Crackdown (Xbox 360) $17.49 + shipping CompUSA.com

[quote name='Decker']Did anyone else buy online with in-store pick up? They swear to me even though it sure looked like I bought it online, I actually had to ring it up in-store. I seriously hope I didn't pay for it twice.[/quote]

On the email receipt it says that you won't get charged until you pick it up. It also says that you can choose a different type of payment when you do pick it up. I beleive that they just reserve it for you and then just ring you up for it when you get there.

"Remember, your credit card has not been charged. Payment can be made at time
of pick up by check, cash or any credit card accepted at CompUSA."

I picked mine up today and I asked about it too. They said I won't get charged. Hopefully they are telling the truth.

-JoE

Thanks. The manager says he gets people asking him about the policy all the time. It's very confusing and I didn't see that message in my email. I appreciate your input there.

Picked up a copy today. I played the demo and wasn't really all that into it, but for $18 and some change it'll be something to hold me over until Skate and Halo3 are released.

[quote name='Gooter']sorry haven't read this entire thread. However, if you're like me and all of the compusa's have closed near you (closest one now is 60 miles away), my local Best Buy price matched their ad with no problems.[/quote]

was it in the ad or did u have to do a print out?

Hmmm... strange that some BB's would give a YMMV on the pricematch. I just bought it from BB off the shelf, then did a quick 180 back to customer service and told them it's cheaper at CompUSA. They looked it up on their pc and saw that it was available at the nearest CompUSA half a mile away (they were going to say something about the online being OOS but then I told them it's at the store a few blocks away) and gave me the 110% difference. It's really great for me that I have so many stores in close proximity of each other (I work in midtown manhattan NYC so there's a BB and Compusa within blocks of each other).

For others on the fence about PM'ing, remember! You're a CAG! You go for the cheapest deal possible! And with BB selling crackdown for $40, that extra 10% on the $22.50 is significant enough for me to PM anyday. As long as you do it before Saturday, I don't believe that BB can deny you since it's an in store price and available online as well, not an ad or circular.

$16.52 after pricematch at BB (I accounted for NY 8.375% sales tax) and DO NOT forget to go for the pricegrabber rebate while it's still around. There's something that makes you smile and give you that warm fuzzy feeling from getting a PG rebate which drops the price of the game down to $11.52 total for me. That's cheaper than ebay will ever be for a brand new copy.

[quote name='Sporadic']Oh, sorry. I just assumed since you had a gamertag listed.

- Prey is a good FPS, you should be able to find it for cheaper though.
- Gears Of War is a favorite for most people but I really didn't like the cover system/third person. You should probably keep it.
- Viva Pinata, I loved the demo, feels like a better Harvest Moon.
- Project Gotham, you should probably just wait for 4 to come out. I think it's releasing in October.
- Crackdown, it's fun but it gets old after awhile. I say dump it and grab Saint's Row instead.[/quote]

Thanks. Yea that's my current original Xbox tag.

In for Crackdown. The closest CompUSA is 25 miles from me. Fortunately, I'm going that way tomorrow anyway.

Meh, I couldn't get anyone to price match. I tried to point out that it was CompUSA's in-store price but they didn't care. I also think they knew there really weren't any CompUSA's in the immediate area, so they probably knew they weren't actually losing any business to a "competitor".

I just this pricematched at my local BB for 18.XX out the door. No hassle, No haggle, just straight up niceness to the cashier.

This was at Perimeter BB for the ATL CAGs...and I snagged the last copy. Proly should check other BB's around the area if you want to PM this.

BTW, they just closed the CompUSSR that was .2 miles away a few months ago. Actually there isn't a store located in GA anymore. but the cashier didn't care, go figure.

Man CompUSAs seem to be closing everywhere. Google maps shows a few locations that don't actually exist anymore. I wonder how they're still in business at all.

What's funny is that it's available on their Business page, but for $39.99. The customer service lady I talked to yesterday tried selling me that one, but when I pointed out that it doesn't have the discount she more or less said I was SOL.

[quote name='jeff0514']Is the Pricegrabber rebate no longer available? i'm not seeing it at the link earlier in this thread.[/quote]

Didn't see a rebate either and searching rebates showed no Xbox 360 rebates available. I'm new to PG. Am I missing something here?

Successful PM at the "Lakeline" BB in North Austin. Took the page linked by the OP showing the price, and also did the "Check store availability" to show it was available at both local Austin stores.

Thanks, OP!

I didn't bother with the "purchase, return for the extra $2.50 for the 10% of the difference". Under $19 after tax was just fine by me.

[quote name='BigDirty']Was able to price match at Sears and it kicked the price down to $15.32 pre tax - it took them a while to do it though.[/quote]

Successfully did a PM through phone from Sears. Was intended to do a local store pickup to avoid shipping. But was told shipping is only 99cents. Save me
a trip, good deal :)

[quote name='goengland']Successfully did a PM through phone from Sears. Was intended to do a local store pickup to avoid shipping. But was told shipping is only 99cents. Save me
a trip, good deal :)[/quote]
I just called Sears and they're "doing further research" for the pricematch. I had to tell them that I'm in Downer's Grove (Chicago) and I was going to send it to my "brother" ..... why do they have to make it so damn hard to pricematch a game at a place that is 150 miles away from me :D?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']????? You'll have to explain that one. These two games couldn't be more different than the other.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='getmyrunon']Seriously. Where were you going with this? I'm not in total disagreement as I happen to enjoy the two games, but for completely different reasons... I guess there could be some latent connections between physically upgrading your body, and firing projectiles, but the comparisons stop there.[/QUOTE]

lol, wow. I totally thought the thread title said "Condemned", not "Crackdown".

I told you guys I'm dyslexic... or maybe just really tired at the time.

Got a big time shutdown at the local BB tonight when trying to PM. The woman called the ONLY local CompUSA and it wasn't in stock so I got denied. Of course there used to be 4-5 in this area but now they have all shut down. I tried to talk through it but the woman copped a big time 'tude with me. Said some smart ass thing like "Well I know it says its available for in store pick up but not locally, maybe if you drive to minnesota you can get it" (meanwhile we are in Pennsylvania). Ugh. :bomb:

Luckily the local Sears has it in stock so I will just run down there tomorrow AM! :bouncy:

Hm, why are people having so much success with Sears? I don't even shop at the one near us because the customer service is notoriously abysmal :(

[quote name='Eleo']Hm, why are people having so much success with Sears? I don't even shop at the one near us because the customer service is notoriously abysmal :([/quote]

I never would have thought it either. It's still impossible to find someone in electronics sometimes, but I might start doing all of my PMs there just because of how easy it was.

YES! Got mine priced matched at Sears today. Was so easy and painless to do, the lady didn't even ask me to show her the compusa website. She just asked how much it was and she put it in and just had to ask for a managers apporval. Got it for $16.31 with tax. The only downside of this if I wanted to be picky would be that when she called for a manager, it took a while before the manger showed up and approved it, but it was worth the wait. Thank you so much OP and everyone that said to pm at Sears

Wow, now that was some fast shipping. Found it on my doorstep this morning.

Thanks little_krampy and jeffblack for the deal!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So do I just need to send the link to the webpage to Sears Online in order to get the online price match?[/quote]

Anyone??

I forgot to goto CompUSA when I was out by there yesterday and now this will be only way of picking this up.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I think they only price match in store^.[/quote]

It says that you can do it online too, but I just don't know how they go about doing that.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It says that you can do it online too, but I just don't know how they go about doing that.[/quote]

Actually what i did was i emailed first to get the approval. Then called in to place the order, was told full amount would need to be charged 1st, then the PM difference will be credited back in couple days.

I had a gift card with best buy and they said no to pricematch. Sears too easy, show the ad and got it for 16.xx. The manager was cool too. That's my new pricematching store now.

OK, I got someone to pick these games up for me. Although Viva Pinata and PGR3 are listed as 16.99 on CompUSA's website (and even higher price in the database in the store), they both rang up for $12.74. Wasn't expecting that at all. Made out; three great games for ~$45.

I was able to get the PM to work at the local sears today. Last copy of Crackdown too. Rung up at 39.99, told the clerk that CompUSA had it for 17.49 and showed the ad. She said they only match B&M deals and I showed her the "avaiable for in store pickup" from the print out. She flipped through the printout I gave her, considered calling the local CompUSA, but just ended up putting it through for 17.49 plus PM guarantee so all in it was just over $16!

Great deal! :D Thanks OP :applause: and all the CAG's who brough up the Sears PM. :bouncy: It sure helped me since BB shut me down yesterday.

It turns out I got the limited edition of Viva Pinata. Dunno if it's a YMMV thing? However the CompUSA site does depict the limited edition case, so maybe there's a good chance that's what you get.

PMed at BB. I couldn't imagine paying full price for Crackdown.
I've been playing Bioshock for 2 straight weeks and needed a break.

Crackdowns not bad but it gets repetitive fast. Even though Bioshock is set in an 'aquarium' it's more sanbox, than the actual sanbox game.

I say buy Crackdown but do not, under any circumstances, play Bioshock before.

So, I ordered Crackdown online for store pickup. I was looking through the store for some other things before I picked it up and stumbled across a clearance bin that said buy 2 games get an extra 25% off. I found both Crackdown and Call of Duty 3 (which I've really wanted but been putting off buying) in that bin. So after some hasle at the front desk, I get them to give me the extra 25% off CoD, but not Crackdown because the sign said it could not be combined with other deals. CoD3 rang up with an original price of $45, but there was a sticker on the outer (anti-theft) case that said $29.99. That brought on more hasle at the register, but end result:
Crackdown: $17.50
CoD3: $23
:D

And you know what the best part is? According to a sticker on the Crackdown case, I can get into the beta for Halo 3!!

What do you mean I'm too late for the beta? SON OF A ****! ;)

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Has anyone noticed that Shadowrun and Crackdown have identical covers[/QUOTE]
They both have a guy jumping in the air with their legs in similar position.

shadowrun_box_art_thumb.jpg

crackdown360.jpg

Got my copy of Viva Pinata yesterday from the online store... and it was the Collectors Edition. Thanks again for the info OP.

bread's done
Back