Crackdown 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out Now!

I just started playing this game. Is there anyway to make aiming/moving the right stick around any faster? It feels so sluggish.

This also might sound stupid but how do you reload?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']I just started playing this game. Is there anyway to make aiming/moving the right stick around any faster? It feels so sluggish.

This also might sound stupid but how do you reload?[/QUOTE]

LB reloads and you're really supposed to be aiming with the targeting system.

This game is really fun, but probably only worth a rental, unless you tend to play MP a lot. But there are some really annoying things.

- The aiming target is too slow. (right analog stick)

- When you auto target and shoot, half the time they aim at cars, or people in the background when there are enemies right in front of you. This gets really annoying when there are a ton of monsters, and you are blasting them away and then the computer auto targets an agent and then the guy tells you not to shoot agents. Why do they even allow you to auto target agents or agent cars?

- The climbing is still a little buggy. Half the time i feel like there is a 20% chance the character wont grab onto something that can be grabbed. Other things like falling over an edge and not having him grab onto the edge, so you fall. Or those tall skinny windows that look like you can grab them and climb up, but you cant.

- Whenever you finish a race, the post race stats sit there forever. Really i bet it sits there for like 30 seconds. Why does it sit there so long, and why cant i press a button to proceed. I usually end up trying to play while its there, and end up running people over. With that said, these races are pretty easy. The first game had you racing against other cars, but this one is more of a lone time trial run.

- Are the agility orbs in the same spots as the first game? Sometimes i see an orb floating above a building, but the top is broken, so its floating in the air. Seriously it feels like they are in the same places.

Thats all i can remember right now. Even though i seem to complain about the game a bit, i still have fun playing it. I liked how you went about progressing through the story, but i still prefer the hit list, and having to take out leaders better. I have about 450 agility orbs in 2 days, and not using a map. The orbs you have to chase can be a bit annoying. Sometimes i just give up and move on when i cant get them.

See this is the sort of thing that pisses me off. Im trying to do a rooftop race in some super mario pipeland area. You end the race by climbing a big pipe to the top. Well twice i got to the top 0.5 seconds late. Then finally i have good time, im about to jump to the pipe to start climbing and thinking to myself i have it this time! Just when i thought that the character decides he doesnt want to grab the ledge i need to grab to start climbing, he just floats right past it on his way down to the ground.

Wow now i try this three or four times more and i cant even get near the end before this guy doesnt grab something. I really hate when i do something so much that i almost have it beat, only to screw up on little stuff ive been clearing 100 times before that. :bomb:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, i just did this for the last time. Got to the end and dude didnt grab the ledge i needed. He just falls right past it. Wow, this is terrible. Forget this rooftop race.

I about died laughing when I was climbing one of the towers to take over a tactical spot, one of the bad guys said-

Can you see your house from here? Probably not because we blew it the fuck up!

LOL nice. I finally beat all the rooftop races.... the thruster boots make them so easy. I didnt know how to unlock those boots, but i read you have to be fully maxed out to 6 in every skill. Wish i had unlocked them a long time before hunting most orbs. They are really fun to use too, along with the flying suit. When you get the hang of it, its really handy to use those two things.

Only thing that sucks is i leveled my guy up to 6 in every skill, but i didnt get the achievement. I guess you need to buy the big toys DLC to unlock it. Thats my guess, unless my game glitched.

I finished all regular orbs, except online ones. Finished car races, wingsuit rings, vehicle stunts. Right now im trying to get the renegade vehicle orbs. Agility renegade orbs are pretty easy. For most of them i just flew up above them and used the ground stomp move to come in from above and slam on them. The only one that really gave me trouble was the one in the agency building.

Man i tried to play online car tag, and i got the orb twice. Both times someone stole it from me when they werent even close to me. Few other times i was very close to the car with the orb and didnt get it. Wow, must be really laggy or something. Anyway i got all the achievements i could get without someones help, now i dont even feel like playing it. But it was fun while it lasted. About 5 days for me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']LOL nice. I finally beat all the rooftop races.... the thruster boots make them so easy. I didnt know how to unlock those boots, but i read you have to be fully maxed out to 6 in every skill. Wish i had unlocked them a long time before hunting most orbs. They are really fun to use too, along with the flying suit. When you get the hang of it, its really handy to use those two things.[/QUOTE]

When you buy the DLC, you have access to the boots, but they take up your grenade slot. When you get Level 6 in everything, you get the thruster boots unlocked permanently and get your grenade slot back. So if you have the keys to the city preview, and level 6, you'll get access to the thrusters without buying the DLC.

Only thing that sucks is i leveled my guy up to 6 in every skill, but i didnt get the achievement. I guess you need to buy the big toys DLC to unlock it. Thats my guess, unless my game glitched.
Yep, it's a DLC achievement.

The DLC is worth it if only because you are able to spawn a helicopter from any drop point... no more having to go to agency tower every time. That and the thrusters are so damn awesome.

The thrusters absolutely break rooftop races, renegade agility orbs, and wingsuit stunt rings though, you're right. I bought the DLC last night, and within 20 minutes I had finished every rooftop race and every wingsuit stunt ring ;)

Anyone want to give me a hand wrapping up my last achievement in this game? I've got 11 stunt rings left, and they're sure to make me pull my hair out if I keep trying. Would anyone who has the thruster boots mind flying me through them? I'll be happy to return the favor :)

[quote name='PR Mega X']Anyone want to give me a hand wrapping up my last achievement in this game? I've got 11 stunt rings left, and they're sure to make me pull my hair out if I keep trying. Would anyone who has the thruster boots mind flying me through them? I'll be happy to return the favor :)[/QUOTE]

If you mean a person picking you up in a car and thruster booting you through the stunt rings, that does not work. I tired it yesterday and it did not work.

What does work is attaching the car to a helicopter and having someone fly you through the rings. I had a friend do this for like 6-7 stunt rings.

[quote name='Hoffer']If you mean a person picking you up in a car and thruster booting you through the stunt rings, that does not work. I tired it yesterday and it did not work.

What does work is attaching the car to a helicopter and having someone fly you through the rings. I had a friend do this for like 6-7 stunt rings.[/QUOTE]

I figured that would be too easy, thanks for the heads up.

Anyone want to fly me through some stunt rings with a helicopter? :D

I was able to do them all with the SUV, i believe. There are a few that are pretty damn hard.....the car controls are really touchy so its sometimes hard to line up right without going too far over. Sometimes when you get the first 1-2 rings you can use the suv to bounce up to the last one if you are right under it.

Question for anyone. I tried to download the toy box content last night and in the process of downloading it I get error code 80070570 and it says that I cant download it. Just wondering if anyone else got that problem or has had a similar problem and knows of an answer. I checked on MS site and did the cleared cache thing but no such luck.

Anyone new to the game, or just like playing a lot? I just grabbed a copy with that @Gamer Best Buy coupon, and I'm looking for anyone else who wants to play through campaign.

Shoot me a message on XBL if you wanna play!

[quote name='bill123']Question for anyone. I tried to download the toy box content last night and in the process of downloading it I get error code 80070570 and it says that I cant download it. Just wondering if anyone else got that problem or has had a similar problem and knows of an answer. I checked on MS site and did the cleared cache thing but no such luck.[/QUOTE]

You probably need to delete the data that you downloaded too. If it didn't download all the way, delete the data that has a yellow triangle as the picture. Then, clear the cache, redownload, and play.

bread's done
Back