Craigslist finally does it. Forced account signups

Diosoth

CAGiversary!
CL is in the process of forcing everyone to sign up accounts. Today I had trouble posting an ad telling me I had to have an account for every category. I turned my broadband modem off and on, which changed my IP address so I get the post form again. Instead of getting the posting email, I get a notice telling me I've signed up for an account.

Which I do not need or want. To even use that account or my email address anymore, I'd have to give them my phone # and they are certainly NOT getting that. I have sent messages to their help and abuse email addresses, though I'm 99.99% ceratin no actual person will read them.

I can still post normally with my alternate hotmail address. However, I don't use that as I found 60% of my hotmail messages never get to the recipient. I'm almost certain that is Microsoft's way of punishing Firefox users.

So now... it's use my alternate email which might not even let me reply to buyers, or use Kijiji. A service no one even knows of, an dmuch like eBay, no matter how evil and despicable CL gets, no one will leave.

http://cincinnati.kijiji.com/c-ViewAd?AdId=166676297&Guid=124c161e-75d0-a20b-26a1-b7a1ffff7a12

No doubt 5 people will even LOOK at this ad on the ghost town. Funny that the only 2 messages I've received via Kijiji posts have been CAG posters- one guy asked me to mail to Canada, even though these services are strictly local pickup. Another asked to buy an item I'd already thrown in the garbage, after I said it'd been destroyed.

You know WHY I throw things away when they don't sell? Because it removes the needless headache of trying to sell it. If I'm going to get $5 for everything at the used game store, which is 40 miles away and costs $8 in gas to reach, then I'm better off tossing it.

Resi 2 on N64.. shiny......

Wait, what's the thread about again? I'm easily distracted.

Seriously though, try tossing up a tradelist here maybe? If you don't want much for stuff and are willing to ship it, people will pay a bit over shipping sometimes. Never hurts, and it's not like bumping it once a day or so takes a lot of time. I tried selling on craigslist, got nowhere. eBay is a bitch and a half as a seller. I just give stuff to friends/sell here anymore. Hell, sometimes I've sent shit to people here for free even.

dont have anything to sell, but went to CL real quick and saw the account signin/signup link at the top of the page. i like it, but i dont like it at the same time. i like it because (hopefully) it might cut down on bad sellers, scammers, etc. but i dont like it, because part of the CL appeal is the ease of use and the ability to throw something right up. the next step after this is user fees.

Great, how am I supposed to anonymously hook up with random strangers now?

Seriously, though, I already have an account so this isn't that big a deal for me.

[quote name='SoonerMatt']Great, how am I supposed to anonymously hook up with random strangers now?

Seriously, though, I already have an account so this isn't that big a deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Proxy+free email+public library=anonymous stranger... OH YEA!

bread's done
Back