Crappy games that you enjoy

[quote name='oddfella']i can play the game Caveman Games for NES for hours and hours. Its just button pushes but your alway trin to break your records[/quote]

oh dam! that game's fun...whenever i went to my friends house way back in the day we would play against each other...he'd beat me on the making a fire one all the time..dammit..lol

Count another vote for Luigi's Mansion. I own over 100 current gen games and this is by far one of my favorites out of all the blockbuster 'hits' etc. This and Pikmin. I don't even know why.

The Adventures of Cookies & Cream (PS2) was hated by many but I got a kick out of it. Maybe just because the bunny had a flower pot on his head. GUNVALKYRIE on XBox recieved abysmal reviews but I think its still one of the best games on the system.

Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball. Why did so many people hate this game? The visuals are lovely and I had fun giving swimsuits to other girls and then having them model it for me. I guess its too much "fashion" oriented with a Barbie doll 'dress em up' feel for guys but I have so far logged over 90 hours on the game and can still break it out and enjoy it. Its good stuff.

Speaking of Caveman games, I remember that title too as well as the Snoopy Olympics (or whatever it was called). That thing was HARD and probably considered "Bad" but I really loved it.

1. kabuki quantum Fighter is not crappy

2. doa anything is

3. Snoopy Silly Sports Spectacular is a spectacular game

for the people arguing over Halo...i ask: Have you ever played a masterpiece game called "Tribes: Aerial Assault" for PS2 or "Tribes 2" for PC? no offense but DUH! GREATNESS

Guilty pleasure: Rampage World Tour and The Bouncer until I realized that it was over....i'd honestly add FFX to the list because for some strange reason after putting 132 hours in it and beating everyone of the last bosses w/ one hit and happily finishing the game...now that I think about it, I realize why it took me a good 20 hours to even start to like that game. FFVIII was def. awesome...card game had me addicted and if you took the time to really understand the GF system...it was pretty damn innovative and cool.

[quote name='oddfella']i can play the game Caveman Games for NES for hours and hours. Its just button pushes but your alway trin to break your records[/quote]

It hurts me just to think about that game again. I literally just twinged.

Cant believe I actually blew money on this + Festers Quest like 8 years ago.

It hurts me just to think about that game again. I literally just twinged.

Cant believe I actually blew money on this + Festers Quest like 8 years ago.

Disaster Report. Frequent slowdowns, weak graphics, cheezy dialogue, no music, can't run for long periods of time without water. Even with all of these flaws this game rulez! Most people can't stand this game because it's slow and you're just walking around, similar to Shenmue. But the concept is what dragged me in. It may not be for everybody, but I think it's cool. Oh yeah, Shenmue is awesome too.

I love the bloody roar games. They aren't deep or involved or balanced but they are a ton of fun. It's the most fun I've ever had button mashing. I really hope they port 4 to the GC.

Legend of Alon Dar for PS2 - Horrible voice acting, the most unlikeable characters, and pointless side quests. Despite all that, I thought the game was fun. Probably because it's one of the very few 2-player simultaneous RPG-ish games.

I picked up Blade II for the Xbox when it was $9.99 at Best Buy, and it was bloody good fun (bloody being the key word here). It had at least one "holy $#!&" moment in it, when I was in the vampire nightclub and I activated the "rage" or sword power or whatever it is, and I slashed through about 100 vampires in 10 seconds. Finished it in about a week but it was good value for money.
And I also nominate Minority Report, nobody seemed to like this but it was a decent beat-em-up/platform game IMHO. Of course I didn't pay $50, but still...

Most of the older games will be Dreamcast games because that's mostly what I've been playing when I need the old-school fix.

One of my guilty pleasures is Time Stalkers. Yeah, it isn't the flashiest game out there, you lose all your levels after beating a dungeon and the graphics suck, but for some reason, I just like playing this game.

Another one is Omikron the Nomad Soul. This game really wanted to be epic, but if you let yourself get into the game, I think it's pretty fun. The control sucks pretty bad, but I like all the different things to do in the game.

Maken X is another one that's fun as hell. It's basically a first-person hack and slash and you can hijack people's bodies.

Snoopy Olyimpics for NES...I'm not even sure if thats the real name of the game but I spent many hours with friends playing that game...

Simpsons Hit and Run and Road Rage.

I know they are just rip offs of much better games, but if you forget about those, and just enjoy the one-liners/colorful graphics, you'll have a descent time.
It also doesn't hurt to love the simpsons.

I used to play Codename Eagle with my friends for hours. Unfortunately half that time was spent reloading the game after it crashed. There was no other game like it at the time.

More recently, I've been playing Batman Rise of Sin Tzu. I like the art direction of the game, it's like being in an episode of the cartoon.

[quote name='minx']spider

This was that launched title or very close to launch title for the original PS 1 where you play the part of a scientist turned into a spider. The motion captured spider movements make this game, since otherwise it's a really quite awful as it takes place completely on rails despite claiming to be 3-D. The saving system appears to be broken . Completely unimaginative level goals and a just plain awful level layout.gameplay revolves around the very stupid collection of items principle, and you can literally circle on a rail the room many times and miss rail paths splitting because their invisible, forcing you to circle the room yet again ad nauseaum.

Did I mention it has motion captured spiders?

This game rules![/quote]

I love that game. I still play it when I get the chance.

I'm embarrased to say but, Yu-Gi-Oh! games are my guilty pleasure. I played the Forbidden Memories on the PS1 to death. And the first game I bought for my gba was Eternal Duelist. I have the PS2 game Duelist of the Roses and I'm waiting for the price to drop on Falsebound Kingdom :oops:

[quote name='ZForce915']Legend of Zelda for the NES, I know most people hate this game...
[/quote]

Well, I hear alot more people talk about the second one. Which I absolutly love. It is one of my favorite games of all time. Although, they did just release it on the gameboy, so it cant be that hated.

[quote name='thestuff'][quote name='ZForce915']Legend of Zelda for the NES, I know most people hate this game...
[/quote]

Well, I hear alot more people talk about the second one. Which I absolutly love. It is one of my favorite games of all time. Although, they did just release it on the gameboy, so it cant be that hated.[/quote]

Yeah, I haven't read too many negative reviews regarding the first Zelda, but Zelda II: The Adventure of Link seems to strike a chord with the nay sayers. However, I too really enjoyed Zelda II.

[quote name='Plumberboy'][quote name='thestuff'][quote name='ZForce915']Legend of Zelda for the NES, I know most people hate this game...
[/quote]

Well, I hear alot more people talk about the second one. Which I absolutly love. It is one of my favorite games of all time. Although, they did just release it on the gameboy, so it cant be that hated.[/quote]

Yeah, I haven't read too many negative reviews regarding the first Zelda, but Zelda II: The Adventure of Link seems to strike a chord with the nay sayers. However, I too really enjoyed Zelda II.[/quote]

Yeah I was never a big fan of Zelda 2 but I found it very unique and for that reason I'm glad they make it.

I think many people didnt really answer the question well...Crappy games you enjoyed. Not games that werent recieved well that you like regardless. I dont care what anyone says about Luigi's Mansion, just because its short doesnt make it crappy, just short. Simpsons Hit and Run got great reviews and most everyone i know who played it liked it(and how many people you know that dont like the Simpsons?) To say FFVIII is a crappy game is ridiculus. Sure some people didnt like it...but it wasnt crappy. My definition of a crappy game that some people liked is Enter the Matrix. The game really is crappy, it has bugs all over(my friends new version froze all the time) getting stuck in places things like that, that makes a game crappy. Bad Boys for ps2 and xbox, horrible from everyone i know who has played it but some actually enjoyed just messing around in it although its dumb. Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, full of bugs as well but some love it.
I have heard quite a few people complain about Disgaea but that doesnt mean im going to say its a crappy game i enjoyed..there are more than enough people to prove it otherwise. Every game gets hate(minus Halo and GTA because they are engulfed in their hype) so name more games that have real issues aside from opinion. Even if you love the Matrix you have to admit that game was full of bugs.

As for my pick..Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for PS2. I love tmnt but hearing them say something everyhit makes me want to turn them into turtle soup! Tne fact that it was repetitve and only 2 players blowed too. Still through quite a bit of it with my gf and enjoyed it.

[quote name='Weedy649']I think many people didnt really answer the question well...Crappy games you enjoyed. Not games that werent recieved well that you like regardless. I dont care what anyone says about Luigi's Mansion, just because its short doesnt make it crappy, just short. Simpsons Hit and Run got great reviews and most everyone i know who played it liked it(and how many people you know that dont like the Simpsons?) To say FFVIII is a crappy game is ridiculus. Sure some people didnt like it...but it wasnt crappy. My definition of a crappy game that some people liked is Enter the Matrix. The game really is crappy, it has bugs all over(my friends new version froze all the time) getting stuck in places things like that, that makes a game crappy. Bad Boys for ps2 and xbox, horrible from everyone i know who has played it but some actually enjoyed just messing around in it although its dumb. Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, full of bugs as well but some love it.
I have heard quite a few people complain about Disgaea but that doesnt mean im going to say its a crappy game i enjoyed..there are more than enough people to prove it otherwise. Every game gets hate(minus Halo and GTA because they are engulfed in their hype) so name more games that have real issues aside from opinion. Even if you love the Matrix you have to admit that game was full of bugs.

As for my pick..Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for PS2. I love tmnt but hearing them say something everyhit makes me want to turn them into turtle soup! Tne fact that it was repetitve and only 2 players blowed too. Still through quite a bit of it with my gf and enjoyed it.[/quote]

I love Enter the Matrix. Fun game from where I stand. Mine never froze up or glitched at all.

I like Dave Mirra for DC and Dave Mirra 2 for xbox. Both are pretty glitchy and not as polished as the Tony Hawk series but I still enjoyed playing them. I also really like Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 for DC despite the slow down and repetitive play. Lastly I like playing Home Alone 2 for gameboy even though I can beat the whole game while taking a dump.

I wanted to like ETM so much, but there was just too many things holding it down. But I do have to say when everything comes together cleanly, that game is sorta fun to play.

One game I didn't like that was got great reviews, was Simpsons Hit & Run. The idea of GTA like Simpsons game sounds great on paper but it was executed horribly. The missions were boring and repetitive. The story was lame. And character models were down right fugly. For some reason the Simpsons don't translate well into 3-D. I actually liked Road Rage much better than Hit & Run even though it wasn't as well received.

[quote name='dcfox']I wanted to like ETM so much, but there was just too many things holding it down. But I do have to say when everything comes together cleanly, that game is sorta fun to play.
[/quote]

I liked the fighting in the game. The combat engine was pretty good. And it was fun to run along walls.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='dcfox']I wanted to like ETM so much, but there was just too many things holding it down. But I do have to say when everything comes together cleanly, that game is sorta fun to play.
[/quote]

I liked the fighting in the game. The combat engine was pretty good. And it was fun to run along walls.[/quote]

You think fighting was fun in that game? Go play viewtiful joe. Thats true slow motion A kicking goodness right there.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='dcfox']I wanted to like ETM so much, but there was just too many things holding it down. But I do have to say when everything comes together cleanly, that game is sorta fun to play.
[/quote]

I liked the fighting in the game. The combat engine was pretty good. And it was fun to run along walls.[/quote]

I particularly enjoyed using focus to execute the take down moves. If they only got the camera right I could almost look past all the other bugs. Its just sad they took time to put all these cool moves in and half the time you can't even see yourself.

[quote name='Weedy649']You think fighting was fun in that game? Go play viewtiful joe. Thats true slow motion A kicking goodness right there.[/quote]

For some reason, I get sick whenever I play cel-shaded games.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='dcfox']I wanted to like ETM so much, but there was just too many things holding it down. But I do have to say when everything comes together cleanly, that game is sorta fun to play.
[/quote]

I particularly enjoyed using focus to execute the take down moves. If they only got the camera right I could almost look past all the other bugs. Its just sad they took time to put all these cool moves in and half the time you can't even see yourself.[/quote]

Yeah the camera was pretty bad in that game. I will say that. I did like the hacking minigame though. It was fun, if not time consuming.

One I liked that some people hated was Critical Depth on the PS One. It was made by the same guys who did Twisted Metal 2. The graphics were crap but the idea of an underwater Twisted Metal was cool to me. Nothing beats a submarine shaped like a shark!
critical1.jpg

I actually really enjoyed The Hulk for PS2. Very simple and straight forward but I loved just destroying everything in sight. A guilty pleasure for sure. Plus it's nice to get a break from the Contra's and Maximo's of the world.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I actually really enjoyed The Hulk for PS2. Very simple and straight forward but I loved just destroying everything in sight. A guilty pleasure for sure. Plus it's nice to get a break from the Contra's and Maximo's of the world.[/quote]

I thought the Hulk was a decent beat em up as well, the stealth scenes sucked though.

I actually really enjoyed Roadkill. It got slammed for overusing profanity, but I thought the rest of the game was decent overall. I like car combat/exploration games like that, reminded me of exploring Twisted Metal 2 back in the day, but without time limits.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Simpsons Hit and Run and Road Rage.

I know they are just rip offs of much better games, but if you forget about those, and just enjoy the one-liners/colorful graphics, you'll have a descent time.
It also doesn't hurt to love the simpsons.[/quote]

I love hit and run

Pac-Man World 2, I bought this at a $5 sale but I actually ended up liking it, I mean I don't love it or anything but I do think it's a good game.

[quote name='projecteightysix']hook for snes haha. i loved that game when i was little.[/quote]

Wow..This one took me back. I remeber that one. I never really thought it was that crappy. It was pretty fun back in the day.

[quote name='guessed']Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge[/quote]

Nice Simpsons reference, yo.

I loved Everblue 2, and I think I'm the only one who gave it a good review score on gamerankings.

I liked Blood Will Tell, not because it's an amazing action game, but because I dig the story. Most other people rated it bad.

I also think Britney's Dance Beat is relatively fun, as I'm a sucker for rhythm games.

bread's done
Back