Cowboom Video Game Console Fire Sale again, alternating systems, pre-owned

Just added a dsi XL to my cart, but it says it won't come with an ac adapter or a stylus. What's the point of buying it then

[quote name='TheLongshot']*sigh*, it looks like all the DSi's are gone. All I get now are XLs and 3DSs.[/QUOTE]

Don't give up. I just now saw a white one up, still $50.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I bought a DSi XL rated 6 - what should I expect condition wise (asking previous cowboom customers)[/QUOTE]

I bought a 6 DSi last week and it was near perfect condition. It came with all accessories, including box/manuals. The unit is almost flawless except the faintest scratches on the lower screen.

Finally did get the Pokemon DSi. First under was under review then the second went ok.

Still curious to see the quality. Does anyone know if you can return these at Best Buy if not satisfied?

Got one of the blue DSi XLs for $80, later realized it was missing the stylus. Not much of a loss, as a 6-pack is $6 (3 stylus, 3 pens), and I already use my own super-stylus (emptied mechanical pencil with the end nub melted down).

Unlike Amazon Warehouse Deals, they don't adjust the price based on what is missing. The Wiis are all $70, though a good chunk are missing the WiiMotes and Nunchucks. Many of the 3DS are missing the SD cards. Nearly all of the XLs are missing the pen stylus. The PSP Gos are almost all complete, but nobody seems to give a shit.

Seems like it is down to one of the Stlyus-less XLs, PSP Go missing a bunch of stuff, and the Japanese Wii that is missing everything.

This is not a one of a kind sale. Cowbom has very good prices all around for their used consoles so if you really want a used console just browse from time to time and you will get one eventually.
I am waiting for my $110 3DS that was shipped yesterday, it was condition 6 so I expect it to very in very good condition. I think the only thing missing was the 2gb card which can be easily replaced IMHO.

Holy cow...boom, my 3ds is in canada, lol. Should be here by Friday....

Is there a certain time new deals pop up?

just missed out on the XL :(

edit- blue XL up now, just ordered it :)

it seems as if quantities are limited, if you keep adding stuff to cart, eventually you can get other stuff to pop up, max items per cart is 5 so I would add until I get to 4 that I don't plan on keeping if I don't get what I want to pop up and then keep refreshing...

tempted to get this $110 3ds

problem is it's grade 5, seems REALLY low and i am OCD when it comes to scratches.

Well game systems seem to be a reoccurring thing, they always have a dotd after 12am, they have good prices, most items I believe have a 30-90 day wty, or a purchasable one for 1-3 years for cheap

[quote name='nwaugh']Woohoo! My DSi XL arrived today! :) Sadly, it'll be several hours before I'm home to check it out. :*([/QUOTE]

Would you mind posting some pics and the rating of the item in Cowboom. Want to relate condition of the system with the rating given. Thanks

Sure, I can do that, though it may be the weekend before I get to (long work hours). For what it's worth, the listing claimed it was condition rating 9 (I know, I don't believe it either).

I will also give detailed info on the conditions of the systems I receive from cowboom (they were all 6s)

I do have one question though; do all 60gb 360s have HDMI? I just realized i didn't bother to confirm that the one i ordered had one or not. It's kinda a deal breaker, but i don't remember when they started adding HDMI to 360s.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I will also give detailed info on the conditions of the systems I receive from cowboom (they were all 6s)

I do have one question though; do all 60gb 360s have HDMI? I just realized i didn't bother to confirm that the one i ordered had one or not. It's kinda a deal breaker, but i don't remember when they started adding HDMI to 360s.[/QUOTE]

Assuming it's paired with its original hard drive, then all 60GB 360s should have HDMI ports, I believe. Some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Pro_.2F_Xbox_360_Premium

the 60 replaced the 20, right? (or were they in production concurrently?)

if so, i'd say the 60's should all have hdmi as some of the newer 20's had it.

i got my 360 in... 2007? it was whatever year that the holiday pack came with Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. it's a 20gb and has HDMI (well,.. it was a 20 until i learned how to make it a 250)

[quote name='lorne']3ds cosmo black is still $110 + fs or around $119 after tax. They have Grade 5 & 6 and one 7.[/QUOTE]

yeah i feel ripped off now $5 cheaper than what i bought 2 days ago and higher quality what a great company contacted there customer service and its also very lame. im not holding my breath for the 3ds i ordered.

You got a very good deal on a relatively new handheld on the market. Why bellyache and demand a refund from a company that doesn't really owe you anything? I think this is why some companies choose to treat all of their customers poorly anymore, since a small(but very vocal) percentage of their customers are overly demanding.

You obviously thought it was a good enough deal when you hit submit order, so why moan over $5 and that they're now putting out 'higher quality' ones? You got a deal, be happy with it. Some couldn't even get the 3DS systems to pop up for them to attempt to buy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: Prices drop or get raised all the time. Whatever happened to people being happy with the deal they got and not bellyaching about when they see a better deal and demanding a partial refund?[/QUOTE]Yes, sir. Clearly, you purchased something at a price you thought was fine. So what if it's slightly cheaper several days down the road?

Avoid trading stocks, guys. No refunds there.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Yes, sir. Clearly, you purchased something at a price you thought was fine. So what if it's slightly cheaper several days down the road?

Avoid trading stocks, guys. No refunds there.[/QUOTE]
Actually I just started trading stock in December so far GE and nvidia I have doing very well for me. And I try to save all the money I can im a penny pincher sure but il take any good deals I can. It just aggravates me when I bought something and then they put it on a better sale 2 days on the road I put a lot of time into researching deals and stuff so I can maximize my dollar.

[quote name='jeff1304']Actually I just started trading stock in December so far GE and nvidia I have doing very well for me. And I try to save all the money I can im a penny pincher sure but il take any good deals I can. It just aggravates me when I bought something and then they put it on a better sale 2 days on the road I put a lot of time into researching deals and stuff so I can maximize my dollar.[/QUOTE]
We all do and it sucks when there's a better deal a week(or a month) later. You feel like you could've managed to get more for your money if you waited. This happened to me with Best Buy's ultra clearance they did of some titles right before Christmastime. I bought Alice: Madness Returns for $19.50 and then I believe later on they had it for under $10 on their website. This also happened with Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, where I believe they lowered it to the same price as Alice eventually($9.50) and I lost out on $10 again.:cry:

But at the time I felt that I received a great deal, so eventually my feeling of losing out subsided.

You can't win them all. If you chase deals all the time, you're bound to get burned once in a while. It happens to everyone. When I get burned I just suck it up and think about all the amazing deals I've gotten that far outweigh any bad purchases.

More bitching incoming..

I received my PSP go today. All is well except the ANALOG STICK DOES NOT WORK.

What the fuck is wrong with this company? They are 0 for 2 so far. I have a 360 coming from them next week and i'm terrified on what's going to be wrong with it.

This is shady as hell.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']More bitching incoming..

What the fuck is wrong with this company? They are 0 for 2 so far. I have a 360 coming from them next week and i'm terrified on what's going to be wrong with it.

This is shady as hell.[/QUOTE]

Not to scare you more, but when my 360 came the wireless card was shot. It was still under MS warranty though, so I just sent it in.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']More bitching incoming..

This is shady as hell.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything shady about it. Sometimes when you buy used products there are issues that were missed in their inspection and testing. That's the case regardless of who you're buying it from. Their return process is extremely simple so either exchange it for one that works or get your money back.

Personally I bought a Wii and a DSi XL from them over the last few weeks, both rated 6, and they both arrived fully functional and in much better condition than I expected. The DSi was still in the original box.

my pspgo was rated 5 and it was scratch-free and worked fine, until i noticed that it has been opened/disassembled before and wasn't closed right. i fixed it and still works but i wonder why it was like that.

[quote name='sevenfold']I don't see anything shady about it. Sometimes when you buy used products there are issues that were missed in their inspection and testing. That's the case regardless of who you're buying it from. Their return process is extremely simple so either exchange it for one that works or get your money back.

Personally I bought a Wii and a DSi XL from them over the last few weeks, both rated 6, and they both arrived fully functional and in much better condition than I expected. The DSi was still in the original box.[/QUOTE]

I felt that way and thought the first order was just an unlucky mistake, but two in a row? seriously? I'm doubly dissapointed because both products came in pristine condition otherwise. So now two out of my three cowboom ordered are being RMA'd.

fueledbytrueman: it's an old style 360 so it doesnt have a wireless card to be shot, thankfully.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']fucking cowboom! They sent me a DSi instead of a DSi XL! Now I have to go through a huge hassle to get this fixed.[/QUOTE]

Cowboom (Noun): is the manure that booms out of a cow's rectum and spills all over the floor.

bread's done
Back