Cracked shaq-fuing discs!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
This is unbelievable..

Many of you probably remember my 360 ate my DOA4! thread. Guess what? New problem.

This time, however, it's my copy of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. I've played it.. MAYBE five or six times. I take it out of the case, it goes in the 360, then it goes right back in the case. I took a look at it tonight and it's got two tiny cracks from the middle of the discs. I'm not the only one with this complaint, though, at least two guys I know with 360's also have this problem.. one with Ghost Recon, the other with his copy of DOA4. After renting Hitman twice, I looked at the center, and there's a crack in that one too.

So.. okay. What the hell is the issue, and have any of you had this problem? It can't be my 360 because I've put over 50 hours into Oblivion and there's not a mark on it. No marks on my frequently played copies of DOA4 (the new copy I have) or Condemned. I thought it was the cases, but I have no idea.

Are these discs cheaply made or something? And it's seriously annoying, because once this happens, you're paranoid it'll break so you can't play the game you bought, and you're pretty much shit out of luck - Microsoft will laugh at you, the game developers will shrug their shoulders, and you're out $50-$60. What the fuck.

Anyone? Has ANYONE had this problem?

It's hard to see in this picture, but I tried the best I could.

The crack extends from the center to a tiny bit before the XBox 360 shiny crap.

//edited title because cursing in title = b7

I haven't had this with my 360(granted I got it the other day), but I have had this happen to GCN discs. It totally sucks and costs $15 for a new GCN disc usually.

I just checked my Oblivion (plenty of time on that) and Burnout (not as much but still plenty) and both of them are fine.

[quote name='Scorch']This is unbelievable..

Many of you probably remember my 360 ate my DOA4! thread. Guess what? New problem.

This time, however, it's my copy of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. I've played it.. MAYBE five or six times. I take it out of the case, it goes in the 360, then it goes right back in the case. I took a look at it tonight and it's got two tiny cracks from the middle of the discs. I'm not the only one with this complaint, though, at least two guys I know with 360's also have this problem.. one with Ghost Recon, the other with his copy of DOA4. After renting Hitman twice, I looked at the center, and there's a crack in that one too.

So.. okay. What the hell is the issue, and have any of you had this problem? It can't be my 360 because I've put over 50 hours into Oblivion and there's not a mark on it. No marks on my frequently played copies of DOA4 (the new copy I have) or Condemned. I thought it was the cases, but I have no idea.

Are these discs cheaply made or something? And it's seriously annoying, because once this happens, you're paranoid it'll break so you can't play the game you bought, and you're pretty much shit out of luck - Microsoft will laugh at you, the game developers will shrug their shoulders, and you're out $50-$60. What the fuck.

Anyone? Has ANYONE had this problem?

It's hard to see in this picture, but I tried the best I could.

The crack extends from the center to a tiny bit before the XBox 360 shiny crap.

//edited title because cursing in title = b7[/quote]

After reading your post I decided to check my new, unplayed copy GRAW and mine already has the same little crack. Its in the exact same place.

Check the cases, too. I've only seen two types of cases.. one's a square center (Condemned), the other looks like a D pad/cross/whathaveyou (four divisions, up down left and right - this is the case that belongs to all my problematic games.)

[quote name='rxdoga']After reading your post I decided to check my new, unplayed copy GRAW and mine already has the same little crack.[/quote]

Now that's bullshit. What the hell? What is with this issue? Is it the discs? It has to be, right? If your copy's unplayed and everything.. cripes, take that one back to the store man, get yourself a better one.. open it at the store in front of the retail dude if you have to.

[quote name='Scorch']Check the cases, too. I've only seen two types of cases.. one's a square center (Condemned), the other looks like a D pad/cross/whathaveyou (four divisions, up down left and right - this is the case that belongs to all my problematic games.)

Now that's bullshit. What the hell? What is with this issue? Is it the discs? It has to be, right? If your copy's unplayed and everything.. cripes, take that one back to the store man, get yourself a better one.. open it at the store in front of the retail dude if you have to.[/quote]

My GRAW has the d-pad case. There are also some cases with the yin/yang design(OverGFighter and NBA2K6 have this kind). fuck!! I just looked at my DOA4 and it has a severe crack.:cry:

[quote name='rxdoga']My GRAW has the d-pad case. There are also some cases with the yin/yang design(OverGFighter and NBA2K6 have this kind). fuck!! I just looked at my DOA4 and it has a severe crack.:cry:[/quote]

I do believe a case switching is in order right about... now.

*runs off to find better cases*

Just checked all my games, they all seem fine.

Burnout Revenge: 6 hours, still looks new.
Call of Duty 2: 15 hours, fine.
Condemned: 12 hours, fine.
Dead or Alive 4: 15 hours + I bought it used (twice used, I think) and it's fine.
Oblivion: 110 hours + 16 hours that a friend played on it, still in great shape!
Perfect Dark: Zero: 1 hour, didn't even bother.

Whats up with all the variation with the cases!?!? I never really took notice of it. I took alok at all my PS2 games and they have the same push design. I might have to start buying my own cases. Does anyone know where to buy orig xbox cases cheap. Those all seem to be the yin/yang kind.

[quote name='2Fast']Just checked all my games, they all seem fine.

Burnout Revenge: 6 hours, still looks new.
Call of Duty 2: 15 hours, fine.
Condemned: 12 hours, fine.
Dead or Alive 4: 15 hours + I bought it used (twice used, I think) and it's fine.
Oblivion: 110 hours + 16 hours that a friend played on it, still in great shape!
Perfect Dark: Zero: 1 hour, didn't even bother.[/quote]

What kind of case is your DOA in?

my madden 06 has this. I got it in a trade, i dunno if it had it before or not. It works fine though

i dont get why they stopped putting the push release things. Like, the original push release, with the ying yang like design. Those were perfect. Popped in well, easy to push in, was easy to get out once you pushed it down as you could slide it out and not even touch the center if you went straight up.

And you even tried the "Table Tennis" case? There is NO push tab to release the disc and it takes all my effort to remove the disc without cracking it in half.

i checked all my games, and they have all three of the different cases (includeing a cheasy Hollywoodvideo rental case) that i somehow bought Amped3 in, All of them are crack free..

I hate the 360 cases with the square disc peg inside. The first couple times you try to remove the game you feel like it's about to break in half! I just checked the only 360 game I have still Battlefield 2 and it's fine even though it has the case I just mentioned. I also keep it in my 360 all the time.....

Have you guys checked how consistent 360 disks are physically? I don't have that many games so I can't tell. If i remembered it correctly some of my PS2 games seem to be thicker than the other. Either it was the color of the disc throwing me off or there is really a minor thickness difference....

[quote name='pinkkirby']Have you guys checked how consistent 360 disks are physically? I don't have that many games so I can't tell. If i remembered it correctly some of my PS2 games seem to be thicker than the other. Either it was the color of the disc throwing me off or there is really a minor thickness difference....[/quote]
They all feel the same to me except NFS:MW.. that disc seems to be lighter than the others I compared it to (DOA4, GRAW, Oblivion)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Scorch WTF did you do to get such bad Karma?

Could be that maybe Bill Gates just hates you...[/quote]

bad karma? It's not bad karma, it's just a faulty disc and i'm not the only one. Bill Gates doesn't have much to do with the XBox except by company name..

bread's done
Back