate that the foot soldier blindly walk forward into the light, so he'll never be able to reach you. He'll continue to throw boomerangs at you, though. Destroy the boomerangs for one point each.

Edit: I noticed that you said, "with the boomerang guys." My understanding is that they have an unlimited number of boomerangs to throw at you, but if this isn't the case, just ignore my whole post.

I really wish I would've heard that you can stretch out the screen to full screen sooner. I'm going to be playing this over and over and over tonight.

I just received the TMNT Arcade manual for NES (w/ Pizza Hut coupon!)...if anyone wants some detailed pics I'll be happy to post them.

EDIT: Added the Pizza Hut Coupon in real size.

tmntmanual0001.jpg

fucking piece of shit game. Anyone else having this problem? 4 player local co-op, game freezes after the level in which you have to fight both bebop and rock steady. I think it's the bridge level. Right when you get to the first tire. This has happened twice at the same spot on two different 360s.

[quote name='DT778']fucking piece of shit game. Anyone else having this problem? 4 player local co-op, game freezes after the level in which you have to fight both bebop and rock steady. I think it's the bridge level. Right when you get to the first tire. This has happened twice at the same spot on two different 360s.[/QUOTE]

Yuuup, happened to me once before, except it was 3 people playing.

bread's done
Back